Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

vCash

Ugh! US Ice Dance at Sectionals...

So, I was bored, and I was looking at how the Sectionals are shaping up, and this is what I have:

Easterns:
    Cannuscio/Lorello
    Cannuscio/McManus
    Hoptman/Filchenkov
    Zuber/Herring
    Pilgrim/Lorello
    Halstead/Knopf

Mids:
    Glastris/Allison
    Samuelson/Gilles
    Wingle/McKernan
    Schmucker/Munday
    Nardozzi/Traxler

Coasts:
    Chock/Bates (Even though I think they would qualify at Mids, I think Igor and company are smart enough to send them to Coasts to protect Wingle/McKernan)
    Hubbell/Donohue (Could go to Mids, but Olson/Cowan and H/D share coaches... they would both qual out of Coasts easily.)
    Olson/Cowan
    Lichtman/Copely (Do they have to qualify? I would guess they would go to Coasts.)

Looks like a couple of senior teams will be sitting at home this season. Sigh. I hate when that happens. There are only 18 teams trying for Nats. Let's send them all!!!

vCash
    I thought I read somewhere that Pilgrim/Lorello split?

Yes I agree send them all!
    MERYL DAVIS AND CHARLIE WHITE - 2014 OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALISTS!

vCash
    Thanks for the list, Jayar. Which GP events and Senior B's will allow skaters to have byes to Nationals this season, anyone? I'd like to see Cannuscio/Lorello get SA now that Chock/Bates got SC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayar View Post
    Lichtman/Copely (Do they have to qualify? I would guess they would go to Coasts.)
    Last I heard, only the final 3 Grand Prix competitions -- NHK Trophy, TEB and Cup of Russia -- give skaters a bye through Sectionals to 2012 Nationals.

Quote Originally Posted by ~tapdancer~ View Post
    I thought I read somewhere that Pilgrim/Lorello split?
    Pilgrim/Lorello are registered to compete at Challenge Cup next month: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...&postcount=293

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Pilgrim/Lorello are registered to compete at Challenge Cup next month: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...&postcount=293
    Thanks, Sylvia! It's been quite a roller coaster ride this off season keeping up with the dance teams!
    MERYL DAVIS AND CHARLIE WHITE - 2014 OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALISTS!

vCash
    ^ Sylvia, can you let us know when you find out if indeed it is the last 3? And whom it might affect (getting a bye or getting another spot at sectionals..). Thank you (in advance) as always.
    "awwww....shades of Janet Lynn" - Dick Button on anyone who makes more than one mistake in their program.

vCash
    Only 3 senior teams have byes right now:

Davis/White (qualified due to Nationals placement and also qualified due to Rostelecom assignment)
    Shibutani's (qualified due to Nationals placement and also qualified due to NHK assigment)
    Kriengkrairut/Giulietti-Schmitt (qualified due to Nationals placement and also qualified due to NHK assignment)

There are a number of teams with club affiliations across 2 sections. Hopefully, they've spread themselves out wisely. Especially since I don't think there's a fill-in rule.

vCash
    It's silly that they should have to spread themselves out across the sections that they do- a fill up rule makes so much more sense. It's just one more layer of stress, trying to figure out what section everyone is skating out of!

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Lichtman/Copely are currently second on the alternates list for GP, and, odds are, they'll get a second spot, most likely in the last three events, unless USFS assigns them to the TBD at Skate America.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Ugh! is right when it comes to the number of projected Senior dance teams at Pacific Coast Sectionals. This is an UNOFFICIAL list I've compiled from various sources. I've added last year's Nationals (or Sectional) results in parentheses.

Easterns (4):
    Anastasia Cannuscio/Colin McManus (J3)
    Isabella Cannuscio/Ian Lorello (S6)
    Ginna Hoptman/Pavel Filchenkov (S10)
    Meredith Zuber/Kyle Herring (S9)

Midwesterns (4):
    Alissandra Aronow (S11)/Collin Brubaker (S8) NEW
    Carina Glastris/Kevin Allison (J11)
    Madison Hubbell (S4)/Zach Donohue (S11) NEW
    Shannon Wingle/Timothy McKernan (S7)

Pacific Coasts (8!):
    Madison Chock (S3)/Evan Bates NEW
    Janine Halstead/Robert Knopf (E-J7)
    Charlotte Lichtman/Dean Copely (J1)
    Kristen Nardozzi (S12)/Nick Traxler NEW
    Anastasia Olson/Jordan Cowan (J4)
    Katherine Pilgrim/Alex Lorello (S15)
    Emily Samuelson/Todd Gilles NEW
    Brittany Schmucker/Adam Munday (N6)

Bye to Nationals: Davis/White (S1), Shibutani/Shibutani (S2), Kriengkrairut/Giulietti-Schmitt (S5).

vCash
    So Lichtman/Copely definitely aren't getting a bye b/c of CoC? That sucks....it will probably take them a full day to get back to MI and then they'll have to fly out to SLC a week later.

Looks like some teams miscalculated who would or wouldn't go out of Coasts.
    Last edited by Debbie S; 10-11-2011 at 04:25 AM.

vCash
    Whoa-- Aronow and baby Brubaker are a team? I missed that. What's the deal with her citizenship? Is she American?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayar View Post

Coasts:
    Chock/Bates (Even though I think they would qualify at Mids, I think Igor and company are smart enough to send them to Coasts to protect Wingle/McKernan)
    Hubbell/Donohue (Could go to Mids, but Olson/Cowan and H/D share coaches... they would both qual out of Coasts easily.)
    Olson/Cowan

Looks like a couple of senior teams will be sitting at home this season. Sigh. I hate when that happens. There are only 18 teams trying for Nats. Let's send them all!!!
    Why would Igor be scared about Wingle/McKernan? They should have no trouble finishing at least 4th at Mids even with Chock/Bates. The other teams who would miss Nationals in the scenario aren't his teams. Am I missing something?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    Why would Igor be scared about Wingle/McKernan? They should have no trouble finishing at least 4th at Mids even with Chock/Bates. The other teams who would miss Nationals in the scenario aren't his teams. Am I missing something?
    It's just 'insurance'. Nothing about their abilities-- more about ensuring that you are getting your kids to the big stage.

vCash
    Deadline for Sectionals? Is it too late to rearrange?
    "awwww....shades of Janet Lynn" - Dick Button on anyone who makes more than one mistake in their program.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatemommy View Post
    Deadline for Sectionals? Is it too late to rearrange?
    No, you can't rearrange. The deadline for registering in a particular Region is Sept. 1. You can't change your club affiliation or the Region you registered in. Usually pair and dance coaches talk beforehand to learn what the others are thinking of doing, so that they can spread out the teams across the Sections. It doesn't always work out evenly though.

vCash
    How many from each sectionals can qualify for Nationals? So Pacific Coasts with have the 1st Chock/Bates vs Samuelson/Gilles showdown? Interesting...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hlp728 View Post
    How many from each sectionals can qualify for Nationals?
    4 from each of the 3 Sectionals.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    What's the deal with her [Aronow's] citizenship? Is she American?
    Alissandra Aronow's ISU bio when she skated for LTU from 2008-2010 says she was born in Bloomfield Hills [Michigan] USA.

vCash
    Thanks Sylvia. So is it the top 5 at Nationals that get a bye?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hlp728 View Post
    Thanks Sylvia. So is it the top 5 at Nationals that get a bye?
    On the senior level, yes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast