Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    We're supposed to be getting some music thingies this week; whether it will be music players or what, I don't know. But according to an article I read, we will wake up to that one day very soon.
    They're having their f8 conference today. Supposedly they're having social listening via Spotify and Rhapsody. And some kind of integration with Netflix. My friend works at Facebook New York and the music part is his favorite new feature. I don't like any features on Facebook though. I just like to get on and see what people are doing and look at pictures.
    Smoke a ciggy and have some fun!!!

vCash
    For those interested, This Is My Next has a livestream as well as individual reports on the new changes.
    http://thisismynext.com

Timeline is going to be beta for now but we should get the music services soon. Netflix integration is nixed at least temporarily in the US, weirdly enough.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    this round of changes is not as jarring as the last major shift (I still am at them for moving the notification icon from the bottom right tot he top left of the screeen, so that it's only visible/usable if you scroll all the way to the top). I really hope if they add a music feature it's only for the user - as in, I could set music that I hear when I am on FB, but NOT so that everyone who clicks on my profile would hear. I never used myspace because the crappy designs and the blaring music made for a really dreadful experience 99% of the time.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Well, now that they changed FB again, here's something else you can do to go back to a normal looking news feed, plus eliminate the scrolling feed on the upper right.

Just create an "all news" list and add all your friends to it. Then when you go to FB, click on that list and your FB looks normal.
    Give me one more quiet night, before this loud morning gets it right, and does me in.
    ~DC

Demon Barber
    vCash
    The look of fb is the least of my concerns if the general gist is the same. What I don't like...from what I can tell thus far:

1) Any comments I make on my own content (comments/photos/et al) puts that comment back to the top of my friends' feeds? How annoying. This feature makes me want to use fb less b/c I don't need every single comment I make broadcast to all my friends. Sorry friends! I really don't think I'm that important. Especially with photos being huuge now. People can change their subscription options on me to change this, but I wish there was a way to change what I broadcast vs people electing to change what they see.

2) You can't untag photos. (time to turn on the tag review setting!)

3) Any time I tag my friends in photos, their friends can now see that photo and comment on it, despite that album being set to my friends only. I don't think there's a way to change that.

That feed thing on the right is fb on crack, but I had to enlarge my screen to relieve the strain on my eyes a few upgrades ago so it's pretty much off my screen. Easy for me to ignore.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Village Idiot View Post
    2) You can't untag photos. (time to turn on the tag review setting!)
    There's a new "Report/Remove Tag" option underneath the pictures, slightly on the right, below "Tag this photo", "Download" and "Make Profile Picture".

Demon Barber
    vCash
    Ah, thanks!

vCash
    deleted. I was wrong.
    Last edited by El Rey; 09-23-2011 at 10:02 PM.
    Smoke a ciggy and have some fun!!!

vCash
    Now say I upload a picture that is set so only my friends can view it. If my friend comments on my picture will THEIR friend (who is NOT my friend) be able to see the picture? I have all my photos set to "friends only" so you would think that it would stay that way but now... ???

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    It's so nice of facebook to decide for me what's most important for me to view instead of letting me choose "Most Recent"....

Another glitch I'm experiencing, wondering if anyone else is as well. I move down the page and am reading something half-way down the page and in the blink of an eye I'm bumped up to the top of the page and need to scroll my way back down to where I had gotten to. Sometimes this happens multiple times, which takes a while to read through all the posts made since my last log-in...
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Can someone tell me how put someone (or a group of someones) on limited settings? I want to have some people be able to see very little (pretty much nothing) but I don't want to unfriend, and I can't work out how to do it!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelskates View Post
    Can someone tell me how put someone (or a group of someones) on limited settings? I want to have some people be able to see very little (pretty much nothing) but I don't want to unfriend, and I can't work out how to do it!
    When you post, click on the icon next to the blue post tab. It will give you the option to make who can see the post "custom", then you can choose a list off the new lists FB has allowed you to create, or you can post to "friends except..." and add those names. Once you do the second a few times, that should be a custom option for you. I do that to exclude a cousin's husband who posts nasty, vulgar sexual stuff as a response to everything--because if I unfriend him, his wife is likely to be offended. I also use a smaller custom list frequently.

To create a custom list, click on the "more" tab next to lists on the left side of your homepage and it will take you to a screen where you can create a list.

vCash
    So PD, I do have to do it for every post now? It used to be I could have a limited profile list of people and tick what I wanted them to see.

vCash
    How do I make an "all news" list? I want my facebook to look normal!

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Michalle View Post
    I believe that facebook has decided for you how your page should look. Now you don't have to make any difficult decisions, because someone is doing it for you. Whew!

/sarcasm
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    I don't understand why people other than my friends can put my name in the find bar and see my wall insofar as things I have posted on public forums (animal rescue groups, restaurants, etc.). That scags me out...several exes I don't want knowing ANYTHING about me or my life. Is this fixable? I tried to read the help section until my eyes bled, but I find FB help very unhelpful.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelskates View Post
    I just discovered that I can manage what I see with lists. Create your list, select the list on the left hand side of the page, manage lists and select or "de-select" the updates to show.
    And you can do the same thing with friends. Hover over their name, go to the "subscribed" selection and "de-select" those things you do not want to see.

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Michalle View Post
    You don't have to make a list. You can select the "recent news" link to jump down to the part of the page that has the regular news feed and then there are settings to control what you see there.
    "Cupcakes are bullshit. And everyone knows it. A cupcake is just a muffin with clown puke topping." -Charlie Brooker

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by numbers123 View Post
    I just discovered that I can manage what I see with lists. Create your list, select the list on the left hand side of the page, manage lists and select or "de-select" the updates to show.
    And you can do the same thing with friends. Hover over their name, go to the "subscribed" selection and "de-select" those things you do not want to see.
    Can people see the lists I create? I don't want anyone seeing if they're on a "you suck" list

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast