Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanette View Post
    I love how I had to wait five minutes for the fecking beachball in Safari to stop spinning to read that link, just because it had an embedded Silverlight video. Real endearing, Universal Sports! Sort it out already, there's lots of Mac users out there and Netflix (which also uses Silverlight) doesn't give this problem. /endrant

Of course, I'm more annoyed at also losing the station. Though as long as it's not HD I might as well watch the online feeds since it's sure not going to be worse quality.

Oh, and I tried calling the number several times the last few months. I couldn't get it to work since my cell phone area code was from NYC and I'd get options for Time Warner instead of Comcast.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    As much as I like Universal and want to get it, I can understand that they may need to increase their revenue in order to continue to purchase rights for the sports they show. I also think they're being realistic to understand they're more of a niche channel and that many cable networks won't carry them unless the cable network can charge separately for the channel.

I hope they work it out, but if they can't, I'll still subscribe online for their cycling coverage.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Kitty View Post
    As much as I like Universal and want to get it, I can understand that they may need to increase their revenue in order to continue to purchase rights for the sports they show. I also think they're being realistic to understand they're more of a niche channel and that many cable networks won't carry them unless the cable network can charge separately for the channel.

I hope they work it out, but if they can't, I'll still subscribe online for their cycling coverage.
    I agree with you on the whole. I just find it difficult to be without access over the air during the height of the figure skating season. I suspect this will all be worked out in time for London this summer. I wish they had negotiated and signed contracts with providers before they pulled the plug on the current(past) configuration.

vCash
    Verizon just sent me this notice

"At Verizon, we strive hard to provide you with the best experience by keeping you informed of programming and content-related changes that occur on our network.
    On or after January 1, 2012, Universal Sports will no longer carry content through your local broadcaster on Channel KXAS - 465.
    This change was not initiated by Verizon. Instead, Universal Sports has decided not to renew their agreement with local providers to carry this content.
    We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Thank you for being a loyal FiOS® customer.

Sincerely,
    Verizon"

The wiener takes it all
    vCash
    Universalsports.com has posted that they are selling live and on-demand online streaming coverage of 2012 Four Continents for $9.95.
    http://www.universalsports.com/figur...ide/index.html

Coverage of Europeans, Junior Worlds, and Worlds is listed as "coming soon"

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Is this in addition to their subscription fee of $15?
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

The wiener takes it all
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    Is this in addition to their subscription fee of $15?
    Yes, if the $15 you are referring to is the price for the 2011 Grand Prix Series.

https://secure.universalsports.com/t...&newsid=559578
    2011 ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Series Package
    UniversalSports.com offers LIVE and on-demand coverage of six stops in the 2011 ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating. The 2011 ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Series Package includes LIVE and on-demand access to every men's, women's, pairs and ice dance short and free skate from the following competitions: Skate Canada International, Cup of China, Trophee Eric Bompard, Cup of Russia, NHK Trophy and Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final. Price: $14.95 (available in U.S. & territories only)
    However, I don't know if there is some other deal for those with DirecTV. There is this on the Universal Sports website:
    How do I watch?
    A subscription to a participating TV service provider that includes Universal Sports Network, or a paid subscription to your desired event from UniversalSports.com. If you get Universal Sports at home through a participating provider, you can watch live Universal Sports events online.

How much does it cost?
    There is no additional cost when logging in with your account credentials from a participating TV service provider (example: DirecTV). Package prices for live events on UniversalSports.com outside of the participating service providers are located under LIVE EVENTS in the site navigation.
    https://secure.universalsports.com/l...tv.html#dialog
    Last edited by HisWeirness; 01-12-2012 at 02:02 AM.

vCash

Universal Sports in L.A area?

I went on zap2it and saw Universal Sports is still listed as channel 4.4,which is free from antenna. However, when l typed in other cities,the channel disappeared. Can you still get U.S for free in the L.A/ORange county area? Here is the link.

http://tvlistings.zap2it.com/tvlisti...=1326515274208

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shulingfong View Post
    I went on zap2it and saw Universal Sports is still listed as channel 4.4,which is free from antenna. However, when l typed in other cities,the channel disappeared. Can you still get U.S for free in the L.A/ORange county area? Here is the link.

http://tvlistings.zap2it.com/tvlisti...=1326515274208
    No. It is only available on DirectTV or a few other cable providers.

Hmmm....Hisweirness. I have DirectTV. I already pay extra for the sports package with US. Maybe I'll get this as a part of that.

The wiener takes it all
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    Hmmm....Hisweirness. I have DirectTV. I already pay extra for the sports package with US. Maybe I'll get this as a part of that.
    It's definitely worth checking out. If you get a chance to log into the universalsports.com website with your DirecTV credentials, it would be interesting to find out what premium content you are able to watch online for free from Universal Sports.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HisWeirness View Post
    It's definitely worth checking out. If you get a chance to log into the universalsports.com website with your DirecTV credentials, it would be interesting to find out what premium content you are able to watch online for free from Universal Sports.
    If you have DirecTV, you're able to watch all premium content for free.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedySucks View Post
    If you have DirecTV, you're able to watch all premium content for free.

vCash
    Wow. Comcast did remove it from my cable. I'll have to call them and find out what's up.

vCash
    Universalsports.com has posted that they are selling live and on-demand online streaming coverage of 2012 Four Continents for $9.95.

Coverage of Europeans, Junior Worlds, and Worlds is listed as "coming soon"

Thank you so much for the link!!!

vCash
    I'd been looking for that information, also.
    Thanks so much!

vCash

Apply Coupon

Does anyone know what Apply Coupon is or where you get the coupon?
    Last edited by Sandy; 01-12-2012 at 09:49 PM. Reason: sp

vCash

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by LEO59 View Post
    As of January 2012 Universal Sports will be ending their over the air broadcasting on local tv stations in favor of cable and Direct TV taking Figure Skating with them!!

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/art..._Air_Model.php

http://www.mediapost.com/publication...art_aid=158377

This is sad for me because I do not have cable no more...

Comcast is our cable carrier (we don't like them) and they dropped Universal Sports Network much to our dismay and disgust.

The wiener takes it all
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
    Does anyone know what Apply Coupon is or where you get the coupon?
    It is just a text field where you can enter a discount/promotional code.

I have used a promotional code/coupon at universalsports.com when purchasing gymnastics subscriptions, but I have not heard of any discount/promotional code floating around for the figure skating subscriptions.

vCash
    It is just a text field where you can enter a discount/promotional code.

I have used a promotional code/coupon at universalsports.com when purchasing gymnastics subscriptions, but I have not heard of any discount/promotional code floating around for the figure skating subscriptions.
    I signed up today for Four Continents Figure Skating and after you give your info, name, credit card, name, etc and click enter. It comes with the total cost and there is a little box that says apply code. Where of how do I get a code?
    Last edited by Sandy; 01-12-2012 at 11:53 PM.

vCash
    I haven't found any codes for their 2012 figure skating coverage yet.
    I'm still looking.

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast