vCash

Colonial Travel owner charged in Olympic skating fraud

Skating fans will be interested to learn that Maria Klemyk, the owner of Colonial Travel, has been charged with first degree larceny in connection with her failure to deliver to her customers over $90,000 worth of figure skating and hotel packages for the 2010 Vancouver Olympics. Farmington, CT police have indicated that additional charges will likely be filed. For more information, see the article in the link below, or Google "Maria Klemyk Colonial Travel". Any other victims of Ms. Klemyk's fraudulent practices are asked to contact Det. Brian Killiany of the Farmington police at 860/675-2461.

http://farmington.patch.com/articles...-olympic-trips

vCash
    This is shocking because I thought Colonial travel was a pretty well known company for years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    This is shocking because I thought Colonial travel was a pretty well known company for years.
    It was. When I have used a tour, there have been times when the tour I was on merged with hers to rent a bus for city tours for the day. I've known about this since last year when another tour operator told me this was in the works.

vCash
    Naughty, Naughty, she was Caughty, well if convicted.

vCash
    Jeez, I used Colonial a bunch of times before I started planning trips myself. Maria was excellent and I had nothing but good experiences.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RobinA View Post
    Jeez, I used Colonial a bunch of times before I started planning trips myself. Maria was excellent and I had nothing but good experiences.
    Same here - I took 3 trips with them and the VIP package was great. Obviously she got in way over her head with the Olympics. So sorry about the people who lost their money.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    I did, too -- Dortmund, Moscow, Warsaw, Gothenberg, and the pre-tour to Iceland before 2008 Worlds I had only good experiences and met some great people.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    I did, too -- Dortmund, Moscow, Warsaw, Gothenberg, and the pre-tour to Iceland before 2008 Worlds I had only good experiences and met some great people.
    You went to all these places? I am so envious!