Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Miss Universe Pageant

It's happening Sept. 12th in Brazil.

Any favorites?
    What will be the controversy, this year?

I've looked at some of the contestants pictures, and most of them seem too thin. Miss USA is incredibly thin and looks like she's lost more than a couple of pounds since she won USA.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Not surprising that there are so many beautiful women, but I love how there are some serious noses that haven't been chopped to death, and the shots of them don't try to hide it.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    I can't even remember who won Miss USA, but I will definitely be here and actively participating in the snark. Does anyone know whether it is going to air on the real NBC or on one of the cable stations?

ETA: Checked out some of the photos. It's hard to get a good lock at any of them the way they have them posed, but if I had to choose a winner based just on those photos, it'd be between Angola and Guyana. I really like Jamaica, Honduras, and Ghana too. Turks & Caicos and Ukraine both caught my eye with their head shots, but in the other shots both have bad makeup and awkward poses that don't flatter them at all.
    Last edited by LuckyCharm; 09-01-2011 at 02:57 AM.

Not 'Boxxy'!
    vCash
    On the real NBC on Monday, Sept. 12 (must not intefere with Sunday Night Football).

Miss California won Miss USA. She has/had red (auburn?) hair.

vCash

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Yes. But mostly I am looking forward to the snarks on FSU.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    I'm looking forward to it more than I should, probably. I have to look a little more at the contestants, but Miss USA is a definite semifinalist and probable finalist. She is the best candidate that we have put forth since Shandi Finnessey in 2004.

vCash
    Miss Ghana was once Miss Minnesota 2009. She has dual citizenship. Miss Bahamas was Miss Florida 2009.

vCash
    I have no idea how on earth they choose amoung these young women. They all look gorgeous and accomplished to me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I have no idea how on earth they choose amoung these young women. They all look gorgeous and accomplished to me.

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by siouxdonym View Post
    That's true of course. But still I would vote for Argentina (perfect for soap operas), Curacao (modelling for sure), the Netherlands (classic blonde), etc.

vCash
    Why in the hell did they choose to put it on a Monday night? Should have put the show on Sunday night instead. I'll probably be working when it's on. Oh well.

Not 'Boxxy'!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sailornyanko View Post
    Why in the hell did they choose to put it on a Monday night? Should have put the show on Sunday night instead. I'll probably be working when it's on. Oh well.
    Sunday Night Football on the same network. Even the POTUS adjusts his schedule around football and figure skating. That said, I'm sure I've watched Miss Universe in the middle of the summer.....it's later this year.

vCash
    Umm... Sunday is September 11th. So not a day of celebration for pageants.

vCash
    So true.

vCash
    http://www.missuniverse.com/members/contestants
    Glam, close-up, evening gown shots :-)

vCash
    Dlisted reports that the luggage containing Miss Colombia's panties has obviously gotten lost en route to Brazil.

Warning: If you don't read Dlisted, please note that they use salty language and lots of snark.

Not 'Boxxy'!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Dlisted reports that the luggage containing Miss Colombia's panties has obviously gotten lost en route to Brazil.
    The show must go on! (Sasha Cohen borrowed someone's tights.....at the Olympics!)

vCash
    Gee, I wonder what that photo might be showing?

I can't click here at work, but I can read the link. "Hot Slut of the Day" on DListed can be highly or highly ... thinking it's the former this time. Hope she bikini waxed before departing Colombia.

Also (sorry soxxy, but that made me chortle) ... if a beauty pageant was ever scheduled to avoid conflicting with an NFL game telecast! Methinks that just a few thousand American gays, e.g. our Aaron W, and a chick or two like our Veronika (depending on who was playing) would be conflicted on which to watch.

Not 'Boxxy'!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefcake View Post
    Gee, I wonder what that photo might be showing?

I can't click here at work, but I can read the link. "Hot Slut of the Day" on DListed can be highly or highly ... thinking it's the former this time. Hope she bikini waxed before departing Colombia.

Also (sorry soxxy, but that made me chortle) ... if a beauty pageant was ever scheduled to avoid conflicting with an NFL game telecast! Methinks that just a few thousand American gays, e.g. our Aaron W, and a chick or two like our Veronika (depending on who was playing) would be conflicted on which to watch.
    LOL. I suppose you have a point.

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast