• Your Bronze Dance

4 25.00%
  • Other

9 56.25%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

What tests have you pasted as a Skater?

Ok. I don't really know all the tests. So since I can only put 12. I'll just put the ones I know,and if you've pasted anything else,you may mark "other".and say what it was you pasted. So here's gos...

vCash
    I have passed Adult Pre-Bronze MITF, Adult Pre-Bronze Freeskate, and Adult Bronze MITF.

vCash
    Senior Competitive
    Gold Freeskate
    Gold Skating Skills
    Gold Dance
    Gold Interpretive
    Novice Pairs

vCash
    Adult pre-bronze & bronze MITF, pre-bronze FS, preliminary and pre-bronze dances.

vCash
    8th Figure (Gold)
    Senior Free Skating Test
    Senior Pair Test
    Gold Dance Test
    Gold Free Dance Test
    3 International Dance Tests

vCash
    Gold dance. I would try for the Internationals but they keep adding to them! Our Intl judges don't feel comfortable judging ALL of the tests which I think is unfair. If you have that rating, you should keep up on ALL the internationals, not just the ones you know.
    "awwww....shades of Janet Lynn" - Dick Button on anyone who makes more than one mistake in their program.

vCash
    Pre-juvenile FS and moves, but I'm hoping to pass the Juvenile of both over the summer

vCash
    My daughter just passed her USFS Senior Supplemental Moves test! So proud of her!

I've done Adult Gold Moves, Adult Silver Free, Pre-Bronze Dance, and Preliminary Figures.

Zamboni Zombie
    vCash
    ISI Gamma and proud, baby!

Cigarettes are like squirrels. They are perfectly harmless until you put one in your mouth and light it on fire. -- @ciggybuttz on Twitter

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    ISI 1 through ISI 6 (pre-1981)
    Preliminary and first figures (pre-1981)
    Preliminary free (pre-1981)
    Preliminary dance (pre-1981)

Adult pre-bronze through gold freestyle (after 2001)
    Adult gold moves and intermediate moves - I was grandfathered through adult silver moves when the rules changed (after 2001)
    Pre-bronze and bronze dance plus one pre-silver dance (after 2001)

I was lucky enough to have passed the Swing Dance twice. When I was a kid, it was on the preliminary dance test so I passed it then. Now it is on the pre-bronze dance test, so I had to take and pass it again.

Watch me move
    vCash
    ISI Freestyle 1, 2 and 3
    ISI Figures 1
    Skate Canada preliminary dance
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

vCash
    Hmm, this is actually quite difficult to compare...

What I have just learned last week is a senior test in Canada is NOT equivalent to a senior test in the US, which is also NOT equivalent to a senior test in some parts of Europe. (Or competitive tests for that matter).

So, correct me if I'm wrong, but to get a senior freestyle test in the US, all you need is up to a double lutz, whereas in Canada you need up to a double axel and 1 triple, or 2 different triples.

I've heard in Europe, senior you need 3 different triples?! (This is information I heard from a skater that skates in France for parts of the year), where a novice skater already needs a double axel to pass (which would be equivalent to a junior in Canada, and already higher than the US' senior freestyle).

Now, this is just talking about jumping, and of course, if any of the above information is wrong, please feel free to correct, cause this is only what I have heard. (I only know the Canada one is correct cause, well, I skate here.) I'm also a bit confused as to what are US Senior MITF, like are those the equivalent to Skate Canada Gold Skating skills?

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ltnskater View Post
    What I have just learned last week is a senior test in Canada is NOT equivalent to a senior test in the US, which is also NOT equivalent to a senior test in some parts of Europe. (Or competitive tests for that matter).

So, correct me if I'm wrong, but to get a senior freestyle test in the US, all you need is up to a double lutz, whereas in Canada you need up to a double axel and 1 triple, or 2 different triples.
    Right, because the USFS system doesn't divide their tests between the elite competitive skaters (like Canada does) and the rest. It's "one-size-fits-all" and therefore more inclusive to all skaters who test and want to experience the same standard in passing their Gold test(s).

I'm also a bit confused as to what are US Senior MITF, like are those the equivalent to Skate Canada Gold Skating skills?
    You can view all the USFS MITF, FS, etc. test forms by level at: http://www.usfsa.org/Shell.asp?sid=20822

ETA:
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarice View Post
    My daughter just passed her USFS Senior Supplemental Moves test! So proud of her!
    Congrats to her!
    Last edited by Sylvia; 06-11-2011 at 09:18 PM.

vCash
    USFSA Adult Pre-Bronze and Bronze free skates (I think I took them before MITF was required).

ISI Pre-Alpha through Freestyle 4 (as a kid).
    ISI Pre-Alpha through Freestyle 3 (as an adult).

Currently working on Silver MITF and Freestyle 4.

vCash
    I like seeing all the figures tests passed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Right, because the USFS system doesn't divide their tests between the elite competitive skaters (like Canada does) and the rest. It's "one-size-fits-all" and therefore more inclusive to all skaters who test and want to experience the same standard in passing their Gold test(s).

You can view all the USFS MITF, FS, etc. test forms by level at: http://www.usfsa.org/Shell.asp?sid=20822
    Ahh, I see, thanks for the info!

I was also wondering about the ISI tests? I was under the impression that that was like the recreational stream (i.e. Starskate/test stream in Canada) in the US, but now that it seems that's not the case, what exactly is the ISI tests? (It's just something that I've heard thrown around here on the forum, but I don't actually know what they test).

vCash
    ISI is a different organization than USFSA. It is "recreational" because it doesn't feed into the eligible track at all, you cannot ever make it to the olympics on ISI.

ISI is actually an organization of rinks, and the skating tests were designed essentially as a way to have a customer base. (Of course, ISI does do great things to serve the skaters too.) http://www.skateisi.com/site/

The top ISI tests are actually harder than the USFSA tests, because they are designed to keep challenging skaters. I skate in both organizations and ISI can be really fun- we have skaters going to "Worlds" soon, and one is doing 19 different events! Really makes the trip worthwhile- sometimes it is too expensive to travel for USFSA if you only skate 2 programs.

These are the ISI 10 requirements:
    Double Axel / Double Toe Loop Jump Combination
    Triple Edge Jump (skater’s choice)
    Death Drop
    Four Alternating Axels in a Row or Triple Toe Assist Jump
    Double Jump to the Right and Double Jump to the Left (not in sequence) or Triple Toe Assisted Jump/ Double Loop Jump Combination
    Three Arabian Cartwheels or Butterfly Jumps in a Row (Choice of one)
    Creative Dance Step Sequence

(Freestyle 9 requires an axel in opposite direction, or double axel. The opposite direction jumps really challenge skaters! IIRC the alternate of doing a harder jump is a new addition)

USFSA is beginning to do more to serve the recreational competitive population by adding events like National Showcase and Theatre on Ice, but until recently things like that were generally limited to ISI. Having ISI programs tends to be regional, based on which Basic Skills program you use. Our rink recently switched to USFSA so we are lucky to have influence of both.

vCash
    I've done adult pre-bronze MITF, and I'm in my pre-silver dances.
    And so, dear Lord, it is with deep sadness that we turn over to you this young woman, whose dream to ride on a giant swan resulted in her death. Maybe it is your way of telling us... to buy American.

Watch me move
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jcopper View Post
    I failed prelim figures in Canada, and about the time I was ready to test again, the figures tests were eliminated (which sucks because I know I would have passed...)
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jcopper View Post
    I'm kind of glad I don't have to do them - they have edge and figure patterns in our Aussie Skate and ISA tests, which is why I've been stuck on Free Skate 2 for three months...those darn consecutive edges!

LFO-LFI-RFI-RFO-stop-RFO-RFI-LFI-LFO-stop. Kind of like two figure eights on top of each other. I just can't quite seem to nail the shift of body weight and edge changes. It's horrible, horrible stuff and so very frustrating because I can do everything else on the test and some of the 3 and 4 tests as well!

I am passed up to Aussie Skate Free Skate 1 (obviously started from Basic 1 not Tiny Tots), but as I said, I can do pretty much everything on the FS2 test, most of the FS3 test and am learning a couple of things from FS4. After that will be Preliminary.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast