Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    ciocioworld
    Posts
    578
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0

    Pro-Plushy revisions to COP = Plushy doing a lot of quads?

    Quote Originally Posted by lily View Post
    Hehe, according to his own tweets his health is not so bad
    http://twitter.com/#!/EvgeniPlushenk...84361681866752
    He says that today it was hard for him to wake up because he did so many 4T yesterday and skated his short program.
    Sorry, I couldn´t help myself!!!

    Now, we have a Plushy thread too. If you have news, or you just want to troll his mullet, please, post here!

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada
    Posts
    760
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Oh, if only he tweeted in English! LOL Not much use in me following him.

    But .... I'm always up for a Plush thread.

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    ciocioworld
    Posts
    578
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Sally1214 View Post
    Oh, if only he tweeted in English! LOL Not much use in me following him.

    But .... I'm always up for a Plush thread.
    You can follow @PlushenkoNews, they translate his tweets.

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    256
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Anti-Lysacek revisions to COP = Lysacek doing quads?
    vs
    Pro-Plushy revisions to COP = Plushy doing a lot of quads?

    Yes. It's a never ending story.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,257
    vCash
    289
    Rep Power
    40472


    at the thread title!


    Looking forward to seeing his new programs and hearing his new music (although I've been hearing some FRIGHTENING rumours about the music - please Plushy in the name of anything that might even be a tiny bit holy, please do not not not not not do Tango de Roxanne! )

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    ciocioworld
    Posts
    578
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post


    at the thread title!


    Looking forward to seeing his new programs and hearing his new music (although I've been hearing some FRIGHTENING rumours about the music - please Plushy in the name of anything that might even be a tiny bit holy, please do not not not not not do Tango de Roxanne! )
    Tango de Roxanne?:rofl
    Please, NO!!!!!!

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,125
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ciocio View Post
    Tango de Roxanne?:rofl
    Please, NO!!!!!!

    Judging from his lip pursing in 2010 it would Tango de Jersey Shore.....


    If that doesn't scare you then nothing will.

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    South of New York City
    Posts
    2,062
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    These online video featurettes strike me as the figure skating version of pre-season trash talk, lol. "Oh yeah, well look at MY quad!"

  9. #9
    YEAH!
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Worshipping Grebenkina...
    Posts
    13,798
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    11008
    His SP? So is he actually planning to compete or is he just teasing us?

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Quadland
    Posts
    6,272
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    3052
    Yeah it's a clever way of making fun of my thread title.

    I forgot it looks like he is going to be a the test skates tomorrow and Monday. I thought maybe he would mark the jumps but maybe he's going to do them.

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Gwyneth Paltrow Fan Club headquarters
    Posts
    17,261
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    28790
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyedwards View Post
    Yeah it's a clever way of making fun of my thread title.
    No sh*t, Sherlock.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Quadland
    Posts
    6,272
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    3052
    That's what I said!

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada
    Posts
    760
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ciocio View Post
    You can follow @PlushenkoNews, they translate his tweets.
    Thanks! I'll do that.

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,257
    vCash
    289
    Rep Power
    40472
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    His SP? So is he actually planning to compete or is he just teasing us?
    Apparently he tweeted earlier that he was going to skate JSM instead of his SP because the SP needed a few final touches or something like that.

    I personally think he's enjoying torturing his fans

    But there was a warmup video posted and he did a very beautiful 3Lz with some cool turns coming out of it (LOL TRANSITIONS! SHOCK HORROR HAHAHA), he looked very good, very fit, and he did mention the other day that he'd just gone for the final fitting of his LP costume.

    So my guess is that we'll definitely see him at RN (I heard somewhere he's also doing JO again, but as an eligible skater this year obviously ). And I have a feeling that if he qualifies at RN he'll take his spot at Euros and maybe Worlds. We'll see.



    EDIT: *headdesk* Forgot the link.

    Warmup video (who's that doing the loop in the opening bit? Gachinsky?)

    http://yfrog.com/nghv8z
    Last edited by misskarne; 09-03-2011 at 02:07 PM. Reason: forgot the video link

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Age
    53
    Posts
    10,451
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    20970
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    Apparently he tweeted earlier that he was going to skate JSM instead of his SP because the SP needed a few final touches or something like that.
    I think I could figure out what RN and JO are that you mention later on, but what the heck is JSM?

  16. #16

    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    My old Kentucky home, far away
    Age
    37
    Posts
    4,429
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    5515
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    EDIT: *headdesk* Forgot the link.

    Warmup video (who's that doing the loop in the opening bit? Gachinsky?)

    http://yfrog.com/nghv8z

    I think you have the wrong link, he's just combing his hair in that one.
    'Life's hard. It's even harder when you're stupid.'--John Wayne

  17. #17

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,257
    vCash
    289
    Rep Power
    40472
    Quote Originally Posted by gkelly View Post
    I think I could figure out what RN and JO are that you mention later on, but what the heck is JSM?
    Je Suis Malade - his go-to EX (he first did it as his ex at Euros 2010 I think, and has done it many, many, many, many, many times since. Too many times.)

    Quote Originally Posted by ChelleC View Post
    I think you have the wrong link, he's just combing his hair in that one.
    http://yfrog.com/nghv8z

    Hmm...certainly worked when I clicked on it.

  18. #18

    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Age
    53
    Posts
    10,451
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    20970
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    Je Suis Malade - his go-to EX (he first did it as his ex at Euros 2010 I think, and has done it many, many, many, many, many times since. Too many times.)
    So you are, indeed, talking in code understood by other die-hard Plushenko fans and not attempting to communicate with regular old skating fans who might venture into this thread out of interest in what Plushenko is up to.

  19. #19

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Quadland
    Posts
    6,272
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    3052
    He has done JSM a lot but it was first done at the Olympics exhib. He had the same costume at Euros but not the same music.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRWQzQ6OPnY

  20. #20
    YEAH!
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Worshipping Grebenkina...
    Posts
    13,798
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    11008
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    So my guess is that we'll definitely see him at RN (I heard somewhere he's also doing JO again, but as an eligible skater this year obviously ). And I have a feeling that if he qualifies at RN he'll take his spot at Euros and maybe Worlds. We'll see.
    Japan Open is a good idea. It's not a "real" competition so it's ok if he doesn't do well (IMO), but it should give him a way to measure where he is compared to other eligible skaters (like losing to Rippon last year, erm, not a great thing). IMO not competing against the top Asian/NA skaters during the Olympic season hurt him. He was far ahead of the skaters at CoR, Russian Nats, and Euros, but maybe competing against a Lysacek or Oda early on would've pushed him to add a second quad.


    Quote Originally Posted by gkelly
    So you are, indeed, talking in code understood by other die-hard Plushenko fans and not attempting to communicate with regular old skating fans who might venture into this thread out of interest in what Plushenko is up to.
    I am a die-hard Plushenko fan and I didn't know what JSM meant either. I think when you're so used to posting about a certain topic you tend to use acronyms without thinking.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •