Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
    snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BittyBug View Post
    They're very popular in my area - they even sell them at Whole Foods (U.S. natural foods supermarket).
    ita, i see lots of hydrangea bouquets here

i have a friend who sends me a bouquet of blue ones every year for my birthday
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by milanessa View Post
    Ooh - do they come in white?
    I have white ones and blue ones. They are one of my favorite flowers, second to sunflowers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VALuvsMKwan View Post
    And who made that rule? I certainly believe that she doesn't - this is pure PR.

She is (in terms of her publicity and fame, and how seriously she takes it and herself) the Joan Crawford of today (no reflection on, or reference to, how she treats her children intended at all).
    And to underscore VALuvsMKwan's point, I give you this link, with another actress playing essentially the same scene with much more conviction.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
    And to underscore VALuvsMKwan's point, I give you this link, with another actress playing essentially the same scene with much more conviction.
    That is Faye Dunaway, a cut from the original "Mommie Dearest". Ironic that she is attacking roses - Madonna's favorite. Maybe Joan liked hydrangeas

Madonna's clip was more The Godfather (including the music).

vCash
    I would never have know those flowers were called hydrangeas if not for this thread. FSU - always educational. (14 pages??)

vCash
    Ooh - do they come in white?
    Yep. The gardner here grows white ones. They go well with magnolia trees.
    But I like the pink and the purple more.

Quote Originally Posted by BittyBug View Post
    They're very popular in my area - they even sell them at Whole Foods (U.S. natural foods supermarket).
    Sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    ita, i see lots of hydrangea bouquets here

i have a friend who sends me a bouquet of blue ones every year for my birthday
    Oh. How out of the flower loop I must be.
    I usually get daisies for birthdays.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by loulou View Post
    Oh. How out of the flower loop I must be.
    I usually get daisies for birthdays.
    My kids will give me sunflowers. Two reasons, I love them and I'm not allergic to them.

Dried hydrangeas make lovely floral arrangements. Of course, I never get to do that, those pesky deer and their ravenous appetites.

vCash
    I just want to know why Madonna hates them SO much?

vCash
    Goodness knows. They're so pretty, I can't imagine why anyone hates them. But to each his own, I guess. I don't think sunflowers are pretty, but many people do!
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

Wandering Goy
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    That is Faye Dunaway, a cut from the original "Mommie Dearest". Ironic that she is attacking roses - Madonna's favorite. Maybe Joan liked hydrangeas

Madonna's clip was more The Godfather (including the music).
    Short of seeing clips of Lypsinka (and what seems like 10,000 far less talented drag queens) performing to audio tracks of "Mommie Dearest", I wonder who has filmed a REMAKE (in response to your use of "original')? That would send the concept of high camp right on out of the solar system.

Perhaps Ms. Ciccione Penn Ritchie would like to take on that project, skilled thespian that she is.
    "Skating fans are not a patient bunch." Dragonlady

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyliefan View Post
    Goodness knows. They're so pretty, I can't imagine why anyone hates them. But to each his own, I guess. I don't think sunflowers are pretty, but many people do!
    They are ok in a garden but I wouldn't want them in a cut flower arrangement either.

vCash
    Short of seeing clips of Lypsinka (and what seems like 10,000 far less talented drag queens) performing to audio tracks of "Mommie Dearest", I wonder who has filmed a REMAKE (in response to your use of "original')? That would send the concept of high camp right on out of the solar system.

Perhaps Ms. Ciccione Penn Ritchie would like to take on that project, skilled thespian that she is.
    I thought that Vagabond thought the clip provided was not from the movie. So, I will change my word from original to actual or one and only.

Saint Smugpawski
    Cutting Down Privet Because Food Prices Are Going Up Next Year
    vCash
    Five bucks says Madonna's daddy LURVES hydrangeas and that's why she loathes them.
    The fastest thing out of New Jersey since Tricky Nicky in a Muscovian handbasket

vCash
    Is that deliberate or just a typo?

vCash
    After "Shanghai Surprise", I think the only thing she hated was acting lessons.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    I thought that Vagabond thought the clip provided was not from the movie.
    It's entitled "Mommie Dearest - Rose Garden w/ Original Music" and says under the video:

All current prints of "Mommie Dearest" are missing the underscoring for the dramatic rose garden sequence. It is reported that the master audio-track containing the music was damaged beyond repair, therefore the scene is presented without music on the DVD releases.

Here is the scene with Henry Mancini's underscore, as taken from the original VHS edition.

vCash
    It's entitled "Mommie Dearest - Rose Garden w/ Original Music" and says under the video:

Sorry, the part I bolded confused me. I misunderstood, I thought you didn't know who the actress was and that is was a clip from the movie. Oops on me .

Wandering Goy
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by loulou View Post
    Is that deliberate or just a typo?
    No, just a typo. I didn't think it looked right, but I didn't look it up to confirm that her family name is "Ciccone".

Perhaps the Freudian thought I had in typing it that way was that someone with so much self-interest and ego couldn't possibly have only one "i" in her last name.
    "Skating fans are not a patient bunch." Dragonlady

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314