Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Okay, so my photos are set to be seen (with a few exceptions) by Friends only. So how did a friend of a friend manage to like two of my photos? I've been back through my settings and everything is as it should be.

Grrr.

vCash
    sorry

vCash
    Did you tag your friend in the photos? I'm noticing that I'm seeing a lot of photos lately whereby I'm *not* friends with the person who's album they are in; however, I am friends with the person tagged. In that case, I can only see the pictures that are tagged with my friend, not all the photos in that album. I'm not sure what settings would control this.

vCash
    The friend is not tagged in the photo; I thought maybe that's what it was as well.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChelleC View Post
    I always have the chat turned off, so no one can tell if I'm on facebook.
    I haven't done that yet, but I wonder about people who start chats...but have nothing to say. I refuse to carry a conversation which someone else starts. So it often dies an awkward death!

Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post
    Uhm .. yes. Just make it up like I did.

I used a real city and zip (where I lived in high school), but everything else, including my name, is fake. I just wanted to see what Facebook was all about w/o having to actually be on it.
    Sometimes when I have to sign up for something which requires a city and a postal code, I'll use Beverly Hills as the city because then I don't have to look up what the postal code is.

what a glorious day!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard View Post
    So how did a friend of a friend manage to like two of my photos? I've been back through my settings and everything is as it should be.

Grrr.
    Facebook announces that I have uploaded photos and I don't know how to change the settings so it will stop. Sometimes people comment on the photos, but I don't remember if the comments originate from Friends or friends of Friends.

It's been a long time since I have uploaded photos, and photos of my family do not appear on my Facebook. Paybacks and all that....

vCash
    With the new changes on FB, look at your privacy and security settings again and make sure they are the way you want. PeterG-block yourself from chat, or I'll bug you every day.
    You can make sure that your pics are not visable if you like.
    The changes are annoying, but managable.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard View Post
    The friend is not tagged in the photo; I thought maybe that's what it was as well.
    Did the friend "Share" your photo on her own wall? That would allow her friends to see it.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    I have a question about tagging of photos. I thought tagging was about when there is a group photo on someone else's page, and you are in that photo. You tag yourself in that photo so that it appears on your own facebook page.

My question is about people who tag photos of mine in which no one appears (it's a scenic shot, or a picture at an event, etc.). Why do people tag themselves in pictures like this? And sometimes people tag an item in a photo in which I appear. I don't get this, it seems strange to me. Any explanations?

Quote Originally Posted by Sparks View Post
    PeterG-block yourself from chat, or I'll bug you every day.
    That is not possible. :smooch:

Loving on babies!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post

My question is about people who tag photos of mine in which no one appears (it's a scenic shot, or a picture at an event, etc.). Why do people tag themselves in pictures like this? And sometimes people tag an item in a photo in which I appear. I don't get this, it seems strange to me. Any explanations?
    I think sometimes people do that when they want to make sure you see the photo for some reason. My mom does that to me, tagging me in pictures of my cousin's kids and stuff. Yeah, I have no kids. Whatever.
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.~W. C. Fields

vCash
    If I want to make sure someone sees a particular photo (like when I got a picture of my friend's cat totally stoned on 'nip), I tag them so they get notified.

vCash
    Me again. So my news feed is a mess, and I can't figure out how to see the most recent stuff. It's just giving me the "top" stories. Help!

vCash
    ^^^

In the same situation as PL, I think it's the new facebook changes though. Extremely annoying.
    'Life's hard. It's even harder when you're stupid.'--John Wayne

vCash
    I know. I've managed to get rid of some crap it considered a "top" story, but I liked the feature where I could just see the most recent status updates. I have no idea why they would get rid of that.....

vCash
    WTF happened to Facebook today? And how to I get the status updates back?
    "awwww....shades of Janet Lynn" - Dick Button on anyone who makes more than one mistake in their program.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiery View Post
    My issue with facebook is that so many people I don't want to communicate with-family members, neighbors, ex-boyfriends, stalkers, perverts, and FSU members all seem to want to to be "friends" and know whenever I'm on the site.
    This is EXACTLY why I closed my account - these exact same reasons. And before I did, I made a point of letting everyone know this.

And some sites these days won't allow you to register unless you use your Facebook account. I don't think that is a good idea at all - folks tend to like the anonymity of the Internet, and Facebook all but ruins that.

Two places! Atlanta suburbs and in the North Georgia Mountains
    vCash
    This new Facebook is a mess! Who are they to "decide" what my "top stories" are? And the feed keeps jumping up to the top of the page....maybe that's just a temporary glitch, but I sure don't like it. I use Facebook a lot for my work with the ballet, and all our little dancers are on it, and I have to keep tabs on them to make sure they aren't using the f word and etc on it. Seriously! It is a good marketing tool for selling tickets and keeping up interest.

I do not like this new format.

vCash
    Waking up to these annoying changes is awful!

vCash
    I've always been a facebook defender and I think it's a great tool for keeping touch with people, but these new changes are getting to be a bit much. The window where you actually see your profile is now even narrower due to that newsfeed sidebar. There's also some bug going on with the photos. I tried to add photos to the page of an event I attended and the only way was to add them one by one - annoying! I tagged myself in them but those photos don't show up among the tagged photos on my profile or in the photo strip above the profile. No idea why. Why do they need to make changes every two months????

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast