Thread: Memorabilia

vCash

Memorabilia

My father worked at the Broadmoor for over 57 years. He ushered the hockey games, ran the music for the skaters, ran the Zamboni, did construction for the events---you name it, he probably did it. In that time he collected a lot of the programs from the Pops On Ice, National Skating Championships, CC Hockey programs, etc. I am trying to find out if there is any type of historical society for the skating clubs and if so, would they be interested in looking at what I have from my father's collection. Can anyone give me a name or telephone number of someone to contact? Thank you.

vCash
    Have you contacted the World Figure Skating Hall of Fame and Museum (in Colorado Springs) about the skating memorabilia?
    http://www.worldskatingmuseum.org/Museum_archives.htm

They may be interested.
    Last edited by skatesindreams; 08-23-2011 at 07:20 PM.

vCash
    There is also the Pro Skating Historical Foundation, which is trying to preserve the history of professional and show skating. There is a "contact us" link on their website, and also a link on the "donate" page to send information if you want to donate memorabilia.

http://www.proskatinghistoricalfound...org/about.html
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    Thank you, both, for your suggestions. I knew if I posted, someone would head me in the correct direction.

Quadless
    vCash
    I hope you find a good home for your dad's collection.
    "I miss footwork that has any kind of a discernible pattern. The goal of a step sequence should not be for a skater to show the same ice coverage as a Zamboni and take about as much time as an ice resurface. " ~ Zemgirl, reflecting on a pre-IJS straight line sequence