Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 346
  1. #241

    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    La Belle Province
    Age
    36
    Posts
    13,384
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    3763
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanette View Post
    I love how I had to wait five minutes for the fecking beachball in Safari to stop spinning to read that link, just because it had an embedded Silverlight video. Real endearing, Universal Sports! Sort it out already, there's lots of Mac users out there and Netflix (which also uses Silverlight) doesn't give this problem. /endrant

    Of course, I'm more annoyed at also losing the station. Though as long as it's not HD I might as well watch the online feeds since it's sure not going to be worse quality.

    Oh, and I tried calling the number several times the last few months. I couldn't get it to work since my cell phone area code was from NYC and I'd get options for Time Warner instead of Comcast.

  2. #242
    Tranquillo
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    behind the gruppetto
    Posts
    24,970
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    39780
    As much as I like Universal and want to get it, I can understand that they may need to increase their revenue in order to continue to purchase rights for the sports they show. I also think they're being realistic to understand they're more of a niche channel and that many cable networks won't carry them unless the cable network can charge separately for the channel.

    I hope they work it out, but if they can't, I'll still subscribe online for their cycling coverage.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

  3. #243
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    2,010
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Kitty View Post
    As much as I like Universal and want to get it, I can understand that they may need to increase their revenue in order to continue to purchase rights for the sports they show. I also think they're being realistic to understand they're more of a niche channel and that many cable networks won't carry them unless the cable network can charge separately for the channel.

    I hope they work it out, but if they can't, I'll still subscribe online for their cycling coverage.
    I agree with you on the whole. I just find it difficult to be without access over the air during the height of the figure skating season. I suspect this will all be worked out in time for London this summer. I wish they had negotiated and signed contracts with providers before they pulled the plug on the current(past) configuration.

  4. #244

    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    4,354
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    3933
    Verizon just sent me this notice

    "At Verizon, we strive hard to provide you with the best experience by keeping you informed of programming and content-related changes that occur on our network.
    On or after January 1, 2012, Universal Sports will no longer carry content through your local broadcaster on Channel KXAS - 465.
    This change was not initiated by Verizon. Instead, Universal Sports has decided not to renew their agreement with local providers to carry this content.
    We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

    Thank you for being a loyal FiOS® customer.


    Sincerely,
    Verizon"

  5. #245
    The wiener takes it all
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Minor Planet Johnnyweir 12413
    Posts
    11,592
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1728
    Universalsports.com has posted that they are selling live and on-demand online streaming coverage of 2012 Four Continents for $9.95.
    http://www.universalsports.com/figur...ide/index.html

    Coverage of Europeans, Junior Worlds, and Worlds is listed as "coming soon"
    http://www.universalsports.com/figur...ide/index.html

  6. #246
    Satisfied skating fan
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Looking for a pairs team to split up
    Posts
    40,232
    vCash
    600
    Rep Power
    44283
    Is this in addition to their subscription fee of $15?
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

  7. #247
    The wiener takes it all
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Minor Planet Johnnyweir 12413
    Posts
    11,592
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1728
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    Is this in addition to their subscription fee of $15?
    Yes, if the $15 you are referring to is the price for the 2011 Grand Prix Series.

    https://secure.universalsports.com/t...&newsid=559578
    2011 ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Series Package
    UniversalSports.com offers LIVE and on-demand coverage of six stops in the 2011 ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating. The 2011 ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Series Package includes LIVE and on-demand access to every men's, women's, pairs and ice dance short and free skate from the following competitions: Skate Canada International, Cup of China, Trophee Eric Bompard, Cup of Russia, NHK Trophy and Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final. Price: $14.95 (available in U.S. & territories only)
    However, I don't know if there is some other deal for those with DirecTV. There is this on the Universal Sports website:
    How do I watch?
    A subscription to a participating TV service provider that includes Universal Sports Network, or a paid subscription to your desired event from UniversalSports.com. If you get Universal Sports at home through a participating provider, you can watch live Universal Sports events online.

    How much does it cost?
    There is no additional cost when logging in with your account credentials from a participating TV service provider (example: DirecTV). Package prices for live events on UniversalSports.com outside of the participating service providers are located under LIVE EVENTS in the site navigation.
    https://secure.universalsports.com/l...tv.html#dialog
    Last edited by HisWeirness; 01-12-2012 at 02:02 AM.

  8. #248
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0

    Universal Sports in L.A area?

    I went on zap2it and saw Universal Sports is still listed as channel 4.4,which is free from antenna. However, when l typed in other cities,the channel disappeared. Can you still get U.S for free in the L.A/ORange county area? Here is the link.

    http://tvlistings.zap2it.com/tvlisti...=1326515274208

  9. #249
    Satisfied skating fan
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Looking for a pairs team to split up
    Posts
    40,232
    vCash
    600
    Rep Power
    44283
    Quote Originally Posted by shulingfong View Post
    I went on zap2it and saw Universal Sports is still listed as channel 4.4,which is free from antenna. However, when l typed in other cities,the channel disappeared. Can you still get U.S for free in the L.A/ORange county area? Here is the link.

    http://tvlistings.zap2it.com/tvlisti...=1326515274208
    No. It is only available on DirectTV or a few other cable providers.

    Hmmm....Hisweirness. I have DirectTV. I already pay extra for the sports package with US. Maybe I'll get this as a part of that.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

  10. #250
    The wiener takes it all
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Minor Planet Johnnyweir 12413
    Posts
    11,592
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1728
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    Hmmm....Hisweirness. I have DirectTV. I already pay extra for the sports package with US. Maybe I'll get this as a part of that.
    It's definitely worth checking out. If you get a chance to log into the universalsports.com website with your DirecTV credentials, it would be interesting to find out what premium content you are able to watch online for free from Universal Sports.

  11. #251
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    292
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by HisWeirness View Post
    It's definitely worth checking out. If you get a chance to log into the universalsports.com website with your DirecTV credentials, it would be interesting to find out what premium content you are able to watch online for free from Universal Sports.
    If you have DirecTV, you're able to watch all premium content for free.

  12. #252
    Satisfied skating fan
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Looking for a pairs team to split up
    Posts
    40,232
    vCash
    600
    Rep Power
    44283
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedySucks View Post
    If you have DirecTV, you're able to watch all premium content for free.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

  13. #253

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Walking to Work
    Posts
    25,847
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    32560
    Wow. Comcast did remove it from my cable. I'll have to call them and find out what's up.

  14. #254
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    118
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by HisWeirness View Post
    Universalsports.com has posted that they are selling live and on-demand online streaming coverage of 2012 Four Continents for $9.95.
    http://www.universalsports.com/figur...ide/index.html

    Coverage of Europeans, Junior Worlds, and Worlds is listed as "coming soon"
    http://www.universalsports.com/figur...ide/index.html

    Thank you so much for the link!!!

  15. #255

    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    13,542
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    42165
    I'd been looking for that information, also.
    Thanks so much!

  16. #256
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    118
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0

    Apply Coupon

    Does anyone know what Apply Coupon is or where you get the coupon?
    Last edited by Sandy; 01-12-2012 at 09:49 PM. Reason: sp

  17. #257
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    California Dreaming....
    Posts
    1,209
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0

    Angry

    Quote Originally Posted by LEO59 View Post
    As of January 2012 Universal Sports will be ending their over the air broadcasting on local tv stations in favor of cable and Direct TV taking Figure Skating with them!!

    http://www.broadcastingcable.com/art..._Air_Model.php

    http://www.mediapost.com/publication...art_aid=158377


    This is sad for me because I do not have cable no more...

    Comcast is our cable carrier (we don't like them) and they dropped Universal Sports Network much to our dismay and disgust.

  18. #258
    The wiener takes it all
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Minor Planet Johnnyweir 12413
    Posts
    11,592
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1728
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
    Does anyone know what Apply Coupon is or where you get the coupon?
    It is just a text field where you can enter a discount/promotional code.

    I have used a promotional code/coupon at universalsports.com when purchasing gymnastics subscriptions, but I have not heard of any discount/promotional code floating around for the figure skating subscriptions.

  19. #259
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    118
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by HisWeirness View Post
    It is just a text field where you can enter a discount/promotional code.

    I have used a promotional code/coupon at universalsports.com when purchasing gymnastics subscriptions, but I have not heard of any discount/promotional code floating around for the figure skating subscriptions.
    I signed up today for Four Continents Figure Skating and after you give your info, name, credit card, name, etc and click enter. It comes with the total cost and there is a little box that says apply code. Where of how do I get a code?
    Last edited by Sandy; 01-12-2012 at 11:53 PM.

  20. #260

    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    13,542
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    42165
    I haven't found any codes for their 2012 figure skating coverage yet.
    I'm still looking.

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •