Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Carmen Ovsiannikov View Post
    Well, it may not be Xfinity (I did say I could be wrong about the carrier) but last fall there was a commercial running for awhile that allowed people to "tailor" their cable packages by interest. I didn't imagine it.
    I believe you, but I'd be curious to know who it was if you can post or PM me. I work in the industry and I'm not at all aware of any carriers (MSO or satellite) with this type of offering. Really curious from a professional standpoint...

vCash
    Can anyone who has Direct TV verify that Universal is actually broadcasting? I just got through talking to Time Warner here in So Cal and they claim that Universal is no longer broadcasting anywhere - that it no longer exists.

vCash
    Yes, Universal Sports is broadcasting on channel 625 on Directv....as I speak.
    You know, it's odd, Directv was the only one for a while that wasn't carrying US, but now, they're the only ones who do.

vCash
    ^^^
    I've been trying to find a way to ask about/ascertain their schedule.
    Has anyone found links?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    ^^^
    I've been trying to find a way to ask about/ascertain their schedule.
    Has anyone found links?
    http://www.universalsports.com/tv-listings/index.html

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skipaway View Post
    Yes, Universal Sports is broadcasting on channel 625 on Directv....as I speak.
    You know, it's odd, Directv was the only one for a while that wasn't carrying US, but now, they're the only ones who do.
    Thanks for letting me know. I'm going to look into making a switch.

I think this is one of the dumbest decisions NBC has made. Not just the for skating - but all the other sports - swimming, diving, gymnastics, track, equestrian, rowing and so on - that have only been on Universal recently. This just months before the London games. Don't know what will happen with the Olympic events they used to show on Universal. What a way to decrease interest in the Olympics.

vCash
    Thanks, that's the schedule for US; not the schedule for the new "NBC Sports Channel" - formerly VERSUS - which has been showing a program about "Bird-watching"!
    Next on: Poker!

vCash
    Thanks, that's the schedule for US; not the schedule for the new "NBC Sports Channel" - formerly VERSUS - which has been showing a program about "Bird-watching"!
    Next on: Poker!
    I think that is going to be the NBC sports channel. Looks like they are just taking over Versus - keeping much of Versus content and adding some junk - more ball/stick sports and talk shows.

Years ago Versus was called The Outdoor Channel - very heavy on hunting and fishing type content. When it changed to Versus they kept many of those shows. We used to watch the channel often when it was The Outdoor Channel as they had serveral shows about skiing which we were more involved in back then. They all disappeared when it became Versus.

vCash
    I'm familiar with the various incarnations.
    I was hoping that with the new identity they would make some of the programming from Universal Sports more widely available.

vCash
    I'm familiar with the various incarnations.
    I was hoping that with the new identity they would make some of the programming from Universal Sports more widely available.
    I'm not counting on it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    I understand why they can't stream it for free anymore. I wouldn't be surprised to see the slow death of free TV.
    Yes, but Universal Sports is now gone even from paid cable subscription packages that used to carry it as part of the higher-level packages (like Comcast), not only from free TV.

vCash
    Why can't Universal have the pay for the premier videos like before. I did that for the Grand Prix.

Official FSU Alte Kacher
    vCash
    I think you might be confusing Universal Sports TV with Universalsports.com.
    "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity”– MLK

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reuven View Post
    My thought as well. I guess if we want to watch 4CC and Worlds, we'll have to pay to subscribe to www.UniversalSports.com and watch it online (or on TV via cable from home computer). Kinda sucks, since I've already paid for an IceNetwork subscription and never thought I'd have to pay for both.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reuven View Post
    Yes, you are right, I watched it on Universalsports.com. Will it still be available on their website??

The wiener takes it all
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
    Yes, you are right, I watched it on Universalsports.com. Will it still be available on their website??
    Yes, it appears so. See my previous post.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    I think a lot of people are confusing the TV station and the online US. They aren't the same although they are owned by the same company. You pay $15 for a subscription for the online station.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    What would happen if everyone who lost their Universal Sports on Comcast, etc., changed to DIRECT TV?

vCash
    Not everyone could do that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparks View Post
    What would happen if everyone who lost their Universal Sports on Comcast, etc., changed to DIRECT TV?
    Then Universal Sports would jump to another provider that most people don't get.

Last night I had a nightmare about trying to find Worlds coverage - I had TVs and computers and couldn't get them to bring up skating to save my life...I kept mispunching and mistyping channels and web addresses.

I still say that Speedy is the one to blame for all this!

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast