View Poll Results: Which 2011 world champions are likely to repeat as world champions in 2012?

Voters
97. You may not vote on this poll
  • Only Patrick Chan

28 28.87%
  • Only Davis & White

6 6.19%
  • Only Savchenko-Szolkowy

1 1.03%
  • Only Miki Ando

2 2.06%
  • All except Miki Ando

9 9.28%
  • Chan and D&W

18 18.56%
  • Chan and S&S

23 23.71%
  • D&W and S&S

5 5.15%
  • Chan & Ando

0 0%
  • D&W and Ando

0 0%
  • S&S and Ando

0 0%
  • None of them

5 5.15%

vCash

Which 2011 world champions will successfully defend their titles in 2012?

It seems Miki Ando is not going to compete in 2012, but I am leaving her name in, just in case she changes her mind.

There could be one or more repeat world champions in 2012, from the current champions. Who do you pick?

vCash
    Patrick Chan will be the only one to defend his title.

vCash
    Pressed the wrong button by mistake. I meant S and S and Chan

vCash
    I believe all of them will have a pretty good shot at winning again, except for Ando (who's not competing). Chan, when in shape, is unbeatable for now, S&S have been on top for a while and they remain main favourites for gold, although they'll have a tough competition and Davis/White... well, I say everything is possible. They're really nothing less than V/M so the title can go either way. And I'm pretty sure it'll remain in Canton.

vCash
    Chan S&S, methinks. Though Kozuka and V&T are right on the bubble.

D/W might..but they might not. It's always pretty close. I don't think they'll be lower than second, and neither will V/M.

vCash
    While I dont expect Ando to win I never heard she wasnt competing either.

Loving on babies!
    vCash
    How about, too soon to tell since we haven't even seen most elite skater's new programs yet?
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.~W. C. Fields

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasey View Post
    How about, too soon to tell since we haven't even seen most elite skater's new programs yet?
    I could only give 12 options, not 13.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasey View Post
    ^^This

Dashing Between Bennetton and Krispy Kreme
    vCash
    Considering none of the defending champions from 2010 kept their titles, 2012 will probably be wide open for the taking.

vCash
    1. Chan: Not merely winning, but doing so by 22 points. That's pretty damn remarkable. If he continues to improve at even a tenth of the rate he improved over the course of last season, he could be untouchable. At the very least, it means he's the most likely to defend his title.

2. S/S: It's tempting to call this a tie between D/W and S/S, because I think in both cases, the silver medalist will be hungrier. S/S have a slightly higher chance because we don't know what V/T are capable of just yet. I think they'll be hungry after their worlds performance.

3. D/W: Knowing that V/M are hungry and what they are capable of, I'd watch my back if I was D/W.

4. Ando: She's skipping the GP season. We saw how well that turned out for Kim, and Ando is a lesser skater than she. We also saw that it actually took her a while to peak this year and postponing competition affects how one trains.

vCash
    With P/T out of GP, or even further season, I think S/S will easily defend their title but I can never look over V/T who were phenomenal at the recent worlds. For Chan, there's no one else who gets as much PCS as he does even when he falters and his jumping layout is technically flawless. So I voted for S/S and Chan.

I absolutely adored D/W last season but if V/M comes back injury-free, which I hope, I think defending their title would be a tough game.

vCash
    Chan is the most likely. Pair and Dance can goes either way as, the margin between G and S are not like skyscraper wide. As for Miki, I think there is no confirm news that she will be skipping the world, same goes for Yuna so, if they both show up anything can happen.

vCash
    I voted Only Patrick Chan whose achievements last year were amazing and who doesn't seem to have any truly strong rivals for now other than himself. LOL. S/S, I am not sure they will be able to handle the pressure of being the reigning world champs, V/M with a full season of training would be very hard to beat and Miki chose to sit out, didn't she?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Proustable View Post
    4. Ando: She's skipping the GP season. We saw how well that turned out for Kim, and Ando is a lesser skater than she. We also saw that it actually took her a while to peak this year and postponing competition affects how one trains.
    Miki will compete at Japan Open, in October, and she might go to nationals, as well, so she wouldn't be in the same situation as Yu-Na.

vCash
    I voted for Chan + D&W, but now I am thinking it may be tough for D&W if V&M come back healthy in 2012. Actually S&S may have a chance to defend their gold, unless V&T feel the pressure this time and not skate so well. We have not yet seen how they handle pressure. My gut feeling is Tatiana will do fine, but Trankov may not. Still, I feel 50-50 with these two pairs' chances. Pang & Tong may still have a chance, but somehow I don't get a good feeling about it right now.

vCash
    I picked : all except Miki Ando.
    LOL, I seem to be a hater !

vCash
    Well, there's no option for what I think..

Patrick Chan will defend his title, Savchenko and Szolkowy and Davis and White MIGHT (but D/W might lose to V/M and S/S might lose to V/T), and I'm not sure if Miki is competing at Worlds this year but the ladies field is so wide open now, it's hard to say when I have no idea how Mao will be skating this season and how Yu-Na will be skating if she does in fact compete. No idea what the young Russian ladies will do, either.