Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Civic View Post
    Current and ex wives just shouldn't have to share the same household.
    Not quite as bad, but my husband works with a guy who goes on vacation every year with his wife, his kids, her kids, the grandchildren, his ex, and her ex.

I find this bizarre, but they think it's perfectly normal and apparently have been doing this for years.

Different strokes and all that.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    Not quite as bad, but my husband works with a guy who goes on vacation every year with his wife, his kids, her kids, the grandchildren, his ex, and her ex.

I find this bizarre, but they think it's perfectly normal and apparently have been doing this for years.

Only recently have I remained on speaking terms with my exes. I don't know how people do it.

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post

That's a little far-reaching even for me! My bf's parents divorced when he was very young - everyone gets together now for Thanksgiving. That means both his parents, his stepfather, his mom's father, and his stepfather's mom. (Although bf has been spending Thanksgivings with me and my family as of late because he can't stand his mom, for reasons absolutely unconnected to the divorce. )

And his biological father helps out when he can with his ex-FIL because he's over 90 and needs a lot of help. Of course they all live within 30-minutes' drive of each other so this makes it possible.

I find it really refreshing. I like to use them as an example of how ex's and parents who get divorced can still get along and raise children who are reasonably well-adjusted.

vCash
    Well, it looks like Jada's series has been canceled. You know, the one her hubs helped to produce?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    Well, it looks like Jada's series has been canceled. You know, the one her hubs helped to produce?
    And that Marc Anthony was in too. Now Jada and Marc will have lots of free time to spend together
    We live in an ageist society where everything is based on youth, but I hated being 18. I don't like teenagers any more now than I did then. I'm 49 now and there is no way that I'd go back to my teens and 20s - even if I knew what I know now, I don't want to go through all that again. I found it a very difficult time. - Buzz Osborne of the Melvins

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    And that Marc Anthony was in too. Now Jada and Marc will have lots of free time to spend together
    LOL.
    I buy this relationship like I buy a high IQ from Sarah Palin.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567