Dashing Between Bennetton and Krispy Kreme
    vCash

Hair buns on guys - are they the new mullet

Sorry, but along with Alice bands and corn rows, this is one look on men I just can't get into. The funny thing is, it's often seen on the toughest M***** F****** out there. So, I guess no one's going to criticize this fashion faux pas to their faces, right!

Lynn Marshall's blog goes into a bit more detail.

http://community.eharlequin.com/cont...lynne-marshall

Quadless
    vCash
    With few exceptions, I can't stand men in ponytails or with loose long hair that's past the shoulder either.
    "I miss footwork that has any kind of a discernible pattern. The goal of a step sequence should not be for a skater to show the same ice coverage as a Zamboni and take about as much time as an ice resurface. " ~ Zemgirl, reflecting on a pre-IJS straight line sequence

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Men with long hair don't do it for me, with just a very few exceptions. I can't tell you how many times I have seen a guy with long hair after cutting it all off and I think "omg, he IS hot!" I never can see it with the longer hair, it gets in the way for me. I do like guys with longish hair, that you can run your hands through, but nothing that even touches their shoulders. It doesn't have to be super short.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    One "exception" for me instantly leaps to mind ...

http://www.david-garrett.com/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by essence_of_soy View Post
    Sorry, but along with Alice bands and corn rows, this is one look on men I just can't get into. The funny thing is, it's often seen on the toughest M***** F****** out there. So, I guess no one's going to criticize this fashion faux pas to their faces, right!
    I find the look interesting

Here's another one sporting the look:
    Masterchef Adam Liaw

I have to say, i love watching him cook He's awesome, hair buns and all

vCash
    If you are blessed with a cute face and a gorgeous head of hair then you can rock any look.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by essence_of_soy View Post
    Lynn Marshall's blog goes into a bit more detail.

http://community.eharlequin.com/cont...lynne-marshall
    Lynn Marshall apparently had no effing idea what a hair bun is - the example in the blog is merely a doubled up ponytail.

I see lots of guys with long hair, some wear it loose, some wear ponytails, but I've never seen a man with a real bun. I wuzrobbed of this alleged new trend!

Some guys look great with long hair, some don't - same goes with women.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BittyBug View Post
    With few exceptions, I can't stand men in ponytails or with loose long hair that's past the shoulder either.
    The biggest exception for me would be Joe Lando. Do a Google search of images of him. His "Sully" look for Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman was soooo much better than the look he sports with short cropped hair and a business suit.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    I think hair buns for men are the new bald guys with ponytails.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    IMO, only rock musicians can get away with shoulder length or longer hair. However, no man has any business wearing his hair in a bun.

vCash
    Ahg, man buns. They are the bane of my life. I live in around the Fitzroy area in Melbourne, and every second man has his hair in a bun. Often with a moustache!

A bun!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyWarhol View Post
    Ahg, man buns. They are the bane of my life. I live in around the Fitzroy area in Melbourne, and every second man has his hair in a bun. Often with a moustache!

A bun!!
    Are there any practical reasons for these buns? i.e. food service workers who won't to make sure hair doesn't wind up in food or guys who work around heavy machinery who want to insure their hair doesn't get caught in it.

Official FSU Alte Kacher
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    I think hair buns for men are the new bald guys with ponytails.
    Nothing more pathetic than than a half-bald, grey-hair old geezer with twenty strands of hair in a pony tail, except for those who part their hair just over the ear and try to cover their bald pate with the ten or so thin strands they have left.
    "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity”– MLK

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reuven View Post
    Nothing more pathetic than than a half-bald, grey-hair old geezer with twenty strands of hair in a pony tail, except for those who part their hair just over the ear and try to cover their bald pate with the ten or so thin strands they have left.
    In Japanese, it's called "the barcode".
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reuven View Post
    I think you just described my brother in law!

vCash
    Not too sure about the bun, but I luuuuuv long hair on men! The longer, better, as long as it's clean and not stringy...
    Nubka - Unpaid Slave Laborer...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Civic View Post
    Are there any practical reasons for these buns? i.e. food service workers who won't to make sure hair doesn't wind up in food or guys who work around heavy machinery who want to insure their hair doesn't get caught in it.
    Nah, they are just hipsters.

vCash
    It wasn't that long ago that people were suspicious of guys wearing earrings, but now it's pretty common, even having them on both ears. If more guys with long hair start to put them into buns then eventually people just get used to it.

vCash
    Don't see many 'man buns' here in Alabama, but I watch a lot of la liga futbol and some of the players with long hair put their hair back in a bun so it doesn't get grabbed and pulled during a game. It can look good, especially if the guy has gorgeous hair:

http://www.zimbio.com/photos/Jose+Caceres

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Never one to miss out on a trend, here's Johnny.