Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Who is Johnny talking about?

Excuse my ignorance, but who is this amazing jumper that Johnny tweeted about here?

Johnny Weir: "Yuzuru-kun is amazing. Quad toeloop-tap-Triple Axel. Unbelievable Fantasy on Ice shows. Thank you Niigata! We love you Japan!"

A quad into a 3 axel?

vCash
    Johnny is referring to Yuzuru Hanyu, of Japan. He can also do a sequence of triple Axels!

vCash
    Yuzuru Hanyu, aka: amazing!

vCash
    Japanese male skater Yuzuru Hanyu.He can jump 4T,4S,3A and some out of the world combos so easily

I think he can be the best jumper in the decade

vCash
    When will we in US get a chance to see him?

vCash
    Thank you. Does he have springs for legs? He is a pretty amazing jumper. Looking forward to seeing more of him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lacey View Post
    When will we in US get a chance to see him?
    He has a big chance to go to the GPF in Canada,maybe people from the USA can go there if he attend?

vCash
    Hanyu is very, very talented skater, he has the jumps and so much more. I think he is 17 or 18 years of age (maybe younger). I believe he will be contender for a medal in Sochi for sure.

vCash
    He is 16. It would be amazing if he made it to the GPF. I would love to see him skate live.

vCash
    Amazing. He's great!

vCash
    Looks like a beautiful skater. Gorgeous technique on that axel.
    I guess the hard thing for a lot of people to accept is why God would allow me to go running through their yards, yelling and spinning around.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kittyjake5 View Post
    Hanyu is very, very talented skater, he has the jumps and so much more. I think he is 17 or 18 years of age (maybe younger). I believe he will be contender for a medal in Sochi for sure.
    Yes, as Roxanne wrote, he is 16 and will turn 17 during the season (in December, IIRC). I don't get to watch much junior skating so the first time I saw him was at 2009 Junior Worlds, and though he finished outside the top 10, it was clear he was someone to watch. At the time I thought he was too young too be a contender in time for Sochi, but he's improved so rapidly that I now think he might just do it. It's definitely not just the jumps.

I have read that his asthma can cause problems for him, and I hope that, as well as what must have been a difficult experience during and after the earthquake, won't have too much of an adverse effect on him.

vCash
    Incredible triple axels. Wow. That would be very cool to see in an eligible program.

vCash
    Love Love Yuzuru-kun, my pick for Sochi medalist - even hopefully gold

He has show great musicality, has a graceful expressive presence on ice that will only age better with time. Yazuru has shown great mature attitude and seem a great guy off ice as well (Not to mention very cute )

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    I have read that his asthma can cause problems for him, and I hope that, as well as what must have been a difficult experience during and after the earthquake, won't have too much of an adverse effect on him.
    Here's the link to an article thread posted back in April: Yuzuru Hanyu: "I was terrified of the natural disaster"

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MikiAndoFan#1 View Post
    Johnny is referring to Yuzuru Hanyu, of Japan. He can also do a sequence of triple Axels!
    Wow!! Yes, sir I'll take some more!
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    Wow!! Yes, sir I'll take some more!
    Here's the complete "Romeo & Juliet" (1996 film soundtrack) program with the 3A+3A sequence: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvf0KIEvryo

Is this a new exhibition by Hanyu? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8dqQPGU3ig
    ETA: OK I found out this exhibition took place in early January 2011 -- link to the thread with more info: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=76830

Hanyu's 2011 Four Continents 3rd place FS with 4T (silver medal): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_FzGuz3Th0
    Last edited by Sylvia; 09-05-2011 at 09:03 PM.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Who IS this guy?? Superb basics, amazing tech, outstanding artistry and oodles of on-ice charisma. Have I died and gone to FS heaven???
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    There have been a couple of posts that suggest that Hanyu might be the third Japanese man this year. I hope that Kozuka's silver at Worlds last year and his increasing confidence means that it will be a battle between Oda and Hanyu.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Wow -- great exhibition. He doesn't look in the least juniorish, and I like his skating more than Oda's. I hope his competition nerves are good.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast