Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

vCash
    Vera Wang was another mixed bag for me. I thought there were some fabulous pieces. In particularly the patterned silk chiffon dresses worn by Jaclyn Joblanski and Arizona Muse at the end were pretty fabulous. I was less convinced by the dusty pinks and greens. The black looks were fabulous, but seemed out of place.

I'm really interested to see the Herve Leger show at 2.
    Logic is in the eye of the logician --Gloria Steinem

vCash
    Herve Leger should be starting any minute at youtube.com/liverunway

Not 'Boxxy'!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    Herve Leger should be starting any minute at youtube.com/liverunway
    I didn't like it that much. I used to like his early bondage stuff more.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by soxxy View Post
    I didn't like it that much. I used to like his early bondage stuff more.
    I wasn't crazy about the dusty color palette or the gladiator shoes, but there were some good cocktail dresses.

Not 'Boxxy'!
    vCash
    I wasn't crazy about the dusty color palette or the gladiator shoes, but there were some good cocktail dresses.
    I think my issue is I like fall/winter better, there's so much more to see. And I don't take most of the men's fashion seriously, the guys are just hot to look at.

It's fun watching, though. I tried to walk like some of the models, with one foot directly in front of the other. No success ! lol
    Last edited by soxxy; 09-14-2011 at 12:44 AM.

vCash
    Just finished watching Narciso Rodriguez. For me, it was by far the best show I've seen this entire week.

Quadless
    vCash
    I tried to walk like some of the models, with one foot directly in front of the other.
    When did this become the way to walk? Many of them even cross the stepping foot over the path of the other. Between the way they have to pick up their feet to do this and the ridiculous platform shoes that are the vogue these days, most of the models look like emaciated Clydesdale horse, clippedy-cloppedying down the runway.

And in the Leger show in particular, they looked like sacks of bones. Sacks of bones wrapped in bandages clippedy-cloppedying around the trackrunway.
    "I miss footwork that has any kind of a discernible pattern. The goal of a step sequence should not be for a skater to show the same ice coverage as a Zamboni and take about as much time as an ice resurface. " ~ Zemgirl, reflecting on a pre-IJS straight line sequence

vCash
    Kristi Alley looked gorgeous!! She's 60 years old!

http://nymag.com/daily/fashion/2011/...in_a_fash.html

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BittyBug View Post
    When did this become the way to walk? Many of them even cross the stepping foot over the path of the other.
    When I took a modeling class waaaaaay back in 1983, this is how they taught us to walk. For those of us with no hips, it's supposed to give the illusion of a figure. Or something. My instructor was kind of insane....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard View Post
    When I took a modeling class waaaaaay back in 1983, this is how they taught us to walk. For those of us with no hips, it's supposed to give the illusion of a figure. Or something. My instructor was kind of insane....
    Crossing keeps a model from swaying side to side and bobbing up and down as she walks. It requires the model to pick up her feet. A small amount of cross without the Clydesdale stomp seems attractive to me.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    Just finished watching Narciso Rodriguez. For me, it was by far the best show I've seen this entire week.
    ITA, along with Madame Herrera and Zac Posen, some of the most looks of the week!

ETA: HUGE props to Costello Tagliapietra! IMHO, it makes perfect sense that two bears would know how to make garments that could be worn comfortably by women of MANY different body types.
    Last edited by Fergus; 09-14-2011 at 07:28 PM.

Not 'Boxxy'!
    vCash
    I could have done without the fur-like pieces at J. Mendel and the models' hair, but I liked his colors and the sleek, flowing styles.

vCash
    Wow, Michael Kors was surprisingly tacky and boring at the same time, imho.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Wow, Michael Kors was surprisingly tacky and boring at the same time, imho.
    Think the old guy is starting to have "taste issues." Wonder if he'll be the next aufee.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    Marchesa was http://www.style.com/fashionshows/re...12RTW-MARCHESA

Another really interesting collection was Olivier Theysken's line Theyskens' Theory: http://www.style.com/fashionshows/re...012RTW-TTHEORY

I thought Tory Burch had a really strong commercial collection. A lot of women would love to wear those clothes.

For once, I was very mixed about Rodarte. I generally think they are beyond fabulous, but I felt there were some real misses here. I didn't like the prom dress silhouette, but I thought some of the more simple pieces were amazing.

For me, Narciso Rodriguez is still, far and away the best collection of the week: http://www.style.com/fashionshows/re...12RTW-NRODRIGU

I'm really curious to see what Marc Jacobs does tomorrow night.

Not 'Boxxy'!
    vCash
    Fun show at Anna Sui. They turned down the lights, the music was great, and the girls showed personality (and I sense they were the A listers). Most everything was printed.

Not 'Boxxy'!
    vCash
    Fun show at Anna Sui. They turned down the lights, the music was great, and the girls showed personality (and I sense they were the A listers). Most everything was printed.
    ETA:

Ralph Lauren takes a couple of days to get his video up. Gorgeous high-def, one angle, breathtaking. A couple of cutaways to Olivia Wilde who's supposed to wear one of the gowns to the Emmys.

http://www.ralphlauren.com/shop/inde...WAY_EXPLORENOW

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DickButtonFan View Post
    Kristi Alley looked gorgeous!! She's 60 years old!

http://nymag.com/daily/fashion/2011/...in_a_fash.html
    Definitely gorgeous, but why did they put her in just the type of giant cape Kirstie would've worn 80 pounds ago to hide her size? Two Fashion Week looks

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefcake View Post
    Definitely gorgeous, but why did they put her in just the type of giant cape Kirstie would've worn 80 pounds ago to hide her size? Two Fashion Week looks

OMG, exactly what I was wondering. When I read about all the weight she lost I thought "whatever, they are clearly covering her up. She hasn't lost near that." Then I saw her in regular clothes and it was obvious how much she really has lost.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

Not 'Boxxy'!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefcake View Post

The last time she lost a significant amount of weight she did the Oprah bikini thing....maybe she wanted to avoid anything like that.

She does look and has the personality to match.

(And I still think she should have won DWTS! )

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast