Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 39
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    I used to live in Adam's curls, but he cut them - so now I'm homeless. =o(
    Posts
    191
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0

    Cool The Official LADY GAGA Thread!

    THE OFFICIAL LADY GAGA THREAD!



    Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta (born March 28, 1986), better known by her stage name Lady Gaga, is an American pop singer-songwriter.

    Gaga came to prominence following the release of her debut studio album The Fame (2008), which was a critical and commercial success and achieved international popularity with the singles "Just Dance" and "Poker Face".

    Inspired by glam rock singers like David Bowie and Freddie Mercury, as well as dance-pop artists such as Madonna and Michael Jackson, Gaga is well-recognized for her outré and ever-changing sense of style in music, in fashion, in performance and in her music videos. Her contributions to the music industry have accrued her numerous achievements including five Grammy Awards, among twelve nominations; two Guinness World Records; and the estimated sale of 13 million albums and 51 million singles, making her one of the best-selling music artists worldwide.


    Newest Video and Single
    'Yoü and I' Video ft a Half-Nude Taylor Kinney!

    Fan Forum:
    Join GGD!

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    I used to live in Adam's curls, but he cut them - so now I'm homeless. =o(
    Posts
    191
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Vote for Gaga's next single here!

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Age
    43
    Posts
    8,823
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    2961
    You need an invitation code to register. I would vote for Heavy Metal Lover.

    This song is an instant classic. I felt this way about "So Happy I could die " on Fame Monster.
    "“My bronze feels like gold,” said the bronze medalist Carolina Kostner

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    Age
    31
    Posts
    20,708
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    30870
    My favorite song off the album has always been Bad Kids. It makes me absolutely happy. No one else seems to share my enthusiasm for it and no one ever wants it as a single. I don't think it is a very radio friendly song but it has one of the more radio friendly melodies and what on this album IS radio friendly that hasnt already been released?
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    I used to live in Adam's curls, but he cut them - so now I'm homeless. =o(
    Posts
    191
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by topaz View Post
    You need an invitation code to register. I would vote for Heavy Metal Lover.
    Is registration not open? If it is, please join if you'd like. It's the best place for Gaga exclusives, and we have a great time over there!
    Quote Originally Posted by topaz View Post
    This song is an instant classic. I felt this way about "So Happy I could die " on Fame Monster.
    I LOVE 'So Happy I could die'!
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    My favorite song off the album has always been Bad Kids. It makes me absolutely happy. No one else seems to share my enthusiasm for it and no one ever wants it as a single. I don't think it is a very radio friendly song but it has one of the more radio friendly melodies and what on this album IS radio friendly that hasnt already been released?
    I think it's radio friendly... more so than 'Government Hooker' which seems to be a fan favorite.

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Miami, FL, USA
    Posts
    6,918
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    ^ I like 'Bloody Mary', 'Americano', and 'Black Jesus', especially 'Bloody Mary'.

    'Government Hooker' has that really heavy beat that wakes you up!

    I was a bit disappointed that 'Judas' didn't race up the charts more because that's a good stand-alone song. I was a little over all the pearl clutching when it was released as a single this past Spring. It seemed that you had 2 competing anti-Gaga camps overwhelmingly trashing it - one side: Madonna already mixed religious imagery and sex, so (like no one else can do it if it's been done once). The other side was like 'how dare she mix religion and sex!'

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Main floor
    Posts
    2,452
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    This is the sign that you've got it made: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss_BmTGv43M

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    I used to live in Adam's curls, but he cut them - so now I'm homeless. =o(
    Posts
    191
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post
    ^ I like 'Bloody Mary', 'Americano', and 'Black Jesus', especially 'Bloody Mary'.

    'Government Hooker' has that really heavy beat that wakes you up!

    I was a bit disappointed that 'Judas' didn't race up the charts more because that's a good stand-alone song. I was a little over all the pearl clutching when it was released as a single this past Spring. It seemed that you had 2 competing anti-Gaga camps overwhelmingly trashing it - one side: Madonna already mixed religious imagery and sex, so (like no one else can do it if it's been done once). The other side was like 'how dare she mix religion and sex!'
    Uhg...I know...I'm so tired of the Madonna stans! So pressed.

    If this poll is any indication, then 'Bloody Mary' will be a single! Perhaps the next single!
    http://newsroom.mtv.com/2011/09/09/l...t-single-poll/
    Quote Originally Posted by Jot the Dot Dot View Post
    This is the sign that you've got it made: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss_BmTGv43M
    Absolutely!

    Here's the audio for 'Bloody Mary'. It's so funky and cool. I love it!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFwmKL5OL-Q

  9. #9
    Hey, Kool-Aid!
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Posts
    11,180
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    2492
    One question.

    Why do we need an Official Lady Gaga thread on a figure skating board?
    Tessa and Scott: Thank you

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Main floor
    Posts
    2,452
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by marbri View Post
    One question.

    Why do we need an Official Lady Gaga thread on a figure skating board?
    It's only natural after the Ice Dancer's costumes

  11. #11
    YEAH!
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Worshipping Grebenkina...
    Posts
    13,776
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    9960
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    If this poll is any indication, then 'Bloody Mary' will be a single! Perhaps the next single!
    See there's a song that I hated at first, then grew to love, but I fear would be completely radio unfriendly. It's just too weird. I wanted to share this amazing youtube video in which some film students made their own music video for Bloody Mary. It blew my mind... looks like a real GaGa vid! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63zSj...ayer_embedded#!

    I would go for "Americano" as a single.

  12. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    I used to live in Adam's curls, but he cut them - so now I'm homeless. =o(
    Posts
    191
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by marbri View Post
    One question.

    Why do we need an Official Lady Gaga thread on a figure skating board?
    You've been a member since 2001, so you can't be serious? Right? Cuz afaik, this subforum is for "Favorite Movies. Food. Love Life Woes. Random Randomness. Y'know, a place where you can Chat about anything and everything under the sun here." Does someone have a chair?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    See there's a song that I hated at first, then grew to love, but I fear would be completely radio unfriendly. It's just too weird. I wanted to share this amazing youtube video in which some film students made their own music video for Bloody Mary. It blew my mind... looks like a real GaGa vid! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63zSj...ayer_embedded#!

    I would go for "Americano" as a single.
    Hmmm, really? See, I think 'Americano' is waaaay more radio-unfriendly than 'Bloody Mary'. BM's bridge alone is so catchy, and its weirdness will be part of its charm, while 'Americano' is so screechy and noisy...not unlike 'Government Hooker'...

    Yeah, that video is really impressive! I like this one below too!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yk5RORfkeok

  13. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Miami, FL, USA
    Posts
    6,918
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0

    Madonna disses Lady Gaga

    http://www.eonline.com/news/diss_ale...et_lady/262169

    Ummm, someone has a reallllyyyy big Ego:

    "As for Lady Gaga, I have no comment to make about her obsessions having to do with me because I don't know whether her behavior is rooted in something deep and meaningful, or superficial," Madonna reportedly told Le Soir.

    Read more: http://www.eonline.com/news/diss_ale...#ixzz1XeLtmoBG
    And you know, Madonna has NEVER done anything superficial.....or stupid...

    ETA - Lady Gaga has legions of pretty devoted fans, so I wonder if she needs to be looking over her shoulder
    Last edited by olympic; 09-11-2011 at 02:29 PM.

  14. #14
    Hey, Kool-Aid!
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Posts
    11,180
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    2492
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    You've been a member since 2001, so you can't be serious? Right? Cuz afaik, this subforum is for "Favorite Movies. Food. Love Life Woes. Random Randomness. Y'know, a place where you can Chat about anything and everything under the sun here." Does someone have a chair?
    [/url]
    Yes I have, even earlier then that, which is why I asked the question. Even skater fan threads get thrown in the trash can
    Tessa and Scott: Thank you

  15. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    I used to live in Adam's curls, but he cut them - so now I'm homeless. =o(
    Posts
    191
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post
    http://www.eonline.com/news/diss_ale...et_lady/262169

    Ummm, someone has a reallllyyyy big Ego:



    And you know, Madonna has NEVER done anything superficial.....or stupid...

    ETA - Lady Gaga has legions of pretty devoted fans, so I wonder if she needs to be looking over her shoulder
    This was proven false. Madonna never said that. Press always trying to start sh*t.
    Quote Originally Posted by marbri View Post
    Yes I have, even earlier then that, which is why I asked the question. Even skater fan threads get thrown in the trash can
    If they want to move it, then they can (needless to say).

  16. #16
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Miami, FL, USA
    Posts
    6,918
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    This was proven false. Madonna never said that. Press always trying to start sh*t.

    If they want to move it, then they can (needless to say).
    Really? That's good to know. I want to imagine that M and LG get along Do you have a link refuting this?

  17. #17
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    I used to live in Adam's curls, but he cut them - so now I'm homeless. =o(
    Posts
    191
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post
    Really? That's good to know. I want to imagine that M and LG get along Do you have a link refuting this?
    Well it was discussed at length over at GagaDaily.

    The interview was done in French, so what Madonna said was taking out of context.

    Here's what happened.

    Well, it is important to see it in its context. She was asked about the two female characters in her movie: Wallis and Wally. Wally is a 20-something woman trapped in a bad marriage and becomes a bit obsessed with Wallis (I assume you know who she is), the interviewer asked if she thinks this is how her fans see her, or if she thinks lady gaga is also obsessed with her like Wally. Madonna then explains that fame is seen as very black and white in the media, you show something and then people think they know you, but really you never truly know the famous person, it's always a grey era. She then says she doesn't want to comment on whether lady gaga is obsessed with her in a deep way (as the interviewer asked..) or a superficial way because the media stirs things up and she doesn't know the truth.

    Basically, that's the point.. I expect this to get taken out of context because the interview was done in french.
    She was being interviewed about the movie she just directed, which in part involves a younger woman being obsessed with an older one. The interviewer made a parallel between the two characters and Gaga/Madonna, to which Madonna pretty much said "no comment" in more words. She just acknowledges that the similarities are there (and they are), and that she doesn't know how to respond because she doesn't know the motives behind them. Settle down, stans, there's no shade here.
    http://gagadailyboards.com/showthrea...05#post2864605

  18. #18
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    I used to live in Adam's curls, but he cut them - so now I'm homeless. =o(
    Posts
    191
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Lady Gaga Video: 'Alejandro'
    My favorite!

    151,962,475 views.

  19. #19

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Hula-hooping with Michelle Obama
    Posts
    3,800
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    31266
    I saw part of an interview that Jean Paul Gaulthier did with Gaga a few days ago. I'm not what you would call a fan, but watching the interview I was intrigued. I'd like to see it again if I can find it on the internet or if it re-airs.

    I did learn that she named her fans "Little Monsters" and has a tattoo dedicated to you all. She's an interesting persona.
    The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are--Joseph Campbell

  20. #20
    Argle-Bargle-ist
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Age
    50
    Posts
    8,564
    vCash
    875
    Rep Power
    73462
    Lady Gaga's most romantic song:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pi7gwX7rjOw
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •