Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Daughter's Facebook Brag Costs Her Family $80,000

Call it the biggest Facebook mistake ever. A daughter’s snarky status update has cost her father the $80,000 settlement he won in an age-discrimination lawsuit.
    The daughters facebook post? “Gulliver is now officially paying for my vacation to Europe this summer. SUCK IT.”

But not since the confidentiality agreement has been broken, the ruling was overturned and it's unlikely the Snay family will be seeing any of the money they won. I love the very last line of the article:

Oh, and that European vacation? Probably not happening now.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    I've seen that story, and while they should have been careful in what they told their daughter, I'm at a loss how they could have avoided telling her anything about it.

The status update was idiotic, but considering her age, I can't say I'm surprised. I don't have much sympathy for the lost vacation, but if there really was age discrimination against her father, then having the school get out of paying for it isn't something to applaud, either.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Lately my newsfeed has changed (grown!!!!) as now I'm being notified by every "like" every friend is making. It takes SO long to go through my feed now. How do I not get all these "likes" from everyone on my page?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    Lately my newsfeed has changed (grown!!!!) as now I'm being notified by every "like" every friend is making. It takes SO long to go through my feed now. How do I not get all these "likes" from everyone on my page?
    How am I not your friend on FB ?

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    You can turn it off, but it's not easy. One way to do it is for each friend individually -- click on the friend in question, and on the person's page there's button that says "Friends" (next to their avatar & name). Uncheck "Get Notifications." You'll stop seeing their likes, but you'll still get their posts.

The other way is if you have friends tagged as "Close Friends" -- go to your settings, then "Notifications," then "Close friend activity," and change to off.

in my underground bunker plotting your downfall
    vCash
    Candy Crush Saga no longer loads on my Facebook. I can get it on my Kindle but not on Facebook. It's been like that for several days. I looked in a help forum and other people are having the same problem but nobody has a solution. Stupid game; I waste far too much time on it but I'm ahead of all my cousins who play.
    When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming." I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed."
    Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says W T F

vCash
    I am ignorant about Facebook, kind of fell into it in haste, so this might be a dumb question. I posted originally under my first and married name, now I want to change my name to include my maiden name. Does anyone know how to change one's name?

vCash
    ^^

On right-hand side of your Facebook screen, click on the arrow at the top and then click on settings, name, edit.
    When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming." I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed."

vCash
    I don't play any games on FB....no time cause I'm too busy with figure skating videos, interviews, blogs, etc. How do I turn off the notifications of what scores/levels my friends have achieved?

Is there any way to turn off invites to play games? Thanks for any help. I find all the game stuff most annoying!

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maureenfarone View Post
    I don't play any games on FB....no time cause I'm too busy with figure skating videos, interviews, blogs, etc. How do I turn off the notifications of what scores/levels my friends have achieved?

Is there any way to turn off invites to play games? Thanks for any help. I find all the game stuff most annoying!
    You can block app invites in your settings, under Blocking. I'm not sure if that also turns off seeing their scores, but if you turn off notifications that will (see my post further up this page in response to PeterG about notifications).

I agree that game requests are incredibly annoying -- but unless you tell people you don't want to play you can't expect them to read your mind, so I give folks a 2 strikes and you're out. Of course you can always try posting this on your wall and see who pays attention.

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    I block any game I get a request from. I give people a pass because some games trick you into sending out requests when you don't realize that's what the game is doing. But some of my FB friends are somewhat notorious for sending me requests and those I set up so I don't see anything from them as they also tend to be the people who post drivel anyway.
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

vCash
    I just block the invites. I don't defriend people because of it.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maureenfarone View Post
    With game requests you now have the option to not only block all future requests in regards to that specific game, but to block all future requests from that person. I can't remember exactly how to do it, but it's fairly simple when you open up that request section in the column at the left side of your page. I think it's the section called Invites?? I've pretty much blocked every game and every person who has sent be a game request, so I luckily don't have to deal with that much anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis@BC View Post
    Of course you can always try posting this on your wall and see who pays attention.
    I love this one!

vCash
    I play two games with my cousins but never send out invites to others. I've blocked most game apps but will sometimes receive an invite from somebody. I ignore the requests but don't block the friend. If somebody posts a score on my wall to let me know they beat my score, I just delete it. It doesn't happen often so it doesn't annoy me when it does.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213