4 5.48%
  • Polina Korobeinikova RUS

24 32.88%
  • Hae-Jin Kim KOR

11 15.07%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    I have to agree that Risa Shoji was robbed gold. I dont understand how Hick's PCS was not affected by her falls. She took at least a couple of seconds to get back to the music after her first fall and she lost a considerable amount of dynamic-ism after her second fall. Sure, her program looked harder because it was faster and more upbeat than Shoji's but Shoji backed her program with musicality instead of choppy skip jumps between elements. I do have to say that Hick's has better flow out of her jumps but hits some pretty bad positions in spins (i.e. her lazy looking donut spin, sloppy bielmann). OTOH, I can't say she didn't do a good job because she did do well. Her jumps looked quite nice and she started the program listening the piece very well.

But, maybe, I'm arguing about the difference between a level 3 and level 4 step sequence...

vCash
    Naked Ice agrees with the "wuzrobbed" sentiment...

http://thenakedice.blogspot.com/2011...es-review.html

ITA. I'm sorry but Risa was by far much better than Courtney IMO. I think she got robbed here too.

Title-less
    vCash
    Admit it
    Hicks won coz judge panel thought she was sasha

vCash
    ^^The only way they could possibly think that was if they were horribly blind! Aside from the coach, she and Sasha share NO similarities...

vCash
    Well Risa lost because of under-rotated jumps. That cost her a lot of points. She would have won if not for that.

Title-less
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    ^^The only way they could possibly think that was if they were horribly blind! Aside from the coach, she and Sasha share NO similarities...
    That's only because she forgot to wear a Sasha dress this time. Oh, she needed to play Juliet for the long program.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    Well Risa lost because of under-rotated jumps. That cost her a lot of points. She would have won if not for that.
    Additionally, Courtney received Level 4's on all her spins and her step sequence. That helped her clinch the win as well, IMO.

I will say that Courtney is a victim of the over-the-boot tight. It would probably improve her line drastically if she were to ditch them.

vCash
    I do like Hae Jin's skating. Pretty artistic for a young skater, but I'm certain she won't survive the puberty monster. Her jump technique is somewhat reminiscent of Kimmie's, namely the head looking down at the ice before the jump. She also makes lots of edge changes before her jump entrances and the body weight in the wrong places really don't help her future skating prospects.., :/ We'll see though.

As for Vanessa's LP particularly, I wish she would learn different entraces to her jumps. Seeing them time and time again is annoying. Another thing is I wished skaters could stop recycling the same footwork sequences for the SP and the LP. THE MUSIC IS FRICKIN DIFFERENT FOR BOTH PROGRAMS. HAVING THE SAME FOOTWORK SEQUENCE FOR BOTH PROGRAMS MAKE NO SENSE.

vCash
    Hi, I just looked at the mens FS protocol and I saw Oliver Porter (AUS) get credit for a 1S+1S+3S<< which had a base value of 2.10. I didn't know you could do that. Also how do you calculate its base value?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sequinsgalore View Post
    Hi, I just looked at the mens FS protocol and I saw Oliver Porter (AUS) get credit for a 1S+1S+3S<< which had a base value of 2.10. I didn't know you could do that. Also how do you calculate its base value?
    Oh 1s +1S +3s, is very likely 1s+1t+3t<<
    ETA:
    on further viewing it seems like he tried to take of twice and then tried a 3s. Anyway that was a costly mistake since that counted as his 3rd combo and he got zero points for his 2lz+2t. i would be interested in knowing about 1s+1s+3s<< explanation as well. may be Slyvia could help us.
    Last edited by Domshabfan; 09-10-2011 at 04:04 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sequinsgalore View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Domshabfan View Post
    on further viewing it seems like he tried to take of twice and then tried a 3s. Anyway that was a costly mistake since that counted as his 3rd combo and he got zero points for his 2lz+2t. i would be interested in knowing about 1s+1s+3s<< explanation as well. may be Slyvia could help us.
    I'll try. Just watched Porter's FS video and he attempted a planned entry of two half Salchows (left back inside edge takeoff, landing on left back inside edge) leading directly into his 3S attempt. The half Salchows, like half loops, are counted as single revolution jumps (1S) with a base value of 0.4. So 0.4+0.4+1.3 (base value of 3S<< is 2S) = 2.10. At least now he knows he will have to change this entry into his second 3S for it to be credited as a solo jump.

You can refer to a chart of the current jump base values/scale of values - link is posted in this thread in GSD: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=80060
    Last edited by Sylvia; 09-11-2011 at 05:58 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12