Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    vCash
    delete
    Last edited by advgirl; 11-27-2011 at 08:49 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Keep US View Post
    This can all be very confusing. I work for Universal Sports Network and thought it would be helpful if I tried to give you some answers. We want to make sure that everyone knows what is happening at the end of the year. As noted, there are changes on the horizon for the network. In the past, we’ve been an over-the-air multicast network. However, we are transitioning over to a cable, satellite and IPTV service, similar to other sports and entertainment networks. That change goes into effect at midnight on December 31, 2011.

Right now, DirecTV is the only service who will (and currently does) offer Universal Sports beginning in 2012. We are working diligently with other distributors and hope to have additional deals signed before the deadline.

You can help. You WILL make a difference. Please call 1-800-55-GET-US and follow the prompts to tell your TV provider you want Universal Sports on your channel lineup. The more people call, the better our chances are of making sure your viewing experience of Universal Sports is uninterrupted.

Here is a link to a complete FAQ that should answer more questions: http://www.universalsports.com/frequ...questions.html

You can also follow this link to fill out an online form:http://www.universalsports.com/iwant...ollection.html . Please pass the phone number and link along to your family and friends – every call and online submission help!

If you have additional questions that are not addressed in the FAQ, please email us at keepus@universalsports.com

Thank you for your time.
    Thank you very much for all the info. I have made several requests from At&t to add it during the past year and I did just make another request. I hope US is able to sign contracts with more providers including At&t in the near future.

I wish NBC would wait to move all events to US until more providers agree to carry the channel. Do you know if there will be an option to view the channel online? I'd be willing to pay a monthly fee just to be able to watch it. The thought of missing events (come January) is very disheartening.

Thanks again.

vCash
    I tried to submit the online form on multiple browsers and it keeps saying there is an error.

vCash
    I did the form and left feedback with my carrier, Comcast. This seems very much like a marketing tool, to help US hike up the prices of advertisement spots. Something doesn't feel right but, hey, if my Comcast keeps US, I'll be a happy camper.
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

vCash
    I found it temperamental. I had to change my View to 100% from 125% and click on my carrier more than once to get it to register.

Finally it accepted the form.

vCash
    Same here, Doris.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Frau Muller View Post
    I did the form and left feedback with my carrier, Comcast. This seems very much like a marketing tool, to help US hike up the prices of advertisement spots. Something doesn't feel right but, hey, if my Comcast keeps US, I'll be a happy camper.
    Ditto. Otherwise we will become a bi-cable household.
    DH - and that's just my opinion

vCash
    My Comcast system put up a notice today that effective Dec 20, the current US Channel 187 would be changing it's format to an all music station. I called Comcast programming rep for our area and was told that the Fresno area Comcast Franchise is in talks with Universal Sports people about getting an agreement to carry USTV on the Fresno Hub. So it looks like it is going to disappear from my Comcast system effective Dec. 20.

I did the form thing, called numerous times and was even told that USTV would not be lost or removed. LIES! Looks like for the forseeable future I will have to rely on UniversalSports.com for the figure skating and gymnastics that it provides.

Another unhappy Comcast customer!
    There is nothing more captivating in this world than a woman's form gracing the ice in skating boots. It's simply sensational!

vCash
    ^^^^^^ I am so bummed. I have called, written, screamed. I have even called Direct TV........I have a TV at my office.....and Direct TV told me they don't have Universal Sports in any of their packages.
    DH - and that's just my opinion

vCash
    I'll save my screams for January 1, 2012...if Comcast of Washington, DC, dares not include US in their package. Fee-fie-fow-fumm...

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AxelAnnie View Post
    ^^^^^^ I am so bummed. I have called, written, screamed. I have even called Direct TV........I have a TV at my office.....and Direct TV told me they don't have Universal Sports in any of their packages.
    Yes they do. I have it. It's in one of the sports package.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    I suspect this is going to get rather ugly in a few weeks. How many casual viewers have no idea how they are getting Universal and will have no clue that it's going to disappear.

I am hoping our Universal employee will check in and give us a progress report.

I have called my local NBC affiliate several times and cannot find a single person who has any idea what is going on - whether they will have it - not have it. No one knows anything about Universal Sports.

vCash
    I called Comcast and the guy told me that he didn't think they would REALLY drop US. I also emailed. He did tell me to go to Comcastvoices.com and give feedback there. I also told them that I was considering dropping cable altogether if US was taken away.

vCash
    I have comcast in the chicago suburbs and get universal sports. They recently changed from channel 251 to channel 342. No announcement. Nothing. I just thought they removed it! I hate not being notified about stuff like this!

I can see it on my tv that has the converter box (and gets tons of channels) as well as the other tv that has no box. The one with no box is where I tape shows so I really hope I'll:

1) Still be getting Univ Sports
    2) Be able to view it on both tvs

Does anyone know about this?

Official FSU Alte Kacher
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AxelAnnie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    Yes they do. I have it. It's in one of the sports package.
    Yep. Channel 625. It's part of a $12.95 per month sports package. Once skating season is over, we'll probably drop it for a while.
    "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity”– MLK

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    I considered that, but they'll probably carry Olympic coverage this summer and I'd have to pick it back up. And I like the skiing.

vCash
    I called my local (Wash, DC) Comcast office yesterday & they told me "not to worry - you'll be getting Universal Sports." So it sounds as if my area is clear.

vCash
    I don't have cable at all - I get it by the regular analog channels. I'll have to email to see whether I'll still get US in the new year, but I suspect not

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Orable View Post
    I don't have cable at all - I get it by the regular analog channels. I'll have to email to see whether I'll still get US in the new year, but I suspect not
    You most likely will not. My understanding is it will only be offered through cable providers and at the moment, DirectTV is the only provider. They are negotiating with other providers.

The advantage for those of us who have the DirectTV package (it's part of a larger sports package costing $15/month) is it is supposed to be upgraded to Hidef. Right now, the image is really poor. Since I bought an Internet capable TV, I just watch IN on the TV as the quality is superior to Universal Sports.

vCash
    We have the whole enchilada package from Comcast [Houston, TX]; however, one NEVER sees which channel US is on......it's 319 here. Apparently it's a big secret; why? Who knows? We pay out the wazoo for the whole enchilada package, with no prospect of dropping any of the channels......my husband is a football, basketball, baseball freak. All those sports come with the whole enchilada package. I did fill out the form for Comcast to continue to have US.

I always tape everything on US anyway, so if anyone is interested in VHS [I'm in the process of transferring to DVDs], PM me & we can probably work something out.

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast