Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    Banned Member
    vCash
    My friend moved from Montreal to Chicago and he got fiber optic and he has universal sports seriously you guys getting screwed by comcast. I`m in montreal got fiber optic so much better than cable or that ridiculous dish. Was able to get bold at discounted price will see all of 4cc and worlds live

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    RCN is charging me $9 a month for "sports premiere" which includes Universal HD. It gets cancelled the day after Worlds.

But I can't believe I don't get Euros on either IN or US/TV. What the hell?
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparks View Post
    My Comcast provider never had US in this area. They kept raising my price without providing more channels. In fact, they took some away. I'm just done with them in general and got a great package with DIRECT TV.
    I'm still going to give Comcast a piece of my mind when I cancel.
    Sparks, Have you started with Direct TV yet? I'm interested in how you like it, clarity, any problems, etc. I just got my Comcast bill today and it went up another $5.00.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sliver98 View Post
    My friend moved from Montreal to Chicago and he got fiber optic and he has universal sports seriously you guys getting screwed by comcast. I`m in montreal got fiber optic so much better than cable or that ridiculous dish. Was able to get bold at discounted price will see all of 4cc and worlds live
    He won't get US any longer unless he has Direct TV or one of the cable providers. Comcast has not negotiated a paid deal with US to carry the station at yet. Free channels are rapidly becoming a thing of the past.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanette View Post
    Sparks, Have you started with Direct TV yet? I'm interested in how you like it, clarity, any problems, etc. I just got my Comcast bill today and it went up another $5.00.
    My DIRECT TV was installed Sunday. I LOVE it. It is clearer. I had to get the Premium Pkg to get Universal Sports, BUTT it is still cheaper than my old Comcast, which offered me almost nothing.
    I like you, DIRECT TV.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    Free channels are rapidly becoming a thing of the past.
    lol, what's free about my cable package?
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    lol, what's free about my cable package?
    Well, me either. I haven't had free TV in years.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    My DIRECT TV was installed Sunday. I LOVE it. It is clearer. I had to get the Premium Pkg to get Universal Sports, BUTT it is still cheaper than my old Comcast, which offered me almost nothing.
    I like you, DIRECT TV.
    Thanks, I'll have to mull.

vCash
    I like you, DIRECT TV.
    I had DirectTV installed about a month ago and I haven't had any problems. I used to have Comcast but DirectTV has been better; plus I'm paying less, including the package to get Universal Sports.

on the rink doing synchronized spirals with Michelle Kwan, Sasha Cohen, Shawn Sawyer, Alissa Czisny, Rohene Ward, Yukina Ota, Caroline Zhang & Mirai Nagasu
    vCash
    Universal Sports needs to get into talks with Brighthouse in Orlando. Id love to buy a premium sport package to get Universal Sports.

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maggylyn View Post
    I had DirectTV installed about a month ago and I haven't had any problems. I used to have Comcast but DirectTV has been better; plus I'm paying less, including the package to get Universal Sports.
    uhm, I don't mean to pry (well, yea I do) but what kinda cost are we talking with DirectTV for folks that have it? I currently pay $120 a month for cable/internet service. My cable is just straight cable channels only (cable like HGTV, Lifetime, Bravo .. the standard cable channels most people have considered 'basic' and 'standard' on my service), and no pay channels at all (no HBO, Showtime, etc.). That $120 combines in high speed internet also. Is DirectTV a better deal, about the same, or will I have to pay more? You can get your high speed internet with DirectTV also, right?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post
    uhm, I don't mean to pry (well, yea I do) but what kinda cost are we talking with DirectTV for folks that have it? I currently pay $120 a month for cable/internet service. My cable is just straight cable channels only (cable like HGTV, Lifetime, Bravo .. the standard cable channels most people have considered 'basic' and 'standard' on my service), and no pay channels at all (no HBO, Showtime, etc.). That $120 combines in high speed internet also. Is DirectTV a better deal, about the same, or will I have to pay more? You can get your high speed internet with DirectTV also, right?
    For me, it was less. You need to call DIRECT TV and ask them. I also had to specifically ask about Universal Sports...which ended up in the premium package. The premium package I just got is currently lower than my Comcast basic cable pkg. The cost will go up a bit over time, but I'm still glad I made the change. I got more bang for my buck. Right now DIRECT TV is running a special.

vCash

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by maggylyn View Post
    We would love to dump Comcast but we live in the Pacific Northwest where overcast weather is the norm so we are hesitant to try a dish.

vCash
    Apparently, overcast weather doesn't affect the dish. Technology has come a long way.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Peaches LaTour View Post
    We would love to dump Comcast but we live in the Pacific Northwest where overcast weather is the norm so we are hesitant to try a dish.
    Heavy thunderstorms and very heavy snow are the only things that has interupted my Directv.
    Last edited by skipaway; 01-19-2012 at 09:15 PM.

vCash
    The tech who installed my DIRECT TV said that if I was worried about snow, its a good idea to spray the dish with non-stick cooking spray before the storm.
    Others I spoke to before making this decision said that the infrequent interruptions are not bad. Service doesn't go out for long times...unlike cable.

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    I've had DirecTV for around 6 years now. The plan I have now at home is the Ultimate Choice package which includes all the Encore channels without Starz. It's around 250 channels or more at a reasonable price. I also have the HD extra package which includes channels like MGM, The Smithsonian channel, HD Net, Universal HD, etc. Both packages together run me around 75 dollars. DirecTV is good about giving discounts for a year, which is what they did for me.

They will also suspend your payments if you're not at home for an indefinite period of time. I'm at a rehab center getting physical therapy. DirectTV told me to simply call them when I do get to go home.

As far as clarity goes, it's great or I wouldn't have stuck with DirecTV all these years. There is trouble, sometimes, if there's a real bad thunderstorm. Other than that, no problems.

I'll probably drop the HD extra package and switch to the Sports Pack when I do go home. They'll probably give me three free months of the HD Extra package when I let them know I want to drop it. They're really good about doing that.
    Last edited by Simone411; 01-19-2012 at 11:31 PM.
    Angie
    “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” ~ Thomas A. Edison

vCash
    I switched from Comcast to DirecTV in August and have been very satisfied with the price, quality, and service. I get the Choice Xtra package with the Sports Pack for about $40 a month, which is less than half of what I was paying Comcast for fewer channels. Even when my two-year introductory rate is up, I'll still only pay about $75/month for my current package. I've found the HD picture quality to be far superior to Comcast, and I've had maybe three 10-minute outages during severe storms. The service people are much more helpful and polite than Comcast as well--the one time I had a problem, I actually got to speak to a supervisor, which I could never do with Comcast. I'd highly recommend switching if you can.

And to top it all off, Comcast was so eager to keep my business that they gave me an excellent deal on one of their top cable internet packages. I now pay less for TV + internet than I did for just cable with Comcast.

vCash
    Is Universal Sports going to broadcast Worlds?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nanigirl View Post
    Is Universal Sports going to broadcast Worlds?
    Nanigirl,

Yes, Universal Sports will provide coverage for the World Championships with live event broadcasting March 28-31.

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast