Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

vCash
    I didn't realize we didn't still have it on Cox in San Diego until I tried to find the channel to tape Four Continents. I sent an email to Cox, and this is what they said:

Thank you for your e-mail. I understand that you are not receiving
    Universal Sports Channel. I apologize for this inconvenience.

At the moment I would like to inform, as of January 1, 2012, Cox will no
    longer offer Universal Sports (US) as part of our Video channel lineup.

Universal Sports is currently distributed as a multi cast channel by
    some local NBC broadcasters; however, at the end of this year, Universal
    Sports will no longer be a multi cast channel and is seeking a cable
    carriage fee. Data research shows that Universal Sports programming has
    an extremely small amount of viewers among Cox households (both number
    of viewers and amount of time watched). Therefore, Cox does not plan
    to carry the channel when it goes independent in 2012.

The Universal Sports channel carries Olympic-type programming, such as
    track and field as well as swimming competitions. Universal Sports
    programming includes the Olympic trials, but it does not carry the
    actual Olympics. Our customers will still have access to comprehensive
    Olympic programming, including the Olympic Trials and the Olympic Games
    on multiple channels (in HD) and via Cox's Video On Demand.
    Additionally, customers will be able to access hundreds of hours of
    Olympics coverage online as well.

The local NBC affiliates that currently carry Universal Sports will
    determine the new programming for the current Universal Sports channel.

New programming will become available on that channel beginning January
    1st. This new programming will not be determined by Cox.

vCash
    Apparently Dish Network is adding Universal Sports.

https://dishnetworkmail.com/servlet/...hhQJhuVJpKVSTU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AJ Skatefan View Post
    Apparently Dish Network is adding Universal Sports.

https://dishnetworkmail.com/servlet/...hhQJhuVJpKVSTU
    Well, that's wonderful news. However, I called DISH immediately and they do not have anything listed about Universal Sports as of yet. I also checked the Universal Sports site. They have no announcement and when I checked the Channel Finder, it still says Universal Sports is unavailable on DISH.

It looks like the website is ahead of the announcement. I hope it comes very soon.

vCash
    Just googled the subject and found this -

Universal Sports Network Coming to DISH Network

February 14th, 2012

During this month, DISH will be adding the Universal Sports Network channel to their Multi-Sport programming package.

The Universal Sports Network is best-known for their coverage of the Olympic Games but also covers a wide variety of other sports programming including World Championships, World Cups and Grand Prix Events for cycling, curling, gymnastics, ice hockey, karate, marathons, skiing, speed skating, swimming, track & field, table tennis, triathlons, volleyball and Rugby.Universal Sports Network Logo

To provide the best in sports programming that this channel has become so well-known for, the channel has agreements with the following organizations: International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF), International Cycling Union (UCI), International Federation of Gymnastics (FIG), International Rowing Federation (FISA), International Rugby Board (IRB), International Swimming Federation (FINA), International Ski Federation (FIS), Major League Lacrosse (MLL).

Universal Sports Network provides unique programming throughout the year that usually only receives attention every few years. Broadcasting on television and the internet, fans can follow Olympic athletes as they compete in other events between the games.

During June of 2010 Universal Sports in cooperation with the IRB revealed that the Universal Sports Network would bring "unprecedented national television and digital media coverage of the 2011 and 2015 Rugby World Cup tournaments." This statement was issued jointly by Universal Sports CEO David Sternberg and the Secretary General of the IRB Mike Miller.
    No one seems to know what the date will be but it's suppose to be this month.

Some speculation that it will be channel 402. Others say it will be 152 (as CBS Sports is moving to 158)
    Last edited by A.H.Black; 02-22-2012 at 01:25 AM.

vCash
    Wow. i have officially given up on comcast and am orderimg DirectTV tomorrow.......for my office.
    DH - and that's just my opinion

vCash
    It's there !!!! Dish has Universal Sports on channel 402. I haven't made the phone call yet, but it is on the channel guide.

ETA

- The Universal Sports site still lists Dish as not having Universal Sports.

- DISH now lists Universal Sports as being available - http://www.mydish.com/perks/new-channels/

I wish they were a bit more on top of things.

I just added Universal Sports to my Dish package. In order to get it I have to have the Top 120 Plus package then add the multi sports package. The sports package runs $7.00 per month. The top 120 package depends on if you are a new subscriber or an established customer.

I turned on Universal and they are broadcasting rugby - with Terry Gannon as the announcer. Good to be back.
    Last edited by A.H.Black; 02-23-2012 at 01:46 AM.

Going on diet soon
    vCash
    I was just scrolling thru my channels and found USN on dishnetwork, channel 402. Only problem is it's not in HD. Just in time for the ladies final group at 4 CC! This is great! Skeleton is next, and then 4CC dance final.
    Crows and Eville SQUIRRELS love peanuts!

Clueless American
    vCash
    Just found it on my Dish today! So excited and happy to get it again!

Rooting for the Underdogs
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by love skating View Post
    Just found it on my Dish today! So excited and happy to get it again!
    I just found it on my Dish about 30 minutes ago! I'm beyond excited and will be getting nothing done tonight but watching skating.

vCash
    Yes! I have it too - channel 9795 in Minneapolis on Dish Network. They're showing a 2-hr recap of Euros right now, which is great for me since I didn't see any of it at the time, just looked at the results. This is great - I hope it stays around.

Rooting for the Underdogs
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JillyBean View Post
    Yes! I have it too - channel 9795 in Minneapolis on Dish Network. They're showing a 2-hr recap of Euros right now, which is great for me since I didn't see any of it at the time, just looked at the results. This is great - I hope it stays around.
    After this part that's on right now goes off, there will be an hour of skeleton, and then another 2-hour block of skating. It also looks like there will be even more on tomorrow evening.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JillyBean View Post
    So I'm guessing 9795 is the DISH HD channel. If so, it's the first time we've seen Universal in HD.

vCash

But glad they've expanded to Dish, it's a step forward at least and the more people who can watch the better.

Really hoping for Comcast eventually...it'd be unbelievable to not have it in preparation for the London Olympics.

vCash
    Well, I'm happy for you Dish people, but your gain is my loss, I used to watch Universal on Comcast and now cannot. I'm not going to Dish after I got expanded Comcast for the specific purpose of watching skating on Universal.

It's becoming harder and harder for me to be a figure skating fan. I guess with fans flocking to the sport they won't need little old me around.

vCash
    The Universal Website has finally been updated to reflect the addition of DISH Network.

Did a quick google search for Comcast. No luck yet.
    Last edited by A.H.Black; 02-27-2012 at 08:17 PM.

vCash
    They're negotiating to show some of Jr Worlds, I hear.

vCash
    Really? Do you know when we will find out?

with my Sestra Helena plotting how to ravish Hot Paul and delicious Cal
    vCash
    I just found out today that I get Universal Sports on Dish Network (Channel 9795) and according to their TV Listings on their website, there will be some tv skating coverage of 4CC and Europeans next week, Monday - Thursday. I really hope there will be plenty of World Championships coverage too!

The wiener takes it all
    vCash
    Yes, Universal Sports TV will cover the World Championships. Schedule is linked below.

http://www.universalsports.com/figur...ide/index.html

vCash
    Called and compared Dish to Direct TV today and elected to leave Comcast for Dish stat. The Dish is being installed first thing Monday morning just in time for the week before Worlds! I have had Comcast for probably 12 years. Am I a figure skating fan or what?

Also Dish has this really cool technology called The Hopper that just came out this week that allows you to record up to 2000 hours on the Hopper unit and watch it anywhere in the house. It was just introduced this week. Hope it is as good as it sounds!

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast