Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

vCash
    Skaters own their own costumes.

A while ago I remember seeing Grushina/Goncharov's costumes for sale on the internet. They were asking for quite a bit of money for them. The main thing I thought is how else would anyone fit into them because she is so skinny.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post
    ^^ Well, I'll back your claim. I so remember seeing that dress on Linda F.! As soon as I saw Michelle in it my mind was saying 'where have I seen that dress before'. So if we be wrong, we can at least be wrong togethers.
    Linda wore that petal dress at one of the World Pro competitions. She skated her artistic program to Vangelis' theme for the film "Chariots of Fire" in that dress. (Well, I'm not sure if it's the exact same dress but some on the internet thinks so )

vCash

vCash
    Jessica Dube was the first name that came to mind. I have seen her old costumes many times at Canadian Nats.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by quebecoise View Post
    Tara Hancherow wore Jessica Dubé's costum at last Junior Nationals. That was from their short program "Fix you" from 2008-2009 season.

Jessica Dube

Tara Hancherow
    Jessica must have liked that dress well enough to have another one made for her singles short this year Quebec Summer Skate

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by minx View Post
    Jessica must have liked that dress well enough to have another one made for her singles short this year Quebec Summer Skate
    Or maybe Tara gave it back when she gave Jessica her partner...

vCash
    A junior Chinese skater just wore a costume that copied Johnny Weir's costume. Pretty sure it's not Johnny's real costume

Lookie here

vCash
    I'm not really sure, but I seem to remember something being said about these costumes worn by Don & Hunt having been reworked from costumes once used by Krylova & Ovsiannikov. Wasn't able to find a pic of K&O wearing similar costumes, however. The connection was through the U of Delaware training facility, I think.

ETA: Found them: K&O's Carmina Burana.
    Last edited by easilydistracte; 08-30-2011 at 04:17 PM.

vCash
    In Ice dance it happens a lot! Those who come off my mind :

Madison Chock and Lauren Senft
    Tanith belbin and Siobhan karam (Gypsy, Tango dress, Tango again)
    Grushina & Goncharov and Weaver & Poje (picture n°5)
    Pechalat & Bourzat and Zahorski Miart (Tango dress, Flamenco Dress)
    Pernelle Carron and Geraldine Bott
    Pernelle Carron and Estelle Elisabeth (not sure aout this one, it looks a little different)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by falling_dance View Post
    Alas, no. Worse still, the only support I can find for my claim right now is a single YouTube comment. Perhaps I misremembered reading that claim in multiple places, including FSU.
    Linda wore the dress at one of the early Landover World Pros, skating an artistic program to, I think, Close Encounters. It was famous sweeping movie music by John Williams. I'm thinking mid-80s...one of Linda's last Landovers. I hope this helps.
    Last edited by Frau Muller; 08-30-2011 at 03:31 PM.
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seerek View Post
    It was first worn by Annett Poetzsch in 1980, for her "Hello Dolly" exhibition. Sorry, I cannot find a YouTube for it.

Just me
    vCash
    The costume Yagudin used for his Memorial program, and farewell skate in canada (speech here):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_doj...eature=related

Was used by Peter Tchernyshev for this program at the beginning of the GP season in 2000, but I can't find a video on youtube with him in it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpnHyEuBm3o

Peter is wearing it here, but you can't really recognize it:

http://naomiandpeter.ice-dance.com/g...?album=1&pos=3
    If this is to end in fire
    Then we will all burn together

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevind85 View Post
    I have a question about these costumes. How do these skaters get them? Do they belong to the federation, coaches or do the skaters themselves donate them to younger skaters?
    I think it may be a little bit of everything. Some skater's parents pay for them, then hand them down through the coach to younger skaters. Sometimes the coaches pay for the less fortunate and allow skaters to wear them but they are kept in house and are seen on a couple of different skaters. You can now buy/sell them on the internet. Ones that are not custom made could have several versions out there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Frau Muller View Post
    Linda wore the dress at one of the early Landover World Pros, skating an artistic program to, I think, Close Encounters. It was famous sweeping movie music by John Williams. I'm thinking mid-80s...one of Linda's last Landovers. I hope this helps.
    She wore it when skating to "Chariots of Fire", her 1984 World Pro AP.
    The costume looked very different on Linda's "womanly" figure than on Michelle, at 16.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    She wore it when skating to "Chariots of Fire", her 1984 World Pro AP.
    The costume looked very different on Linda's "womanly" figure than on Michelle, at 16.
    Yes, that was it. Agree on the look. Thanks, skatesindreams.

vCash
    I remember Linda's Chariots of Fire dress because it's on my tape. However, I don't recall it on Michelle. I will need to watch Michelle's old programs again; may be I will recognize it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Libertango View Post
    Pechalat & Bourzat and Zahorski Miart (Tango dress, Flamenco Dress)
    The Tango dress was originally worn my Marina Anissina, so has seen some good mileage!!

Quote Originally Posted by Libertango View Post
    Pernelle Carron and Estelle Elisabeth (not sure aout this one, it looks a little different)
    Pernelle's dress looked great on Estelle, but Pernelle needed to keep it for galas, so a copy was made by Romain LeGac's mum who is pretty handy with a sewing machine!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taz'smum View Post
    The Tango dress was originally worn my Marina Anissina, so has seen some good mileage!!

Yes, it's Marina's for sur.

Nathalie wore many Marina's dresses
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUraPozQe_k Nathalie+Fabian Marina+Gwendal
    Nathalie Marina
    Nathalie MArina and I remember Nathalie also in this one
    Nathalie with some additions to the costume http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vl2G6CswEUs Marina

Also Isabelle wore some of Marina's costumes
    Marina Isa
    Isa and Marina with the original skirt (how could they cut it ? )

And I've seen many other dancers from Lyon wearing Marina's (but for exemple also some Nathalie's) dresses as well. I was always wondering if Marina gave her costumes to CSGL/Murielle, if she sold it or if it is actually the club who owns it. But I think it's a great idea to use it once more. Firstly the costumes are nice and it would be sad not to use it anymore and I also think it must be great feeling for young skaters to wear dresses from such succesful dancers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sykr View Post

And I've seen many other dancers from Lyon wearing Marina's (but for exemple also some Nathalie's) dresses as well. I was always wondering if Marina gave her costumes to CSGL/Murielle, if she sold it or if it is actually the club who owns it. But I think it's a great idea to use it once more. Firstly the costumes are nice and it would be sad not to use it anymore and I also think it must be great feeling for young skaters to wear dresses from such succesful dancers
    Natalie had some of Marina's old dresses and many of her own for sale at very reasonable prices. It is usually with great pride that young skaters wear dresses previously worn by great champions! (The club doesn't own any of the costumes)

Pernelle often came to the rescue by lending her own dresses when young skaters dresses were not ready for French selections or early competitions or sometimes lending for the whole season, as in the case of Géraldine Bott above.

Isabelle & Olivier also lent costumes to Pernelle and Lloyd when they decided to change their FD costumes in the latter half of their first season together.
    Last edited by taz'smum; 08-31-2011 at 09:06 PM.

vCash
    I remember Dan Fang wearing Xue Shen's "Soong Sisters" dress.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast