View Poll Results: Which 2010 Olympic champion has the best chance of winning the OGM in 2014?

Voters
187. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yu na Kim

33 17.65%
  • Evan Lysacek

13 6.95%
  • Virtue & Moir

105 56.15%
  • None

36 19.25%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

vCash
    Virtue and Moir are by far the most likely. They're young enough, they're good enough, and dance is the one discipline in which slippery ice plays less of a role in deciding events (P/B's mishap at Worlds notwithstanding).

I would be very surprised if Evan Lysacek will be able to keep up with the younger guys technically, and it's not like he's bringing anything unique on the PCS side of things. That doesn't mean it'll necessarily be Chan; ice is slippery, injuries can take a toll, and there are plenty of promising young skaters around. Recall that in 2007 Joubert was world champion after a very strong season, and Stephane Lambiel was also a medalist, yet we all saw how well they did in Vancouver three years later (and both were of similar age at the time to Kozuka this past season, and not much older than Chan). But I like Patrick's chances better than Evan's, for sure.

If Yu-Na does decide to continue - a big if - I don't know how she'll be able to deal with the insane pressure a second time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    Virtue and Moir are by far the most likely. They're young enough, they're good enough, and dance is the one discipline in which slippery ice plays less of a role in deciding events (P/B's mishap at Worlds notwithstanding).

If Yu-Na does decide to continue - a big if - I don't know how she'll be able to deal with the insane pressure a second time.
    I agree about V&M.

Yu na has already shown how tough she is when it comes to handling pressure. I think she can handle it the second time around, and we may see a back 2 back ladies champ since Kat Witt in 1988, if she feels motivated enough to compete in 2014. As the defending champ she will have the benefit of the doubt, but she will need to come back to world stage in 2013, and not wait till the Olympic year like Plushenko did.

vCash
    I picked Yu-Na. She may be bored and unmotivated at the moment but fortunately for singles skaters she can totally tank for the next two years but come back for the 13/14 season and as long as she does so what she does on the ice will be what counts.

If V&M stay until Sochi that would mean that Tessa's legs are holding up well enough for them to skate 100%. In that scenario then she and Scott IMO have a very good chance of repeating. I'd like to see that. I agree about the 50/50 shot because I also don't expect (but would be happy to see it) V&M to stay for the full quadrennial.

In the event that V&M move on pre-Sochi, I still am not counting out I&K depending on how much further they develop in the next few years. It's not out of the question for I&K to win gold in their first Olympics if they have the goods. We've seen skaters/teams score upset wins in their first Olympic appearance in the past. And by 2014 I do think I&K may have at least one World medal under their belts.

vCash
    Although it isnt my first hope something is telling me Davis & White are going to win gold in Sochi. I hope if they do they are more artistically captivating than they currently are. My last hope would be the Shibutanis winning gold (although not impossible, especialy if we are giving I/K a shot). Nothing against them, they are very talented skaters and seem like good people, but their cutesy style is not my cup of tea at all, and I am not sure if they will ever grow out of it.

vCash
    The Shibutanis are young, and they can develop a lot in 3 years. I would wait and see before ruling them out for 2014 OGM.

vCash
    I didnt rule them out of winning the 2014 OGM. I think they are a possability to win it. I just dont think they will ever be one of my favorites, and of the possible OGMs of 2014 they are the ones I least hope to win.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123