Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I used to live in Adam's curls, but he cut them - so now I'm homeless. =o(
    vCash

Cool The Official LADY GAGA Thread!

THE OFFICIAL LADY GAGA THREAD!

Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta (born March 28, 1986), better known by her stage name Lady Gaga, is an American pop singer-songwriter.

Gaga came to prominence following the release of her debut studio album The Fame (2008), which was a critical and commercial success and achieved international popularity with the singles "Just Dance" and "Poker Face".

Inspired by glam rock singers like David Bowie and Freddie Mercury, as well as dance-pop artists such as Madonna and Michael Jackson, Gaga is well-recognized for her outré and ever-changing sense of style in music, in fashion, in performance and in her music videos. Her contributions to the music industry have accrued her numerous achievements including five Grammy Awards, among twelve nominations; two Guinness World Records; and the estimated sale of 13 million albums and 51 million singles, making her one of the best-selling music artists worldwide.

Newest Video and Single
    'Yoü and I' Video ft a Half-Nude Taylor Kinney!

Fan Forum:
    Join GGD!

vCash
    Vote for Gaga's next single here!

vCash
    You need an invitation code to register. I would vote for Heavy Metal Lover.

This song is an instant classic. I felt this way about "So Happy I could die " on Fame Monster.
    "“My bronze feels like gold,” said the bronze medalist Carolina Kostner

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    My favorite song off the album has always been Bad Kids. It makes me absolutely happy. No one else seems to share my enthusiasm for it and no one ever wants it as a single. I don't think it is a very radio friendly song but it has one of the more radio friendly melodies and what on this album IS radio friendly that hasnt already been released?
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by topaz View Post
    You need an invitation code to register. I would vote for Heavy Metal Lover.
    Is registration not open? If it is, please join if you'd like. It's the best place for Gaga exclusives, and we have a great time over there!
    Quote Originally Posted by topaz View Post
    This song is an instant classic. I felt this way about "So Happy I could die " on Fame Monster.
    I LOVE 'So Happy I could die'!
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    My favorite song off the album has always been Bad Kids. It makes me absolutely happy. No one else seems to share my enthusiasm for it and no one ever wants it as a single. I don't think it is a very radio friendly song but it has one of the more radio friendly melodies and what on this album IS radio friendly that hasnt already been released?
    I think it's radio friendly... more so than 'Government Hooker' which seems to be a fan favorite.

vCash
    ^ I like 'Bloody Mary', 'Americano', and 'Black Jesus', especially 'Bloody Mary'.

'Government Hooker' has that really heavy beat that wakes you up!

I was a bit disappointed that 'Judas' didn't race up the charts more because that's a good stand-alone song. I was a little over all the pearl clutching when it was released as a single this past Spring. It seemed that you had 2 competing anti-Gaga camps overwhelmingly trashing it - one side: Madonna already mixed religious imagery and sex, so (like no one else can do it if it's been done once). The other side was like 'how dare she mix religion and sex!'

vCash
    This is the sign that you've got it made: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss_BmTGv43M

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post
    ^ I like 'Bloody Mary', 'Americano', and 'Black Jesus', especially 'Bloody Mary'.

'Government Hooker' has that really heavy beat that wakes you up!

I was a bit disappointed that 'Judas' didn't race up the charts more because that's a good stand-alone song. I was a little over all the pearl clutching when it was released as a single this past Spring. It seemed that you had 2 competing anti-Gaga camps overwhelmingly trashing it - one side: Madonna already mixed religious imagery and sex, so (like no one else can do it if it's been done once). The other side was like 'how dare she mix religion and sex!'
    Uhg...I know...I'm so tired of the Madonna stans! So pressed.

If this poll is any indication, then 'Bloody Mary' will be a single! Perhaps the next single!
    http://newsroom.mtv.com/2011/09/09/l...t-single-poll/
    Quote Originally Posted by Jot the Dot Dot View Post
    This is the sign that you've got it made: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss_BmTGv43M
    Absolutely!

Here's the audio for 'Bloody Mary'. It's so funky and cool. I love it!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFwmKL5OL-Q

Hey, Kool-Aid!
    vCash
    One question.

Why do we need an Official Lady Gaga thread on a figure skating board?
    Tessa and Scott: Thank you

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by marbri View Post
    One question.

It's only natural after the Ice Dancer's costumes

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    If this poll is any indication, then 'Bloody Mary' will be a single! Perhaps the next single!
    See there's a song that I hated at first, then grew to love, but I fear would be completely radio unfriendly. It's just too weird. I wanted to share this amazing youtube video in which some film students made their own music video for Bloody Mary. It blew my mind... looks like a real GaGa vid! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63zSj...ayer_embedded#!

I would go for "Americano" as a single.

vCash
    One question.

You've been a member since 2001, so you can't be serious? Right? Cuz afaik, this subforum is for "Favorite Movies. Food. Love Life Woes. Random Randomness. Y'know, a place where you can Chat about anything and everything under the sun here." Does someone have a chair?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    See there's a song that I hated at first, then grew to love, but I fear would be completely radio unfriendly. It's just too weird. I wanted to share this amazing youtube video in which some film students made their own music video for Bloody Mary. It blew my mind... looks like a real GaGa vid! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63zSj...ayer_embedded#!

I would go for "Americano" as a single.
    Hmmm, really? See, I think 'Americano' is waaaay more radio-unfriendly than 'Bloody Mary'. BM's bridge alone is so catchy, and its weirdness will be part of its charm, while 'Americano' is so screechy and noisy...not unlike 'Government Hooker'...

Yeah, that video is really impressive! I like this one below too!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yk5RORfkeok

vCash

Madonna disses Lady Gaga

http://www.eonline.com/news/diss_ale...et_lady/262169

Ummm, someone has a reallllyyyy big Ego:

"As for Lady Gaga, I have no comment to make about her obsessions having to do with me because I don't know whether her behavior is rooted in something deep and meaningful, or superficial," Madonna reportedly told Le Soir.

Read more: http://www.eonline.com/news/diss_ale...#ixzz1XeLtmoBG
    And you know, Madonna has NEVER done anything superficial.....or stupid...

ETA - Lady Gaga has legions of pretty devoted fans, so I wonder if she needs to be looking over her shoulder
    Last edited by olympic; 09-11-2011 at 02:29 PM.

Hey, Kool-Aid!
    vCash
    You've been a member since 2001, so you can't be serious? Right? Cuz afaik, this subforum is for "Favorite Movies. Food. Love Life Woes. Random Randomness. Y'know, a place where you can Chat about anything and everything under the sun here." Does someone have a chair?
    [/url]
    Yes I have, even earlier then that, which is why I asked the question. Even skater fan threads get thrown in the trash can
    Tessa and Scott: Thank you

vCash
    http://www.eonline.com/news/diss_ale...et_lady/262169

Ummm, someone has a reallllyyyy big Ego:

And you know, Madonna has NEVER done anything superficial.....or stupid...

ETA - Lady Gaga has legions of pretty devoted fans, so I wonder if she needs to be looking over her shoulder
    This was proven false. Madonna never said that. Press always trying to start sh*t.
    Yes I have, even earlier then that, which is why I asked the question. Even skater fan threads get thrown in the trash can
    If they want to move it, then they can (needless to say).

vCash
    This was proven false. Madonna never said that. Press always trying to start sh*t.

If they want to move it, then they can (needless to say).
    Really? That's good to know. I want to imagine that M and LG get along Do you have a link refuting this?

vCash
    Really? That's good to know. I want to imagine that M and LG get along Do you have a link refuting this?
    Well it was discussed at length over at GagaDaily.

The interview was done in French, so what Madonna said was taking out of context.

Here's what happened.

Well, it is important to see it in its context. She was asked about the two female characters in her movie: Wallis and Wally. Wally is a 20-something woman trapped in a bad marriage and becomes a bit obsessed with Wallis (I assume you know who she is), the interviewer asked if she thinks this is how her fans see her, or if she thinks lady gaga is also obsessed with her like Wally. Madonna then explains that fame is seen as very black and white in the media, you show something and then people think they know you, but really you never truly know the famous person, it's always a grey era. She then says she doesn't want to comment on whether lady gaga is obsessed with her in a deep way (as the interviewer asked..) or a superficial way because the media stirs things up and she doesn't know the truth.

Basically, that's the point.. I expect this to get taken out of context because the interview was done in french.
    She was being interviewed about the movie she just directed, which in part involves a younger woman being obsessed with an older one. The interviewer made a parallel between the two characters and Gaga/Madonna, to which Madonna pretty much said "no comment" in more words. She just acknowledges that the similarities are there (and they are), and that she doesn't know how to respond because she doesn't know the motives behind them. Settle down, stans, there's no shade here.
    http://gagadailyboards.com/showthrea...05#post2864605

vCash
    Lady Gaga Video: 'Alejandro'
    My favorite!

151,962,475 views.

vCash
    I saw part of an interview that Jean Paul Gaulthier did with Gaga a few days ago. I'm not what you would call a fan, but watching the interview I was intrigued. I'd like to see it again if I can find it on the internet or if it re-airs.

I did learn that she named her fans "Little Monsters" and has a tattoo dedicated to you all. She's an interesting persona.
    The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are--Joseph Campbell

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Lady Gaga's most romantic song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pi7gwX7rjOw
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast