Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

vCash
    I call this End of an Era.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KikiSashaFan View Post
    Now I wish I hadn't clicked on that link. Very, very sad. I hope that he isn't hounded by the media. Let him have some privacy.

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KikiSashaFan View Post
    He looks 20 years older than he is.

Let's hope that's the only photo the paps take of him at this difficult time...

I know, I know, I didn't help by clicking on it.

vCash
    TMZ and the pap in general don't need to go there.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BittyBug View Post
    I would really dispute that Bill Gates is respected in the field of technology.
    He had the key insight to invest in software, not hardware, which was the paradigm at the time. Microsoft also bailed out Apple when Apple was on the brink of sinking by making a major investment in the company. Not exactly altruism, since the small Apple market for Microsoft Office for Mac was small, but every little bit helped since Microsoft was portrayed as the big, bad monopoly.

So you can thank billg for taking the company that made the iPhone and iPad off of life support.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    So you can thank billg for taking the company that made the iPhone and iPad off of life support.
    It's possible to recognize Gates for what he has contributed to the world yet disagree that he's a visionary along the lines of Jobs. I don't think that's his place in history, myself. He has a different place, one that Jobs doesn't have. They are very different people with a very different contribution to technology.
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

vCash
    Sad to see the photo, but it's not surprising. I saw video of him looking extremely frail a few months ago, even. Wish him the best.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MacMadame View Post
    It's possible to recognize Gates for what he has contributed to the world yet disagree that he's a visionary along the lines of Jobs. I
    I specifically quoted and disputed this: "I would really dispute that Bill Gates is respected in the field of technology."

The field of technology requires more than technological creativity, and it's not like Apple has ever been bleeding edge. Apple didn't invent the GUI technology any more than Gates invented DOS. Jobs took the GUI concepts from Xerox.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    Well, I don't find a lot of people in high tech who respect Bill Gates except as a business man while they do respect Jobs for having vision. Steve has been able to take lab concepts and turn them into real products that people will buy instead of ivory tower concepts that would never have seen the light of day otherwise. That requires vision. You have to know which ideas have legs and you have to be able to translate that into a viable product. Not everyone can do that. In fact, most people can't do that.

I also don't understand why Gate's name was even brought up in a thread about Steve Jobs. It's like when people feel compelled to bring up Tara Lipinski in threads about Kwan and vice versa. I find it completely disrespectful to Job's legacy and his current situation.
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

vCash
    Creative, brilliant man with a lot of chutzpah, moxie...whatever you want to call it. He will be missed.

KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!
    vCash
    In other Apple news, a repeat of last year's embarrassing iPhone leak:
    http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-20...one-exclusive/

vCash
    I don't believe for one second they lost it by "accident".

vCash
    I'm a little disappointed they didn't get more creative this go-round.

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by julieann View Post
    I don't believe for one second they lost it by "accident".
    As someone who is constantly leaving my phone some place and I don't even go to bars and drink, I find it very believable.

vCash
    I only hope that Steve Jobs is not in pain.

vCash
    As someone who is constantly leaving my phone some place and I don't even go to bars and drink, I find it very believable.
    It's a prototype iPhone. Would it even get service? There would be no need for the guy to even take it off campus unless he wanted to pick up chicks by showing off the iPhone.

Apple is a VERY secretive company. I never come across articles that talk about what it's like to work there, while articles on Google and Zappos abound. If an engineer walked out of Apple with a prototype iPhone, they wouldn't know if he was gonna sell the specs to a competitor. I don't believe for a second that they would let an employee walk out the door with a prototype...unless they allowed it.

vCash
    I leave mine everywhere as well, I haven't lost it yet, thank God. However, if the new phones were not supposed to be 'leaked' or 'found' Apple would never allow them to leave the building. A 'lost' iphone created buzz and it's needed since Verizon is expecting it sometime before Christmas. It gives people something to get excited about.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12