View Poll Results: Which New Show Are You Looking Forward To Seeing? (Vote For As Many As You Like)

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ringer

28 34.15%
  • The Secret Circle

17 20.73%
  • Unforgettable

9 10.98%
  • Revenge

26 31.71%
  • Charlie's Angels

3 3.66%
  • Person of Interest

24 29.27%
  • Prime Suspect

16 19.51%
  • A Gifted Man

4 4.88%
  • Terra Nova

20 24.39%
  • Hart of Dixie

7 8.54%
  • Grimm

25 30.49%
  • Once Upon A Time

26 31.71%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Some of them. Charlie Hunnam most certainly is. And he gets naked quite a lot. Not that that's the primary reason I watch of course.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Ringer starts tonight!!
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    Ringer starts tonight!!
    I watched a little bit of the CW season preview show last night (during commercial breaks of Bachelor Pad). The scenes from Ringer look really good, very deep and involving. Ringer co-stars Kristoffer Polaha (who I've had a crush on for a while now) as well as Nestor Carbonell (Lost, Suddenly Susan, The Dark Knight) and Ioan Gruffudd (Fantastic 4, W., Hornblower).

Can't wait!
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Ringer got a great review B+ from Mark A. Perigard who is the TV critic for our local rag. He is usually a very nit picky type of critic (hates everything) but not this time. I was going to watch Ringer even before reading his review. I loved Gellar in "Buffy" and looking forward to Ringer.

vCash
    Wow, that was awful. I'd forgotten just how craptastic CW shows can be.

Sorry, Ioan, I don't love you THAT much.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    Ooh, I enjoyed Ringer. But no more special effects!

vCash
    yeah, the special effects budget was nil, but the show looks promising! Just make sure to keep Siobhan and Bridget far, far away from each other from now on!
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    I also enjoyed Ringer. I found it to be very moody, which was interesting in that so many shows are obvious, whereas Ringer had this subtle moodiness that one can languish in... I really like everyone in the cast and it seems like everyone has been set up well to have a good backstory. I think this one might be like Lost in that there is one big story and we just watched one good paragraph from one chapter in the book...which leaves a lot more story to be explored. I'm in!

Quote Originally Posted by manhn View Post
    But no more special effects!
    It's funny, I think it was the first scene where the twins meet in Siobhan's home, I thought, "how did they do that??" (in that it looks so real/good). But then when they were out on the ocean, there were some shots which looked very strange. So it was hit or miss for me there...
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    I like that let SMG look her age, especially the way she looks a bit haggard as Bridget (even Bridget-playing-Siobhan). More believable than usual on a prime time tv show that she could be a recovering addict.

Here's a pretty awesome review from ew:

http://tvrecaps.ew.com/recap/ringer-...ere-episode-1/

vCash
    I liked Ringer a lot. Given what is on TV these days I thought it was refreshing and adult.

vCash
    Thought I'd mention that BBC America is having something they call Dramaville on Wednesday nights. They're showing an original series called "Hour," about a 50's TV news program for the first few weeks. Tonight will be the 5th episode. I've recorded them but haven't had a chance to watch yet. When that ends, they'll show "Luther," a four-part detective thriller, that I have already seen but plan to watch again. It's terrific. Then they'll show "State of Play," which I'm looking forward to. Those last two shows are repeats. And there are new Inspector Lewis episodes on PBS for the next two or three weeks. New in the U.S. anyway.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    yeah, the special effects budget was nil, but the show looks promising! Just make sure to keep Siobhan and Bridget far, far away from each other from now on!
    what? she was TOTALLY driving that boat in the hamptons
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Grannyfan View Post
    Thought I'd mention that BBC America is having something they call Dramaville on Wednesday nights. They're showing an original series called "Hour," about a 50's TV news program for the first few weeks. Tonight will be the 5th episode. I've recorded them but haven't had a chance to watch yet. When that ends, they'll show "Luther," a four-part detective thriller, that I have already seen but plan to watch again. It's terrific. Then they'll show "State of Play," which I'm looking forward to. Those last two shows are repeats. And there are new Inspector Lewis episodes on PBS for the next two or three weeks. New in the U.S. anyway.
    I've been watching The Hour. It's pretty interesting. Sometimes the storyline gets a little simplistic ("Government BAD! Journalists GOOD! Period, that's it, the end!"), but that's nothing we haven't all seen a thousand times. And if you can overlook that, there are a lot of intriguing subplots and characters. Plus some really good acting.

I also like Inspector Lewis, even though I always seem to end up being busy while it's on and having only half my attention to spare!
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Grannyfan View Post
    ... "Luther," a four-part detective thriller, that I have already seen but plan to watch again. It's terrific. Then they'll show "State of Play," which I'm looking forward to. Those last two shows are repeats. And there are new Inspector Lewis episodes on PBS for the next two or three weeks. New in the U.S. anyway.
    State of Play was very good, though it's a show you have to pay close attention to. Not a show I can watch while sorting papers or doing other things.

Luther was fabulous. If they don't bring it back for a second season (especially after ending on somewhat of a cliffhanger), I'll be very mad!

And I love Inspector Lewis. This is a series that keeps getting better and better -- particularly the relationship bw Lewis and Hathaway.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyliefan View Post
    I've been watching The Hour. It's pretty interesting. Sometimes the storyline gets a little simplistic ("Government BAD! Journalists GOOD! Period, that's it, the end!"), but that's nothing we haven't all seen a thousand times. And if you can overlook that, there are a lot of intriguing subplots and characters. Plus some really good acting.

I also like Inspector Lewis, even though I always seem to end up being busy while it's on and having only half my attention to spare!
    Is it a sin to say I like "Inspector Lewis" more than Morse? I think that and "Sherlock" are the best mysteries anywhere these days. I miss "Foyle's War."

I also look forward to Wednesday nights with BBC America. First "Law and Order" but the highlight is the next hour and though I thought "The Hour" had a slow start I am hooked now. I will also be watching those dramas that follow once "The Hour" concludes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cachoo View Post
    Is it a sin to say I like "Inspector Lewis" more than Morse?
    I don't know . . . is it a sin to say I've never seen Morse? My best friend got me watching Lewis recently, and I didn't even know it was a spinoff at first!

I think that and "Sherlock" are the best mysteries anywhere these days. I miss "Foyle's War."
    Sherlock is really good. And so many people have told me to watch Foyle's War that I've added it to my Netflix queue!

vCash
    I saw Ringer and really liked it. But at the beginning I kept wondering why Buffy didn't stake the bad guys
    Adelina Sotnikova is the 2014 Olympic champion!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyliefan View Post
    I don't know . . . is it a sin to say I've never seen Morse? My best friend got me watching Lewis recently, and I didn't even know it was a spinoff at first!

Sherlock is really good. And so many people have told me to watch Foyle's War that I've added it to my Netflix queue!
    Well sin or no we are not the only Lewis fans! In the Morse series Mrs. Lewis was still alive and well and he was a fairly easy going guy. Morse was the grouch. And now...well poor Lewis although he and Hathaway make a great team. One of the things that bugged me about Morse was that he seemed to be falling for a new woman every other week (which may have been in the Morse books--I've never read them.) Poor Laura seems to be waiting on Lewis but the show is more concerned about the mystery at hand. I love the soundtrack too.

I don't know what the term I'm looking for here but the quality of the filiming of "Sherlock"---London just looks so vibrant and lush on my television. The quality of the picture is better than any tv show I watch but I don't know the terminology for the look of it. And of course the scripts, acting, the way we "see" Sherlock's thoughts...so clever.

Why is it British mysteries are so damned good?

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    I actually checked out Ringer last night and thought it had potential. I like the premise and the mystery of it and I also love me some Nestor Carbonell so I'll probably watch it again. We'll see how it goes but so far so good.
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cachoo View Post
    Why is it British mysteries are so damned good?
    And why must my husband repeatedly mock my addiction to them?

Love Sherlock, Morse, Lewis and Foyle.
    Creating drama!

Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast