Petaikina/Kurduykov 125.39 JGP
    Duarte/Grafton 123.45 JGP
    Denney/Frazier *130.77 Indy
    Krutskikh/Morozov *114.63 Russia Cup final
    Martini/Kiefer 100.87 Euros
    Li/Jiang *129.13 Nationals
    Sui/Han 179.04 GP final

vCash
    Congrats to Sayana_mnk for guessing all 3 medalists correctly!

vCash
    I love Duarte/Grafton but it seems like they don't get much love from the international judges, I know they made a lot of mistakes here, but I think they deserve much higher PCS than what they are getting. They are such an elegant pair where they are both so long limbed and I find their skating really smooth. Maybe I'm in the minority, though. I was really hoping they'd medal here and think if they were clean they could have/should have.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    I love Duarte/Grafton but it seems like they don't get much love from the international judges, I know they made a lot of mistakes here, but I think they deserve much higher PCS than what they are getting. They are such an elegant pair where they are both so long limbed and I find their skating really smooth. Maybe I'm in the minority, though. I was really hoping they'd medal here and think if they were clean they could have/should have.
    I agree that they are very elegant and lovely. The problem is that they seem to choke ( maybe too strong, but couldn't find a better descriptive) in the big competitions when it is on the line. They are one of the top five teams in the US when they are on, if not the top, but one competition, Liberty, does not make a year. Other teams seemed to have passed them up.

I do hope they get another assignment. I am not sure any of the three teams in Latvia will based on their results.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8mom1970 View Post
    I agree that they are very elegant and lovely. The problem is that they seem to choke ( maybe too strong, but couldn't find a better descriptive) in the big competitions when it is on the line. They are one of the top five teams in the US when they are on, if not the top, but one competition, Liberty, does not make a year. Other teams seemed to have passed them up.

I do hope they get another assignment. I am not sure any of the three teams in Latvia will based on their results.
    I agree, they might have a shot at another assignment though just where none of the pair teams are looking likely to win lots of medals on the JGP this season. And they have upped their technical ante, I'd love to see them deliver at a high stakes event, because I think they have what it takes if they can finally make it click at big competitions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    I agree, they might have a shot at another assignment though just where none of the pair teams are looking likely to win lots of medals on the JGP this season. And they have upped their technical ante, I'd love to see them deliver at a high stakes event, because I think they have what it takes if they can finally make it click at big competitions.
    I wouldn't actually agree with you here. Two of the three teams going to Poland were 2 and three at Indy, both were very consistent. I think you will see this in two weeks, consistent and competitive. Not sure about medals, but very possible IMO.