Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I used to live in Adam's curls, but he cut them - so now I'm homeless. =o(
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Daria View Post
    It's incredible how some people here never lose an opportunity of being a troll.
    Uhhh...I wouldn't be a good troll if I didn't...helloooo? smh

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BittyBug View Post
    I wonder if Moskvina and Mishin will skate together like they did for Mishin's 70th.
    I hope so. I really enjoyed the pair and smiled and laughed a lot! I was amazed how young she looked and how crispy her movements were!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by julieann View Post
    I thought Alexei was coached by Moskvina when he skated for Japan?
    I don't think so. He mentioned living in Japan during this time and I don't recall Moskvina ever being based there. Of course this begs the question who was their coach (I can't remember his Japanese pairs partner's name) back then?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Civic View Post
    I don't think so. He mentioned living in Japan during this time and I don't recall Moskvina ever being based there. Of course this begs the question who was their coach (I can't remember his Japanese pairs partner's name) back then?
    It was Yukiko Kawasaki, I can't find anything about who their coach was at the time, must have been a coach in Japan. I know K/S were with the Velikovs when they first got together. I think there is plenty of skater/coach swapping at Yubileyny. I also think skaters get close to coaches when they all share a space no matter if they coach them or not. Maybe she just helped them at some point and not officially coached them. I don't think Anton and Maria looked as good as Maria and Alexei.

They must all really respect her. I can't wait to see it! A great line up!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OrioleBeagle View Post
    No Ina and Zimmerman!
    Yeah, people always seem to forget that Moskvina coached them, too! Would be great if they could get an invite.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    Bobrin & Mishin! Wow!

Are all of these skaters connected to Tamara in some way?

Alexei Yagudin - Coached by her ex-partner Mishin
    Elena Beredznaya/Anton Sikharlidze - Coached by her
    Tatiana Navka/Roman Kostomarov - ???
    Tatiana Totmyanina/Maxim Marinin - I always thought of them as her skating grandchildren, since they were coached by her pupil Vassiliev (actually, I heard she turned them down but was the one who suggested him)Irina Slutskaya - ???
    Oksana Domnina/Maxim Shabalin - ???
    Maria Petrova/Alexei Tikhonov - Did Moskvina coach Maria with Anton?
    Yuko Kawaguchi/Alexandr Smirnov - Her students
    Katarina Gerboldt/Alexandr Enbert - Her students
    Natalia Bectemyanova/ Andrei Bukin - Choreographers for her camp
    Igor Bobrin - Choreographer for her camp
    Brian Joubert - ???
    Johnny Weir - ??? (Well he did support B&S over S&P )
    Ilia Averbukh - I wonder if she was involved with some shows he organized?
    Alexei Mishin - Her pairs partner
    From what I read and remember heard in different interviews Tanya & Maxim approached her after leaving Pavlova, but Moskvina who, was busy coaching B/S and I/Z (who in their turn insisted on her 100% attention) for the SLC, declined. But after B/S retired she made an attempt to take them back from Vasiliev (which caused some negativity in their relationship), but the guys were already comfortable with him so they refused.

vCash
    No ?????
    Why????

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ciocio View Post
    No ?????
    Why????
    Maybe he doesn't want to risk his eligibility. Skipping out on the GP series but skating in shows instead would not reflect so well on him. My two cents of course.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OrioleBeagle View Post
    No Ina and Zimmerman!
    Quote Originally Posted by easilydistracte View Post
    Yeah, people always seem to forget that Moskvina coached them, too! Would be great if they could get an invite.

Amazing cast, but I would also love to see Kyoko & John invited to participate in this show.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VarBar View Post
    Maybe he doesn't want to risk his eligibility. Skipping out on the GP series but skating in shows instead would not reflect so well on him. My two cents of course.
    But the Moskvina show will take place before the start of the GP series, and Plushy doesn't have any GP assignments anyway. Are skaters required to give a reason for not doing GPs these days? I mean, Miki and Yu-Na didn't, they just took time off. Evan Lysacek took a whole season off. So long as he's not bailing out on events to which he was assigned (as was the case with 2010 Worlds) why would it be an issue?

I'm surprised Plushy's not part of this, considering his link to Moskvina via Mishin; maybe he has a prior commitment? I also wonder how Brian Joubert ended up in this show - there seems to be no obvious reason.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    But the Moskvina show will take place before the start of the GP series, and Plushy doesn't have any GP assignments anyway. Are skaters required to give a reason for not doing GPs these days? I mean, Miki and Yu-Na didn't, they just took time off. Evan Lysacek took a whole season off. So long as he's not bailing out on events to which he was assigned (as was the case with 2010 Worlds) why would it be an issue?

I'm surprised Plushy's not part of this, considering his link to Moskvina via Mishin; maybe he has a prior commitment? I also wonder how Brian Joubert ended up in this show - there seems to be no obvious reason.
    I was just speculating he might want to stay on the safe side with it given his troubles last year.

As far as Joubert goes, he seems to be quite a regular of Russian ice shows when the show producers want to add non-Russian skaters to the cast. Or we can make this connection: Moskvina's skating partner was Alexei Mishin, Alexei Mishin was Alexei Yagudin's coach, Alexei Yagudin is Brian Joubert's idol. lol
    Last edited by VarBar; 08-30-2011 at 11:48 AM.

vCash
    You can say whatever you want about Brian and Johnny, but they totally won Russia over Not many people do.

vCash
    An extraordinary cast! I'm sure that we'll eventually see videos of it. I sincerely hope that Moskvina skates not only with Mishin but also with Anton Sikharulidze, as she's done in recent shows. They even do lifts, death spirals, etc. This lady isn't afraid of anything, LOL!
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post

IIRC Plushy is in rehab, after a surgery (may be surgeries). He may not want to risk his health by participating in a skating event.

vCash
    of the show absolutely brilliant! and if I was given to select members, I would have preferred to have been John and Kyoko, but not Maria and Alexei, and then she could come to Sylvia, in a show almost no girls, as I understand it, the participation of Irina question

vCash
    I like the cast the way it is. I am disappointed that Plushy is not in it but I have already posted my guess for his absence (medical reason).

Given this tremendous cast, Ina & Zimmerman's absence doesn't bother me, even though they were coached by Tamara. I wouldn't assume that they were not INVITED; may be they are no longer skating? Ina quit skating long ago, I think.

vCash
    This was just put together since June so I/Z probably have other commitments. I wouldn't take it as if they weren't invited either.

I thought John was coaching in Florida.

Plushy may or may not have been invited, but he still is recovering so that would probably the #1 he wouldn't be doing it. I'm sure he's not "afraid" of shows, he didn't get in trouble for just doing a show. If that were the case K/S and G/E would be allowed to do it either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    Given this tremendous cast, Ina & Zimmerman's absence doesn't bother me, even though they were coached by Tamara. I wouldn't assume that they were not INVITED; may be they are no longer skating? Ina quit skating long ago, I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by julieann View Post
    This was just put together since June so I/Z probably have other commitments. I wouldn't take it as if they weren't invited either.
    Sorry--should have worded my previous comment differently, since I have no way of knowing who was invited and who was not in the first place. Regardless, I think it would been nice if I&Z could be there with everyone else.

Looking at the list of skaters, it kind of makes me sad that Mishkutenok and Dmitriev broke up in the way that they did. To me, they will always be the quintessential Moskvina pair and Natalia M the quintessential Moskvina pair girl. Unforgettable. . ..

(By the way, no Bechke & Petrov or V&V, either. . .)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by easilydistracte View Post
    Sorry--should have worded my previous comment differently, since I have no way of knowing who was invited and who was not in the first place. Regardless, I think it would been nice if I&Z could be there with everyone else.

Looking at the list of skaters, it kind of makes me sad that Mishkutenok and Dmitriev broke up in the way that they did. To me, they will always be the quintessential Moskvina pair and Natalia M the quintessential Moskvina pair girl. Unforgettable. . ..

(By the way, no Bechke & Petrov or V&V, either. . .)

I am pretty sure B&P quit skating long ago, and V&V too. It may be nice if they just make an appearance though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    I am pretty sure B&P quit skating long ago, and V&V too. It may be nice if they just make an appearance though.
    Yeah, it would have to be "special appearances by B&P and V&V" with them just coming out onto the ice or onto the stage to congratulate Moskvina. (I think they're all scattered now, aren't they? Don't know where Yelena Valova is now--she got married again, didn't she?--but isn't Denis Petrov coaching in China (with Chen Lu) and Elena Bechke coaching in the US? Is Vasiliev back in Chicago?)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast