Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I just ordered a bouquet for my MIL in NJ with white hydgrangeas and pink roses. Hope she has a better reaction than Madonna.

Incidentally, the New Jersey florist is rude, charges more and has no pictures of products on their website. I also happened to order flowers in LA this morning and the website contained pics of products, the prices were better and service was with a smile and gratitude for my business. Oh and the NJ florist had a thick NJ accent just like The Sopranos.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aliceanne View Post
    I used to get Madonna's appeal when she was young and fun-loving. She was never an amazing talent, but she was good at entertaining teenyboppers.

Once she started all that dieting, yoga and body building etc she became unpleasant. I get the impression that she confuses being rude with being edgy or profound. Talk about no sense of humor...
    She's just completely detached from reality.

There are millions of reports of her behaviour and treating people like shit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    I just ordered a bouquet for my MIL in NJ with white hydgrangeas and pink roses. Hope she has a better reaction than Madonna.

Incidentally, the New Jersey florist is rude, charges more and has no pictures of products on their website. I also happened to order flowers in LA this morning and the website contained pics of products, the prices were better and service was with a smile and gratitude for my business. Oh and the NJ florist had a thick NJ accent just like The Sopranos.
    Where in NJ? There is a very small area where you hear that accent. The florists I use are always pleasant. You can also use FTD on-line or 1-800-flowers. You don't have to use a local florist.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post

Does Southpaw have another job now?
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

Saint Smugpawski
    Cutting Down Privet Because Food Prices Are Going Up Next Year
    vCash
    I used to work with a guy who drove a limo and he had to cart Madonna around a few times back in the 80s. Since this is a family forum and I'm a nice girl I won't tell you what he said about her, but I assure you it wasn't that she tipped him rather handsomely.
    The fastest thing out of New Jersey since Tricky Nicky in a Muscovian handbasket

Saint Smugpawski
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    Does Southpaw have another job now?
    Bite me.

Hey IceAlisa, did your florist tell you that? Did she tell you to bite her? No? Well then it couldn't have been me, now could it?
    The fastest thing out of New Jersey since Tricky Nicky in a Muscovian handbasket

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
    Bite me.

Hey IceAlisa, did your florist tell you that? Did she tell you to bite her? No? Well then it couldn't have been me, now could it?
    She sounded like she was about to say it though. I asked about the color of the flowers and the size of the bouquet since their useless website tells you nothing and she acted like I asked for her firstborn. The accent was entertaining though.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    I used to work with a guy who drove a limo and he had to cart Madonna around a few times back in the 80s. Since this is a family forum and I'm a nice girl I won't tell you what he said about her, but I assure you it wasn't that she tipped him rather handsomely.
    Somewhat on topic, speaking of tips. A friend was telling me (the other day) that Venus Williams was in a restaurant that their son frequents. The son was friendly with one of the waiters. Venus and her entourage were there for hours, ordering lots of food and drink, so that the waiter could only serve that table. They ran up a bill, well into several thousand dollars. She paid and left no tip at all. The waiter was very upset, since she took up his entire night. So, he went up to her and asked if he'd done something wrong and did she realize that she hadn't left a tip. She answered - yes, she was aware she hadn't left a tip, that she never does. What a bitch!

vCash
    She has said that one of her earliest memories was pushing down another little girl in her driveway. She was being punished for being bad and the girl walked up and gave her a dandelion to cheer her up, but Madonna was offended because she likes things that are cultivated. I guess she was "born that way".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Lining View Post
    She has said that one of her earliest memories was pushing down another little girl in her driveway. She was being punished for being bad and the girl walked up and gave her a dandelion to cheer her up, but Madonna was offended because she likes things that are cultivated. I guess she was "born that way".
    If she likes things that are cultivated, she must loathe herself. All the money in the world can't buy class.
    Last edited by cruisin; 09-07-2011 at 11:01 PM.

vCash
    Whatever, I still love her especially with her shortcomings and imperfections. Would I ever want to work for her or deal with her in real life, absolutely not. However, there's just something I find fascinating and interesting about Madonna and I am a big fan of her music (unlike Rex, I think her material on Bedtime Stories, and especially Ray of Light and Music were the best of her career).
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

Two places! Atlanta suburbs and in the North Georgia Mountains
    vCash
    This is old, but a lot of fun to read:

http://www.glamorati.com/celebrity/2...brity-tippers/

Look who's number 1!

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    I wouldnt be surprised if a lot of the people on that list can't do the math
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Saint Smugpawski
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa View Post
    Whatever, I still love her especially with her shortcomings and imperfections.
    That's because you're young and you didn't suffer through the 80s with her hairy armpits like us old farts did. You're so sweet and innocent. You have no idea the scars some of us still carry from that decade....

Beach Bum
    vCash
    I love them too. Especially blue ones.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    That's because you're young and you didn't suffer through the 80s with her hairy armpits like us old farts did. You're so sweet and innocent. You have no idea the scars some of us still carry from that decade....
    Isn't that just great? People my age and even younger have been going to 80's Night and filtering and altering 80s fashion and listening to 80s music for more than half a decade now, and we didn't have to suffer through actually living our teenaged and older years in the 1980s. We can just take the stuff we like and say "that's 80s!"

That's how my children will probably feel about the music I've suffered through and am continuing to suffer through in the 2000s...I just hope the next decade will have better music.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    I really don't see what the big deal is. She thanked the fan and moved on. Would anyone care if this was anyone other than Madonna? So she can be bitchy -- wasn't that established in the 1980s?

vCash
    Anyone remember reading the story about Sonja Henie graciously accepting roses from a fan and then smashing them to bits backstage, screaming "Only ORCHIDS for Sonja!"?

Saint Smugpawski
    vCash
    Hmmmmmm....did Sonja Henie have sea anemones for armpits?

vCash
    Hmmmmmm....did Sonja Henie have sea anemones for armpits?

They look shaved smooth to me!

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast