vCash

"When Calls the Heart" on Hallmark

Is anyone else watching this nice little series? I know that it is a little too sweet at times, but with so many negative shows on TV, this is a welcome break for me. It takes place in 1910 and is the story of a wealthy, college-educated Canadian young woman who ventures into a coal-mining town to teach the children. Although quite out of her element, she is commited to becoming part of the community, and to providing a good education to her students.

I love the chemistry between the main character, Elizabeth Thatcher, and the mountie Jack Thornton.

If anyone needs to take a break from many violent shows or those with mean main characters, you might find this sweet little series a breath of fresh air. It is on Saturday nights, and all episodes to date are on "On Demand" (wihtout commercials) if you have Xfinity.

If you watch it, please post your thoughts!

vCash
    I'm enjoying it. I saw the original movie and was pleased when they made it into a series (even with the cast change.) I hope they have a second season.
    They have repeats on the Hallmark Channel webpage, but they are only up for a couple weeks. There's also information on the show's Facebook Page - When Calls the Heart TV Series
    Never mess with a geocacher. We know the best places to hide a body....

Tranquillo
    vCash
    I saw the original movie, missed the first few episodes but caught the last few. It's just my speed after a long, stressful day.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    Some of my favorite moments so far (SPOILERS from the first 7 episodes)

The story of Mary Dunbar, Caleb Dunbar, and Dewitt Graves(sp?) Very sweet, despite being a little sad. I hope we see more of them.

Abigail's venture into the cafe. This could turn into a great long-term storyline, for her and for the many characters who might eat or work there. I hope it does.

I really had to laugh when Jack sought Abigail's advice by using the metaphor of a bear warning a deer about a skunk. When Abigail discreetly used used Jack's own analogies to help him understand about the why the "deer" was still upset and what the "bear" could do, he got confused about his own metaphor. So Abigail had to "translate" the animals back into the real people.

I love any scene in which the normally intelligent and articulate Jack becomes a bumbling, stumbling fool when trying to explain his feelings to Elizabeth. Very funny and charming.

I'm looking forward to the next epsiode!