vCash

TX Fair Deep Fried Food Finalists

For the fun of it on this Labor Day, the finalists for the Texas State Fair Fried Food contest. Deep fried bubble gum? Why???? Worse than deep fried butter in my estimation

http://www.pegasusnews.com/news/2011...s-awards-2011/

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    wweelllll ..... me thinks that the deep fried butter sounds very tasty and I wishes I could try some.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post
    wweelllll ..... me thinks that the deep fried butter sounds very tasty and I wishes I could try some.

So would I but, apply directly to hips!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post

I saw this on The View last week. Sounded horrible, looked horrible but they said it tasted great.

One vendor said he makes so much during the three weeks of the Fair, he doesn't work the rest of the year.

That's a lot of grease.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    The deep fried Texas salsa sounds really good ...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk9tingfan View Post
    F Deep fried bubble gum? Why???? Worse than deep fried butter in my estimation
    It's actually bubble gum flavored marshmallow that is dipped in batter and lightly fried. So it actually sounds better than frying actual bubble gum

vCash
    It really is a different country.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    It's actually bubble gum flavored marshmallow that is dipped in batter and lightly fried. So it actually sounds better than frying actual bubble gum
    I'd be curious to try that since I now know it's a marshmallow.

I agree that the salsa sounds really good. The pineapple upside down cake really appeals to me as well.
    Logic is in the eye of the logician --Gloria Steinem

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Fair food: there's a reason Fair comes but once a year. (Actually best thing I had at the county fair this year was a steak tip dinner. $9! Enough I had leftovers for lunch the next day!) I passed on the deep fried Twinkie, though. Had a funnel cake.

The deep-fried "salsa" (actually just sounds like vegetables in a ball) sounds really good, actually...

Loving on babies!
    vCash
    Went for the first time to the Reno rib cookoff a few days ago (yes, have been living here for years and years and never been; don't eat pork and don't like crowds). Had fried pickles and fried green tomatoes with a friend (the pickles were awesome; the tomatoes, not much flavor, the dang the dipping sauces were good)
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.~W. C. Fields

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by danceronice View Post
    Fair food: there's a reason Fair comes but once a year. (Actually best thing I had at the county fair this year was a steak tip dinner. $9! Enough I had leftovers for lunch the next day!) I passed on the deep fried Twinkie, though. Had a funnel cake.

The deep-fried "salsa" (actually just sounds like vegetables in a ball) sounds really good, actually...
    I had a deep fried twinkie at the MN state fair this year. My friends and I split it, but it was surprisingly delicious. I think my heart cried though.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Scintillation View Post
    I had a deep fried twinkie at the MN state fair this year. My friends and I split it, but it was surprisingly delicious. I think my heart cried though.
    I tried deep-fried oreos last year. They were actually not in fact bad, though like beignets the powered sugar was kind of messy. But I think I'm STILL full. So I feared the twinkie this time and went for a funnel cake instead.

vCash
    I'd like me some of that deep fried pineapple upside down cake, or Autumn Pie!