vCash

2011 Grand Prix Final Schedule Question

I know the schedule for the GP Final in Quebec City hasn't been announced yet; but I'm wondering if anyone who has attended a GPF in the past, can tell me whether there is usually actual competition on the Thursday or whether it is like the other Grand Prix events - with Thurs. being a practise day and the competition happening Fri-Sun, incl.

The reason I'm asking is because Porter Airlines is have a 50%-off sale on right now (have to book by Sept. 7th and fly by Dec. 15th). At the moment, I can't even access the Porter site. It seems to have crashed ... probably due to so many people trying to book flights. However, when I DO manage to get on the Porter site, I don't know whether to book for a flight on Wed. or Thurs. I don't usually attend the practices, so I would just like to arrive the night before the actual competition starts and save the cost of one night at a hotel.

I know this event encompasses both the Jr. and Sr. GPF, so I don't know if they can still get that all in by starting actual competition on Friday.

Can anyone give me their "best guess?" Thanks so much.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Here is the schedule from last year. I imagine it's not going to be too different.

http://www.isuresults.com/results/gpf1011/
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Thanks a lot.