Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Frances Bean Cobain: The apple who fell far from the tree

Kind've fluff, but I find Frances Bean Cobain fascinating if only for her rising above what seemed like a predestined Mackenzie Phillips-esque life. Throwback glamour girl is 19

Who would have predicted this for the little girl who easily could've been born with an addiction/severe birth defects, could've easily met a Trainspotting end in her infancy, and has endured years of her mother's public debacles?

Frances looks like the love child of Madonna and Kate Winslet.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    eys, there's lots of buzz about her now - here's another portrait that looks more like one would have expected.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    she is really gorgeous - and she looks like a perfect blend of her parents (Courtney's a total plastic surgery train wreck now but she was destructively beautiful when she was young).

I can't believe she's almost 20 years old
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    she is really gorgeous - and she looks like a perfect blend of her parents (Courtney's a total plastic surgery train wreck now but she was destructively beautiful when she was young).
    Kurt also - under all the greasy hair was a startlingly handsome man.

vCash
    I saw this article earlier, and I thought it WAS Kate Winslet. She's beautiful.

vCash
    She's stunning.

Watch me move
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefcake View Post
    Kind've fluff, but I find Frances Bean Cobain fascinating if only for her rising above what seemed like a predestined Mackenzie Phillips-esque life.
    "Predestined"? Yes, both her parents had substance abuse problems, but she also has/had grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc. who all live very normal lives out of the spotlight, and who IIRC she has spent a lot of time with. Which is quite different from how Mackenzie Phillips grew up.
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post

I can't believe she's almost 20 years old
    I know.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    "Predestined"? Yes, both her parents had substance abuse problems, but she also has/had grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc. who all live very normal lives out of the spotlight, and who IIRC she has spent a lot of time with. Which is quite different from how Mackenzie Phillips grew up.
    For chrissakes. Do you just hover around here and look for ways to be effing contradictory? WTF?

FWIW, I said "seemed like a predestined", meaning, you know, "seemed to be at the time", by we who did not know the things that would come after, like family taking up Courtney's slack. Ugh.

Watch me move
    vCash
    For chrissakes. Do you just hover around here and look for ways to be effing contradictory? WTF?
    Get over yourself. I was simply responding to "predestined" and pointing out that she was never in as dire a family situation as Mackenzie Phillips ever was.
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

vCash
    I think she is an "emancipated minor" and was under her Grandma's guardianship until age 18 to get away from her crazy a$$ mom.
    "awwww....shades of Janet Lynn" - Dick Button on anyone who makes more than one mistake in their program.

vCash
    There are some profile pictures here where she really, really, really looks like her dad. It's her nose, I think.

She's beautiful.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Frances looks like the love child of Madonna and Kate Winslet.
    She does!
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Sultry gorgeous.

Thunder & Lightning!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimena View Post
    There are some profile pictures here where she really, really, really looks like her dad. It's her nose, I think.

She's beautiful.
    She is stunning and what a great artistic set of pictures!
    Peace & Love, Gypsy
    Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolfbane blooms and the autumn moon is bright.

Blergh
    vCash
    Wow, she's beautiful.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    She really is.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Looks like Frances is not naturally beautiful. This is what she looked like in 2008: http://backofthebook.ca/culture/uplo...ain-727152.jpg

I see a different nose, chin and lips. However, the surgeon has done a stupendous job, innit...

from Speedy Death

vCash
    She also looks like she has lost some weight though..or grew taller.
    "Eve was not taken out of Adam's head to top him, neither out of his feet to be trampled by him, but out of his side to be equal with him, under his arm to be protected by him, and near his heart to be loved by him."

Blergh
    vCash
    She was also 16 in 2008, so I can see her maturing into her looks as well. Not that I'm not saying she hasn't had work done, but people do come out of their teen years looking differently just because of aging.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast