vCash

Richard Dornbush article

Dornbush and his coach, Tammy Gambill, were interviewed at Champs Camp: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news

A couple of photos:

Dornbush playing his guitar

3 Dornbush photos from a recent show

vCash
    It's a good article, I'm excited to see his long program - the music is great but it has a lot to live up to as his Sherlock program because it was my favorite of last year. I am reallllly hoping he is able to get the quad. I was hoping it was pretty consistent by now because he's been working on it a while but it seems he still has a ways to go. Hopefully he is able to master it soon!!

And then the inner twelve year old in me just thinks he's so cute playing the guitar. And happy birthday to him tomorrow!!!

vCash
    Thanks for the article on one of my favorite skaters.

I look forward to seeing his Lone Ranger LP. I'll bet it's just as good as 'Sherlock Holmes'. And I'm not normally a fan of blues music in FS, but I'll reserve judgment on his SP until I see it.

I was also hoping he'd be further along with the Quad. It sounds like he is where he was last year - hit some, miss some which surprises me because he has such good air on many of his jumps! He will need it to move up in the ranks.

ETA - I like his neater haircut, though
    Last edited by olympic; 08-25-2011 at 11:43 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Okay, I see what looks very suspiciously like a violin case behind him (to the right). Who brought their fiddle to Champs Camp? Charlie?

vCash
    Both Richard and Charlie play violin! Richard made some comment about wanting to start a violin band w/ Charlie and have Meryl be the singer or something, lol.

vCash
    AWESOME. BIG nerd points. I want footage. Of their bona fide violin band. Whatever the heck that is. <snort> (said lovingly by a fellow violinist) Aren't there some other skaters who are fabulous pianists or something? They should have a skater pick-up band/orchestra every year at Champs Camp.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Vegas View Post
    And then the inner twelve year old in me just thinks he's so cute playing the guitar. And happy birthday to him tomorrow!!!
    Watch it -- my inner twelve year old is gonna scratch your inner twelve year old's eyes out!

Seconding the happy birthday! And it's great to finally read some in-depth stuff about his programs.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LilJen View Post
    AWESOME. BIG nerd points. I want footage. Of their bona fide violin band. Whatever the heck that is. <snort> (said lovingly by a fellow violinist) Aren't there some other skaters who are fabulous pianists or something? They should have a skater pick-up band/orchestra every year at Champs Camp.
    Yasmin Siraj is very good at piano, and Armin's pretty good, as well. I am sure there are many more. But it's a duel of violins that I really want to see
    improving my ballad- like lines

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LilJen View Post
    They should have a skater pick-up band/orchestra every year at Champs Camp.