Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post
    You have Time Warner and you get the US channel? I have Time Warner too and I don't get it and have been hounding them with requests when are we gonna get it and the answer ranges from "what channel?" to "never". What state are you in? Maybe I'll move there!
    I'm in California. We get it with Time Warner.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedySucks View Post
    ....NBC Universal/Comcast has only a minority ownership in Universal Sports. They are currently working on a distribution deal with Comcast, but it may or may not happen by January 1st.
    Yeah and in the meantime DirectTV is pulling out all stops to scare people into switching to their service. Come January 1, we'll see that US remains on the Comcast line-up of channels. If it doesn't, it's not as if it will take so long to switch carriers. I'm very happy with my Comcast Xfinity bundled package and will sit and wait. It's not as if I will miss a critical skating event on January 2, LOL!
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    I'm in California. We get it with Time Warner.
    I am in NYC and I have it with Time Warner, at least for the moment. I think it has more to do with the level of service you pick more than anything. Some Time Warner levels have it and some don't.

vCash
    After doing some research, I think the UniSports poll is to give them statistics for negotiating with the other providers. This way, they can say "# of your subscribers want this, so you should buy our programming." They probably have to negotiate contracts and such.

DirecTV gave me a three-month free "Anniversary gift" of their sports package and our NBC affiliate is still broadcasting UniSports, so I was able to see a lot of skating this weekend. I think the honeymoon ends in December and I'm okay with losing the channel from both services. There are other options and I'm not that much of a skating fan that I have to watch every event and skater.

vCash
    ONE MORE TIME

For those of you who think you get Universal Sports as part of your basic cable package - Please read the following carefully!!!!!!!!!

Many people think that Universal Sports is part of the Comcast (or some other cable provider) package - IT ISN'T. Those who get Universal Sports on Comcast get it because their local NBC affiliate chooses to broadcast Universal Sports on one of their optional digital channels on Comcast. Here's the way it works (I think)

Your local network affiliates are given a group of channels to use on Comcast as part of their contract with Comcast. They have their main channel (2, 4, 5 , 7 etc.) plus one or two or three other channels to use at their discretion. My NBC affiliate has chosen to use those channels to broadcast weather, news, and Universal Sports. Those channels then become part of the Comcast package. Whether the network affiliates will lose the ability to broadcast that channel in January has not been made clear.

No, Comcast does not currently have a distribution deal with Universal Sports. If you get Universal Sports on Comcast, it's because your local NBC station carries it over-the-air. You will lose Universal Sports on January 1st.

Please don't assume you will still have Universal Sports after January. You probably won't.

vCash
    We hear you!!! Comcast could very well strike a deal with US in the next 9 weeks. If not, it's 'no biggie' to switch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Frau Muller View Post
    We hear you!!! Comcast could very well strike a deal with US in the next 9 weeks. If not, it's 'no biggie' to switch.
    I hadn't heard any news about Comcast. What did I miss?

vCash
    For you perhaps, but not for everyone. I live in a co-op and cannot chose my cable provider. I must go with whatever company the board of directors gives the contract to, even if another cable franchiser appeals to me more.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by emason View Post
    For you perhaps, but not for everyone. I live in a co-op and cannot chose my cable provider. I must go with whatever company the board of directors gives the contract to, even if another cable franchiser appeals to me more.
    That's stinks but I was in a similar situation yrs ago! There must be a crook on the Board. I used to live in a condo in DC where it was discovered that the Board's president got pay-offs from a rinki-dink local provider (Washington ***** Co.) to keep it the only option for the 200-unit condo. I now live 2 blocks away in a co-op & we have 5 options!

vCash
    That's stinks but I was in a similar situation yrs ago! There must be a crook on the Board. I used to live in a condo in DC where it was discovered that the Board's president got pay-offs from a rinki-dink local provider (Washington ***** Co.) to keep it the only option for the 200-unit condo. I now live 2 blocks away in a co-op & we have 5 options!
    Actually, I don't think there is a crook on the board. Because of the size of the complex (7 buildings) the board was able to negotiate a reduced rate with Time Warner. I pay less for my service than a friend across the street in a different co-op and I have a higher level tier of service than she does. In addition, the board will never approve anything that detracts from the appearance of the property, so no dishes anywhere and it's also illegal to have anything at all on the fire escapes. Perhaps when Verizon FIOS gets up and running in this neighborhood and the Time Warner contract is up, the board will investigate other options.

I happen to be one of the few people around who actually likes TW; I am particularly addicted to NY1 news which is available exclusively with TW. I will miss Universal Sports if TW doesn't strike a deal, but life will continue.

vCash
    Sheesh...up until recently I got US through Comcast. I did not know that it had been dropped until I tried to watch Skate America this past weekend. According to their website, Comcast no longer carries US in my area. It really stinks.

vCash

Keep Universal Sports Network

This can all be very confusing. I work for Universal Sports Network and thought it would be helpful if I tried to give you some answers. We want to make sure that everyone knows what is happening at the end of the year. As noted, there are changes on the horizon for the network. In the past, we’ve been an over-the-air multicast network. However, we are transitioning over to a cable, satellite and IPTV service, similar to other sports and entertainment networks. That change goes into effect at midnight on December 31, 2011.

