View Poll Results: Which New Show Are You Looking Forward To Seeing? (Vote For As Many As You Like)

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ringer

28 34.15%
  • The Secret Circle

17 20.73%
  • Unforgettable

9 10.98%
  • Revenge

26 31.71%
  • Charlie's Angels

3 3.66%
  • Person of Interest

24 29.27%
  • Prime Suspect

16 19.51%
  • A Gifted Man

4 4.88%
  • Terra Nova

20 24.39%
  • Hart of Dixie

7 8.54%
  • Grimm

25 30.49%
  • Once Upon A Time

26 31.71%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    I saw Ringer and really liked it. But at the beginning I kept wondering why Buffy didn't stake the bad guys
    A similar thought went through my head. When I saw that she was alone in this scary building...and then a big guy all in black appeared, I thought, "you cannot win, dude!"

Spoiler

It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cachoo View Post
    Well sin or no we are not the only Lewis fans! In the Morse series Mrs. Lewis was still alive and well and he was a fairly easy going guy. Morse was the grouch. And now...well poor Lewis although he and Hathaway make a great team. One of the things that bugged me about Morse was that he seemed to be falling for a new woman every other week (which may have been in the Morse books--I've never read them.) Poor Laura seems to be waiting on Lewis but the show is more concerned about the mystery at hand. I love the soundtrack too.
    I like that he's taking it very slowly. Even though I never saw his wife myself, I can't bear shows where someone loses a spouse one day and hits the dating scene the next. It feels so fake and disrespectful and wrong.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyliefan View Post
    I like that he's taking it very slowly. Even though I never saw his wife myself, I can't bear shows where someone loses a spouse one day and hits the dating scene the next. It feels so fake and disrespectful and wrong.
    I agree but ... it has been several years by now.

Robbie & Val were one of the few successful, long-term marriages we've seen in the police force. It's a cliché but true that the divorce rate is very, very high among the police. Robbie & Laura would make a good match, though, because she has the same ridiculous hours and of course deals with the same kind of darkness in her job.

vCash
    Meanwhile I watched episode one of Camelot, which just started airing on CBC. I thought it was ... okay. I love Joseph Fiennes as Merlin (heck, I'd love Joseph Fiennes reading the phone book), and Bower has the right mix of innocence and determination for a young Arthur. I could have done without the gratuitous sex scenes -- I think there were 4 or possibly 5 in the first episode alone -- but it wasn't enough to put me off everything else. And I love the look of the ruined Camelot castle.

So, good enough to have me tune in again next week at least. And about a million times better than the last version of the legend that made it on to TV. (That would be Merlin. Awful, awful, dreadful, and laughably bad.)

vCash
    I'm trying to watch that and I agree with you about Fiennes as Merlin but the actors playing Arthur and Guinevere just look like they came in off of the surf in Malibu. That might not be fair to them but I can't get past this.

vCash
    ... but the actors playing Arthur and Guinevere just look like they came in off of the surf in Malibu.
    Perhaps that's why they filmed their dream sex sequence on the beach?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis@BC View Post
    Perhaps that's why they filmed their dream sex sequence on the beach?
    I forgot that---I wonder if that is where the idea started.

vCash
    The Secret Circle--pretty good. I like that each character has a history that will likely be unveiled over the course of the series. The acting quality is uneven and the diversity is sorely lacking, but I have high hopes. I also love seeing shots of my hometown. Steveston is one of my fave neighbourhoods in Vancouver!

The Vampire Diaries, meanwhile, continues to rock my world. OMG, Matt and Jeremy are so hawt! And poor Andie!

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    CW is re-airing the pilots for Ringer (8:00) and The Secret Circle (9:00) tonight for anyone who missed them.

Quote Originally Posted by manhn View Post
    The Secret Circle--pretty good. I like that each character has a history that will likely be unveiled over the course of the series.
    I liked it, but I didn't love it. It has potential, let's see if they start to kick things into a higher gear in time. I like how Faye just came out and said, "let's cut to he chase...you're a witch". In the past, shows have let an important plot point go on forever until finally a big reveal. I like how a character does what we think, and just get it over with!!

The acting quality is uneven and the diversity is sorely lacking, but I have high hopes. I also love seeing shots of my hometown. Steveston is one of my fave neighbourhoods in Vancouver!
    It looks like one of the group of six might be 1/4 non-Caucasian... And I was admiring the old homes used in the show and didn't notice that Vancouver is where this one is being shot! (Oops...)

The Vampire Diaries, meanwhile, continues to rock my world. OMG, Matt and Jeremy are so hawt! And poor Andie!
    Have it recorded, will watch it today. Good to know the show is still rockin'!

vCash
    Not sure about Revenge. Sounds like a good movie or mini series but a prolonged tv series? I have my doubts but will try and catch the first couple of episodes. But Grimm looks GOOOOOOD!!!! I can hardly wait! Why could it be starting next week instead of the rest of those shows?! LOL
    Last edited by Buzz; 09-16-2011 at 10:05 PM.

vCash
    I watched the first 10 or 15 minutes of Secret Circle. I didn't dislike it, just decided I was waaay too old for it.

I wish they hadn't axed Eastwick from a couple of years back. Similar idea, for grownups. Of course, that one was worth watching just for Paul Gross.

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    I watched the first 10 or 15 minutes of Secret Circle. I didn't dislike it, just decided I was waaay too old for it.

I wish they hadn't axed Eastwick from a couple of years back. Similar idea, for grownups. Of course, that one was worth watching just for Paul Gross.
    I enjoyed Ringer and Secret Circle, and I'm 49.

I really miss "Eastwick" also. I was waiting years for it to become a series. I want Anne Rice's "The Witching Hour" to become a series also, but maybe on HBO or Showtime.

vCash

I must have missed "Eastwick." I like Paul Gross and loved his character in "Slings and Arrows."

vCash
    I must have missed "Eastwick." I like Paul Gross and loved his character in "Slings and Arrows."
    I really liked Eastwick, it had a quirky Picket-Fences-esque feel to it.

Slings and Arrows, oth, is in another world altogether -- one of my favourite series ever.

If you like Paul Gross, try to find Gunless. It's a Canadian Western. Hilarious.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyliefan View Post
    Wow, that was awful. I'd forgotten just how craptastic CW shows can be.

Sorry, Ioan, I don't love you THAT much.
    I swore after the way Hellcats ended (plus the ruining of Life Unexpected) that I was done with watching any CW shows.

I'll have to check out Pan Am only because there was reportedly filming just blocks from where I used to live in Bay Ridge Brooklyn.

vCash
    If you like Paul Gross, try to find Gunless. It's a Canadian Western. Hilarious.
    My first drooling - er, I mean sighting of Paul Gross was in the Canadian TV movie "Getting Married In Buffalo Jump" co-starring Wendy Crewson. Not that it would have mattered but it was even a good story.

vCash
    I'll look for the Gross movies--I did see one about (of all things) curling. I thought I would be bored but really enjoyed it.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Shows that are debuting (in bold) and returning (not in bold) this week:

Monday, September 19

10:00 Castle (ABC)
    10:00 Hawaii Five-0 (CBS)
    10:00 The Playboy Club (NBC)

Tuesday, September 20

8:00 NCIS (CBS)
    9:00 NCIS: Los Angeles (CBS)
    10:00 Body of Proof (ABC)
    10:00 Unforgettable (CBS)

Wednesday, September 21

9:00 Criminal Minds (CBS)
    9:00 Harry’s Law (NBC)
    10:00 CSI (CBS)
    10:00 Law & Order: SVU (NBC)
    10:00 Revenge (ABC)

Thursday, September 22

8:00 Charlie’s Angels (ABC)
    9:00 Grey’s Anatomy (ABC)
    9:00 Person of Interest (CBS)
    10:00 The Mentalist (CBS)
    10:00 Prime Suspect (NBC)

Friday, September 23

8:00 A Gifted Man (CBS)
    8:00 Nikita (CW)
    9:00 CSI:NY (CBS)
    9:00 Fringe (FOX)
    9:00 Supernatural (CW)
    10:00 Blue Bloods (CBS)

Sunday, September 25

9:00 Boardwalk Empire (HBO)
    9:00 Desperate Housewives (ABC)
    9:00 The Good Wife (CBS)
    10:00 CSI: Miami (CBS)
    10:00 Pan Am (ABC)

vCash
    I'm curious about the Playboy Club. I'm not expecting it to be good, but I like Laura Benanti very much, so I'm at least going to give the first episode tomorrow night a shot.

I'm also going to check out Revenge. You can download the script for free on Amazon.com. I wasn't that impressed with the script, but I'm thinking about checking it out anyway.
    Logic is in the eye of the logician --Gloria Steinem

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    I'm curious about the Playboy Club. I'm not expecting it to be good, but I like Laura Benanti very much, so I'm at least going to give the first episode tomorrow night a shot.
    I like her too, but the show sounds flat-out stupid to me. Not going to bother.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast