Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Civic View Post
    That poor woman. Everything she does, says or wears comes under scrutiny.
    I don't know if she needs our sympathy. William and Kate took their time before getting married, and as I understand it a great deal of time was spent considering how that first big step - announcing the engagement - would change her life. She's a smart, mature woman who has known William and travelled in his circle for years now - she knows what the rest of her life is going to be like, and has apparently accepted it with pleasure.

Royal baby speculation goes all the way back to William the Conqueror's days, so this is nothing new, and nothing the Royal Family can't help her handle.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    IIRC, she said she was not in a hurry.
    Yes. IIRC, Will said he wouldn't consider marriage before 28. He got married at 28. They said they don't want kids for at least 2 years so he can finish his training and she can settle into royal life. If history is anything to go by, they mean what they say.

The tabloids are probably running this story because they can't hack phones any more for real ones, and you should never let facts get in the way of a good story
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

vCash
    I don't feel sorry for her. It comes with the territory and she knows it. She has chosen to accept this life, with its pleasures and its demands/displeasures.

vCash
    Late to this discussion. Really, what business is it of the public to know if, when and how many pregnancies they have? Either they will or they won't have kids.

We, the public, have no say on if they do want children, when they are expecting and what they want to share. When and if the conception occurs, I am sure that they will let the world know at the appropriate time.

And the focus on weight is so no wonder we have eating disorders in the western world.

vCash
    She knew that from the get-go and William was well aware that the press would follow every move his wife made having seen how they treated his mother. Kate certainly went into this with her eyes wide open and accepted that personal privacy would be non-existent if she married Wills.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by walei View Post
    Once I saw one the front page of a tabloid with a woman saying they won't let her compete in the Olympics because she has three legs. The cover had a photograph of this woman with three legs on the ice complete with figure skates on all three.

I'm just sayin'
    Was she wanting to skate singles or pairs?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Royal baby speculation goes all the way back to William the Conqueror's days, so this is nothing new, and nothing the Royal Family can't help her handle.
    No kidding. Luckily we no longer live in the days of Henry VIII lopping of wives heads on trumped up charges for not having a boy or the big baby race prior to Queen Victoria being born...
    ~I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.~ (Charles R. Swindoll)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123