Right now, DirecTV is the only service who will (and currently does) offer Universal Sports beginning in 2012. We are working diligently with other distributors and hope to have additional deals signed before the deadline.

You can help. You WILL make a difference. Please call 1-800-55-GET-US and follow the prompts to tell your TV provider you want Universal Sports on your channel lineup. The more people call, the better our chances are of making sure your viewing experience of Universal Sports is uninterrupted.

Here is a link to a complete FAQ that should answer more questions: http://www.universalsports.com/frequ...questions.html

You can also follow this link to fill out an online form:http://www.universalsports.com/iwant...ollection.html . Please pass the phone number and link along to your family and friends – every call and online submission help!

If you have additional questions that are not addressed in the FAQ, please email us at keepus@universalsports.com

Thank you for your time.

vCash
    Hallelujah. Thanks for some real information Keep US.

One of the best things about Universal Sports has always been that you occasionally check in personally with those of us who really do watch. I was hoping we would hear from Universal Sports and you haven't disappointed us.

- Can you give us any updates on negotiations with any of the carriers?

- Is it just Universal Sports that is being offered to the carriers or is Universal Sports part of a package?
    Last edited by A.H.Black; 10-27-2011 at 09:00 PM.

vCash
    Keep US, is there anything those of us who have BrightHouse Network can do to get US?
    We've never had it; and I've been begging for years!
    I'm in central Florida.

YEAH!
    vCash
    Thanks, Keep US.

Will you guys be announcing other carriers as they pick you up or will be able to look on your website during December so we'll know if we're getting US come January 1?

vCash
    As Keep US suggested, I checked out the FAQ page for more information. Here are the pertinent parts.

Where can I currently find Universal Sports Network?
    Universal Sports Network is a free over-the-air "multicast" service that is distributed as a digital sub-channel of local stations in markets around the country. These local station distribution arrangements expire at midnight on December 31, 2011, after which the network will be distributed directly to cable, satellite and telco TV providers on a subscription basis. To see if Universal Sports is currently offered in your area, click here.

Where can I find Universal Sports Network beginning on January 1, 2012?
    Universal Sports Network is currently available and will continue to be available on DirecTV. We are presently in advanced negotiations with many other television providers throughout the country and expect to confirm additional distribution come January 1. We will continue to provide the most current distribution information on our website, UniversalSports.com, and on our Facebook page.

Please make your voice heard by calling 1-800-55-GET-US to speak with your TV provider and demand continued access to Universal Sports Network. You can also follow this link to fill out an online form: I Want Universal Sports.

Why is Universal Sports Network making this transition?
    Universal Sports Network offers some of the most compelling Olympic and adventure sports programming from around the world. This is valuable, exclusive content that merits the payment of subscription fees. Changing our distribution model from over-the-air digital multicast will also free us from bandwidth constraints and allow us to offer the network in high definition (HD) for the first time. In the end, by making this transition, Universal Sports will be able to provide a better viewing experience to the many passionate fans of the sports we televise.

Will I still have access to sporting events online at UniversalSports.com?
    Viewers who have access to Universal Sports through their television provider will be able to view the events online, in addition to TV, upon entering their TV subscriber information (credentials). Those who do not have access to the network will still have the opportunity to watch Universal Sports events online through a subscription package.

How can I ensure that I will have access to Universal Sports Network in 2012?
    Please make your voice heard by calling 1-800-55-GET-US to speak with your TV provider, demand access to Universal Sports Network. You can also follow this link to fill out an online form: I Want Universal Sports. Pass the phone number and link along to your friends, family and fellow sports fans to make sure that also they make their voices heard and continue to have access to Universal Sports Network!

vCash

Keep Universal Sports Network

Thanks for your feedback everyone. The answers to your questions are:
    1) We can't comment on any current negotiations, but we will announce when any new deal has been completed.
    2) If your current provider does not carry Universal Sports, call 1-800-55-GET-US. If your current provider carries Universal Sports, call 1-800-55-
    GET-US. Either way, your voice counts. Get as many people you know to call, too. The more demand we demonstrate the better.

Thanks for your support!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Keep US View Post
    You can also follow this link to fill out an online form:http://www.universalsports.com/iwant...ollection.html.
    Has anyone else attempted to fill out the information requested utilizing the link provided?

http://www.universalsports.com/iwant...salsports.html

I tried about 10 days ago and again just now, and each time it hasn't gone through. I've tried on multiple browsers too.

It seems like US has disabled the link's functionality, although they haven't indicated such. Odd.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nicecardshark View Post
    Has anyone else attempted to fill out the information requested utilizing the link provided?

http://www.universalsports.com/iwant...salsports.html

I tried about 10 days ago and again just now, and each time it hasn't gone through. I've tried on multiple browsers too.

It seems like US has disabled the link's functionality, although they haven't indicated such. Odd.
    I tried the original link several days ago just fine. No problems. The link in your post seems a bit different than the original one.

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    I didn't have any troubles filling it out either.
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast