Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Status of US Ice-Dancing off season

Finally, let's talk about US Ice-Dance off season.

What do Davis / White need to do to hold onto their title against a healthier Virtue / Moir next year?

Where will Samuelson / Bates fit in next year?

Shibutanis rose to the World Bronze Medal? What can they do to get even better? They are limited I think by the fact that they are a brother - sister combo and romantic or passionate programs are off limits.

Do Chock / Zuerlin have the goods to make another world team with all of the above in shape, healthy and ready?

Kriegenkrairut / Giuletti-Schmitt - I really liked this pairing. Can they or the Hubbells make a team?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post
    Where will Samuelson / Bates fit in next year?
    IMO, in a battle with the Shibutanis for 2nd.

Can they or the Hubbells make a team?
    What's going on with the Hubbells? Did they definitely split? If so, what guy are we going to pair her with?

vCash

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Madison Hubbell and Keiffer Hubbell Announce End of Partnership - USFS press release just out: http://www.usfsa.org/Story.asp?id=46152&type=media
    Madison will continue her ice dancing career with Zach Donohue. A native of Madison, Conn., Donohue was the 2010 U.S. junior bronze medalist with Piper Gilles. Last season, he placed 11th at the U.S. Championships with Alissandra Aronow.

"It has been hard to end my career with Keiffer," Madison said, "But I am thankful to have found a new partner so quickly. Zach and I have a lot of work to do before the season starts, and I find myself reenergized and excited for the new direction my career will take."

The team will train in Detroit under Camerlengo and his staff.

Keiffer is exploring his options, both on and off the ice.

vCash
    Ohhh...Hubbell and Donahue really excite me! I sure hope it works out for them.

vCash
    Not sure about Donohue, but then again, there were really no other options.. I was hoping for Japaridze now that he's free though..

vCash
    Oooh. Didn't know about the Hubbells splitting . Thankfully, she found a partner quickly

AYS's snark-sponge
    vCash
    I like the idea of Madison and Zach Dononhue. I'm going to look forward to seeing them.
    Congratulations 2014 World Ice Dance Champions Anna Cappellini & Luca Lanotte!!!

vCash
    I'm glad they're training under Camerlengo.

vCash
    Samuelson & Bates were on the way down even before their injury. They are young enough to get back on track if they find the right pieces of the puzzle, but I cant imagine they will be immediately fighting with the World medalists Shibutanis for 2nd in the U.S.

Meow. Mrow. Miao. Purrrr.
    vCash
    How do Madison and Donohue look together? Is he bigger than her?

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    Samuelson & Bates were on the way down even before their injury.
    wtf?

They had just come off a bronze medal at US Nats (not silver only because B&A were back), a decent finish at the Olympics, and an improved placement at Worlds. Even though they didn't do quite as well on the GP as they did the year before (which could have something to do with the competition at the particular events), how on any planet could anyone describe that as being "on the way down"?

AYS's snark-sponge
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8er1964 View Post
    wtf?

They had just come off a bronze medal at US Nats (not silver only because B&A were back), a decent finish at the Olympics, and an improved placement at Worlds. Even though they didn't do quite as well on the GP as they did the year before (which could have something to do with the competition at the particular events), how on any planet could anyone describe that as being "on the way down"?
    don't worry no one believes they were on their way down.

I do think they will have a hard time catching the Shibs now though. The injury was needless to say a tough, tough break.
    Congratulations 2014 World Ice Dance Champions Anna Cappellini & Luca Lanotte!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueRidge View Post
    don't worry no one believes they were on their way down.

I do think they will have a hard time catching the Shibs now though. The injury was needless to say a tough, tough break.
    It's a tough break, but I think they'll benefit with the choice of SD next season. They'll have a lot more to work with in putting together a great rhumba. It could be awkward for the Shibutanis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OlieRow View Post
    It's a tough break, but I think they'll benefit with the choice of SD next season. They'll have a lot more to work with in putting together a great rhumba. It could be awkward for the Shibutanis.
    Funny because I think Samuelson/Bates have the same problem that the Shibs have....

They both look like they are skating with their brother/sister. The only benefit is that at least S/B know they aren't related.

vCash
    I am trying to create a mental image of Shibs doing slutty Latin SD and all I can do is cracking up.

Oh my the new season can't come soon enough!!!

vCash
    I think the Rhumba would be good for Chock/Zuerlein though. And Lynn/Logan (still can't spell their last names) in terms of chemistry.

vCash
    The Shibs are the solid #2 US dance team. Come on - World Bronze Medalists! I think Samuelson/Bates will be fighting for the #3 US dance spot with Chock/Zuerlein.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by slicekw View Post
    How do Madison and Donohue look together? Is he bigger than her?
    According to Icenetwork, Madison is 5'7". Zach is at least 6'2". Keiffer is listed as being 6'0". This should be interesting...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hockeyplayer2 View Post
    According to Icenetwork, Madison is 5'7". Zach is at least 6'2". Keiffer is listed as being 6'0". This should be interesting...
    Wow, I did not realize Madison was so tall. Looking forward to seeing the new team.

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast