Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I note that Universal has stopped posting their online TV schedule. I thought ti was just because they were behind on things but then I went to the Figure Skating page. There is still a Video schedule, but there is no longer a link for TV viewing - or a schedule. At least I can't find one.

The wiener takes it all
    vCash
    The TV listings page (http://www.universalsports.com/tv-listings/index.html) appears that it is not being updated, but TV schedule information for figure skating is still here:

Universal Sports TV schedule for Grand Prix Final
    Universal Sports Figure Skating Viewers Guide

I guess you can also check online programming guides like tvguide.com to see what they are planning to show.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Frau Muller View Post
    I'll save my screams for January 1, 2012...if Comcast of Washington, DC, dares not include US in their package. Fee-fie-fow-fumm...
    I'm also in DC and have Comcast. You've not gotten any notices that it's being dropped yet, have you?

Hope not.

vCash
    There have been announcements on NBC during the Sunday broadcast of the ladies of a new "NBC Sports Channel". The ad was with gymnasts, who have been on US. I wonder whether this is going to replace or augment Universal Sports, or whether both are just going to coexist?

vCash
    The "VERSUS" Channel is becoming the NBC Sports Channel.
    If you already have that channel in your array, you may not have to do anything.
    I'm also hoping that it will cover skating...fingers crossed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post
    There have been announcements on NBC during the Sunday broadcast of the ladies of a new "NBC Sports Channel". The ad was with gymnasts, who have been on US. I wonder whether this is going to replace or augment Universal Sports, or whether both are just going to coexist?
    I have a vague memory of someone mentioning an additional NBC sports channel - maybe it was earlier in this thread.

Found it -

Both Universal Sports and NBC Universal's more fully distributed sports network Versus (which becomes NBC Sports Network come January 1), will air some Olympics programming next summer, as well as other NBC Universal networks and platforms.
    It's from an article LynnW posted about earlier http://www.mediapost.com/publications/article/158377/
    Last edited by A.H.Black; 12-11-2011 at 11:15 PM.

vCash
    I mentioned it in the "Commentary" thread.
    BTW, I believe it was first announced during the broadcast of "RISE", on Versus.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by toepick View Post
    I'm also in DC and have Comcast. You've not gotten any notices that it's being dropped yet, have you?

Hope not.
    I think you can keep Hope..Universal Sports has been running a wordcraw at the bottom of the screen giving names of cable providers who may be droping the channel on Jan 1 2012 and Comcast WAS one of them (((BUT))) has since has been taking off the craw..

Cablevision,Cox,Charter, and Fios are still there however..

vCash
    Yes, I noticed that, and have great hopes that Universal will still exist on Comcast, and that I will still be able to get it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by toepick View Post

Hope not.
    As I mentioned a few posts above, I was told by the marketing manager of the DC office of COMCAST "You'll should have nothing to worry" about on this. In other words, it looks like it stays in DC, as a cable option (not free, off-the-air).

re. VERSUS/NBCSports Channel - Someone above said they hope that this channel will cover skating. They will - HOCKEY!
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

vCash
    I hope your Comcast person knows what they're talking about.

Cruder than you thought
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by A.H.Black View Post
    I hope your Comcast person knows what they're talking about.
    So do I (Comcast in Philly suburb area). I actually watch most of my skating on the internet these days, but I do catch some of the rebroadcasts on US and watch lots of other sports on there.

I've gotten really into watching the Alpine Ski season on US the last couple of years. Now if only they'd get snow in Europe and stop having to cancel events...
    Disclaimer: The post contained herein represents the opinions of a fan and may or may not bear any relation to reality.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    US also does a great job with cycling and gymnastics! I have comcast and hope that it's going to continue.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    Another Comcast subscriber crossing fingers. Plus I'm dying for hi def, so if that happens it'd make me *very* happy. And I've been liking alpine skiing too.

vCash
    Hi-def, lo-def...I just want any def!
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    I called Comcast last week and the rep told me that we would be losing US the first of the yr. However, she did say that Comcast was still in negotiations re: US. I'm in Southern NJ.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanette View Post
    I called Comcast last week and the rep told me that we would be losing US the first of the yr. However, she did say that Comcast was still in negotiations re: US. I'm in Southern NJ.
    Your information sounds accurate. I'm thinking that Comcast, at least, will contract to add Universal as a subscription channel in their line-up (as opposed to being offered as a sub-station by the local NBC affiliate). My worry is that this contract will happen in the spring sometime (with London in mind) and we will lose the most important part of the figure skating season.

vCash

Verizon FIOS

Does anyone have any new info on Verizon FIOS still to carry Universal Sports? It seems no one wants to leak any info to us FIOS customers for fear we will cancel FIOS.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
    Does anyone have any new info on Verizon FIOS still to carry Universal Sports? It seems no one wants to leak any info to us FIOS customers for fear we will cancel FIOS.
    I've been watching Sking today and Universal Sports has been running a message at the bottom of the screen saying if you have Verizon FIOS you may be losing it on Jan 1 2012..

So it looks like Verizon has not yet signed an agreement to carry it....Cox' Cablevision and Charter as well...

vCash
    We live in Phila., PA, and our service is from Comcast. So will we be losing
    US coverage as of mid January or not?
    Last edited by paskatefan; 12-18-2011 at 02:10 PM.

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast