Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefcake View Post
    Definitely gorgeous, but why did they put her in just the type of giant cape Kirstie would've worn 80 pounds ago to hide her size? Two Fashion Week looks

That blue ensemble is gorgeous, so early-60s Scaasi.

In fact, I think I might have found my Halloween costume.....!

vCash
    Definitely gorgeous, but why did they put her in just the type of giant cape Kirstie would've worn 80 pounds ago to hide her size? Two Fashion Week looks
    Ah, I love quoting the greats.

Anyway, Tim Gunn calls out the fashion industry for vanity sizing, pointing out that smaller sizes = larger sales, and pretty much saying Kirstie Alley is no size 4.

Go Tim! I'm very well read on Marilyn Monroe -- my all-time favorite actress who I also consider to be the all-time sex symbol/perfect figure -- and those who knew her say that she was a size 12 ... which translates to a, er, healthy woman nowadays. However, I saw one of Marilyn's dresses in an exhibit ... it was much smaller than expected. Kirstie might be smaller in the hips than MM, but I'd say that they're both in the size 7-8 range.

vCash
    Ah, I love quoting the greats.

Anyway, Tim Gunn calls out the fashion industry for vanity sizing, pointing out that smaller sizes = larger sales, and pretty much saying Kirstie Alley is no size 4.

Go Tim! I'm very well read on Marilyn Monroe -- my all-time favorite actress who I also consider to be the all-time sex symbol/perfect figure -- and those who knew her say that she was a size 12 ... which translates to a, er, healthy woman nowadays. However, I saw one of Marilyn's dresses in an exhibit ... it was much smaller than expected. Kirstie might be smaller in the hips than MM, but I'd say that they're both in the size 7-8 range.
    Prior to 1970, there was standard sizing. A 12 would have been a 36" hip. My mother, who was 5'1" and weighed under 100 lbs, wore an 8 or 10. We tried one of my mother's vintage dresses on my niece who wears a 2 or 4 today and it fit.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345