Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

vCash
    NJL, I agree it's not about the money. It is to let those in power know that their mistakes can have serious repercussions on someone's life, and that they need to do their jobs.

vCash
    I read it. I wish I hadn't. It was pretty twisted stuff. So glad she is building a new life for herself and her daughters.

OmnipresentAdmeanistrator
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilJLeonard View Post
    I've looked at several places that have reported this lawsuit. More than a few posts in the comments section are strongly against it. She already got $20 mil from the State of California & that should be enough, it's wrong because the taxpayer will get stuck paying any award, she shouldn't get anything because she never tried to escape, etc.
    Blaming the victim, I see. She already got $20 million? First of all, the money from the lawsuit wouldn't go to her, if I understand it right. But even if it did, so what? Actors get $20 million for 6 weeks of work. Politicians get millions from companies that then screw us over and we have to pay the bill. I'd rather give another $20 million to a woman who was kidnapped as a 11-year child, raped and impregnated and forced to give birth at an early age without any medical help. The police, the legal system and the society failed her miserably and she had 18 years stolen from her life when she lived like a sex slave. She deserves all the money she can get. It may make her life easier but it won't erase the horrible memories and most certainly won't give her the 18 years back.

(btw, I don't direct that at you, Neil, but the people you described)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WindSpirit View Post
    Blaming the victim, I see. She already got $20 million? First of all, the money from the lawsuit wouldn't go to her, if I understand it right. But even if it did, so what? Actors get $20 million for 6 weeks of work. Politicians get millions from companies that then screw us over and we have to pay the bill. I'd rather give another $20 million to a woman who was kidnapped as a 11-year child, raped and impregnated and forced to give birth at an early age without any medical help. The police, the legal system and the society failed her miserably and she had 18 years stolen from her life when she lived like a sex slave. She deserves all the money she can get. It may make her life easier but it won't erase the horrible memories and most certainly won't give her the 18 years back.

Very well said.

vCash

No problem, WS, that's understood. Thanks...

NJL (...and I agree with your post 100%, too......)

vCash

Perfectly stated. There isn't an amount of money large enough to compensate her for all she had to endure.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Twizzler View Post
    Perfectly stated. There isn't an amount of money large enough to compensate her for all she had to endure.
    Amen!

vCash

Cool

After 11 weeks on the NYT list A Stolen Life is now #8. This is to be expected, I suppose, since I do not think Jaycee has done much to promote the book.

NJL (...I still recommend it, but admit that it is a difficult book to read....even if it does have a happier ending than you might imagine...which I hope continues......)

vCash

FYI:

After 14 weeks Jaycee's Memoir, A Stolen Life, is no longer on the NYT bestseller list.

NJL

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234