Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Google+

vCash

Google+

So... has anyone tried it? I was offered an invitation and I'm wondering whether it's worth checking out or not. To be honest, I was thinking about deleting my facebook (the only social media I use) altogether, so I'm not sure if I want to get involved with Google+ as well. I don't really know what the differences between the two are, but it seems that privacy on Google+ will be handled much better than on facebook.

Have/would you make the switch?

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    I haven't even looked at it yet, but it seems like the only thing people don't like about it so far is that hardly anyone is there.

I resisted the social media wave for so long before joining Facebook...just the thought of starting up with another site makes me tired. But FB and their annoying changes have been pissing me off so much, why not?

Of course, who's to say that Google+ won't make all sorts of crazy changes once it's accumulated enough members and established itself as the go-to social media site?
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    So far so good.

I have been able to post a vid of a skating program that I can't post on youtube or fb. I like the idea of the circles and I'm hoping that my family circle per se, won't be shared with say another other circle. So, we'll see.

vCash
    Love it since no applications there.
    poths Void: MarieM carries a rusty old blade in her handbag!

vCash
    I just signed up a few days ago and I have a huge number in my "circles"... I think I'm up to 3 or 4 people now, lol.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I joined but have not done anything with it since. It is kind of pointless if you don't know many people using it and I love FB. I probably wont switch to it unless I am forced because everyone abandons FB, which I hope doesn't happen.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

Official FSU Alte Kacher
    vCash
    I’m inclined to try it. I’m not on FB as they seem to think they own one’s privacy. Maybe Google+ will be a little more respectful. Besides, I already use gmail, the calendar, and Picasaweb
    "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity”– MLK

vCash
    I'd love to try it if anyone has any invites spare. My email address is the same as my username at gmail.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelskates View Post
    I'd love to try it if anyone has any invites spare. My email address is the same as my username at gmail.
    I just sent you one!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by myhoneyhoney View Post
    I just sent you one!
    Thanks! So did pat_c.

I don't like it I guess because I'm so used to facebook, this is just one more thing to learn?

vCash
    I'd love to try it but no one has any invites out. Friends are liking it so far!

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I think I have some invites, just message me your email address if you want one. Not sure how many I get so first come first serve.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Thanks! So did pat_c.

I don't like it I guess because I'm so used to facebook, this is just one more thing to learn?
    No problem. I know what you mean, it's confusing me. ♥ FB but hate the changes they always make without telling us. grrr

vCash
    Thanks! So did pat_c.

Yes, it's one more thing to learn. It is more about conversation etc. So far no games, which is ok. I think there is a place for both google+ and fb.

vCash
    I have some invites left if anyone wants one.

Since I'm a huge google user (picasaa, gmail, calendar etc), I guess G+ is more to my liking.
    poths Void: MarieM carries a rusty old blade in her handbag!

vCash
    My Google+ is now connected to my Facebook and Twitter!!! This link shows you how:
    http://launch.is/blog/how-to-post-fr...d-twitter.html

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    You have to use Google Chrome though. Since it constantly crashes for me, I don't...
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

vCash
    I like it -- then again, I have a fair number of super-geeky friends who actually post, so it's reasonably busy. I also just got an iPhone and their free Google+ app is very handy. And I really like the circles; they were much easier for me to figure out than FB's various lists.
    "Liking this sport is ridiculous, so you’re a little different for liking it, she explained. But you’re allowed to like what you like." - Robert Samuels

vCash
    Anyone know if there are any issues with using Google+ on an iPad? I'm intrigued, but cautious.

vCash
    I've been hearing nothing but good things about Google+. I love all things Google; gmail and the calendar have been a godsend this past year.
    If anyone has any spare invites...please and thank you?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast