View Poll Results: How did you become a Synchro.?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • I joined by following the footsteps of a Family Member.

0 0%
  • A synchronized Skating Team took me right on after just being asked to skate for 1 Day.

1 20.00%
  • My coach suggested that I was just good enough.

0 0%
  • Other

4 80.00%
    vCash

How did you first become a Synchronized Skater?

Say,I've been interested to know how all our Synchronized Skaters on this Board became Synchronized Skaters? I mean...did you have a Synchro. in your family and wanted to follow in their footsteps? Did a Team invite you as a person they just asked to skate with them for a Day and you turned out in the end to be so compatable (sorry if I spelled that wrong) they decided to let you join as a full-fledged Member? Did you coach suggest it? How DID you become one? You may include your Team name. But it is optional.
    Last edited by FSWer; 09-02-2011 at 08:19 PM.

vCash
    Heh, I got roped into it. I was at a public session (this was just prior to my starting LTS in my current location, after doing some LTS years back, so I was relatively steady on the ice, although not great) and two of the other adults on the session sidled up to me and introduced themselves and invited me to skate. . . At the time I'd never even heard of synchronized skating.

vCash
    A friend wanted to start a new team and she needed members. I did synchro for only one year.

vCash
    I was bored of doing dances by myself and decided to try something new.
    The next year a good friend started a team which I think I will be a part of for the rest of my life! There are 5 of us original skaters on the team this year. Some come and go but there's a "core" of us who always end up coming back and will be on our death beds and still thinking about how to get to the rink!