Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    They could win the GPF this year. They are going to shake things up in the Senior GP.
    Liza`s planned jumping content is out of this world. All the triples with perfect textbook technique at 14 years of age.

vCash
    Liza needs a (real) choreographer to compete with other russian babies...

vCash
    I'm sorry to say that at this point, both girls' skating leaves me cold.

I'm of course hoping that this will change. There is plenty of time for them to develop little things like audience interaction and expression, which for me, seems to be really lacking.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BmcC102 View Post
    I'm sorry to say that at this point, both girls' skating leaves me cold.

I'm of course hoping that this will change. There is plenty of time for them to develop little things like audience interaction and expression, which for me, seems to be really lacking.
    They are 14 and 15 years old! You have to give them time to develop!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by luCN View Post
    I think she needs a (real) choreographer to reach her potential and maximize her talent. As Plushenko showed, you don't really need choreography to compete with anyone if you have the jumps. I'd just hate to see Liza go that route.

Love watching both skate as each brings something different to the table. I can't wait to see how they develop.

vCash
    I love Liza's Oriental sp, it's vibrant and different. She overcame Adelina's score in transitions at the last JW and any other russian junior was able to beat her till this moment. I think she's just fine where she is now.

vCash
    ^^I just hope she continues to improve. Liza T's style isn't very appealing to me at the moment. I feel more energy from Adelina when she competes than I do from Liza T and I think that has a lot to do with Adelina's presence on the ice. She's young but there is a somewhat commanding presence to her when she steps out on the ice. Her presentation is much more mature than any of the junior girls and that's what really sets her apart. Liza T still looks and skates like a junior; there's a lack of polish and refinement to her movements that Adelina seems to have already.

That's not to say Liza T won't get there eventually, but right now I agree with whoever said Adelina is head and shoulders above the rest. If she can get some nice programs and work on her spins, she'll be the one to beat this season...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    ^^I just hope she continues to improve. Liza T's style isn't very appealing to me at the moment. I feel more energy from Adelina when she competes than I do from Liza T and I think that has a lot to do with Adelina's presence on the ice. She's young but there is a somewhat commanding presence to her when she steps out on the ice. Her presentation is much more mature than any of the junior girls and that's what really sets her apart. Liza T still looks and skates like a junior; there's a lack of polish and refinement to her movements that Adelina seems to have already.

That's not to say Liza T won't get there eventually, but right now I agree with whoever said Adelina is head and shoulders above the rest. If she can get some nice programs and work on her spins, she'll be the one to beat this season...
    ITA. Adelina has more fire, more focus when performing and I think that's what gives her presence something strong.

vCash
    Am I the only one who finds Adelina a little bit boring????

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    They are 14 and 15 years old! You have to give them time to develop!
    I already stated that they have time to develop. My point is that right now, I find them a little boring.

I don't necessarily blame them as much as I blame CoP. They are rewarded for doing element after element. Choreography, musical phrasing, and overall program appeal aren't important nowadays...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by luCN View Post
    I just wish Mishin could take the PCS part more seriously and start working with better choreographers.

Quote Originally Posted by ciocio View Post
    Not only boring, but pretty much deaf too.

Liza at least is capable of more or less skating to the music, even though her expression could get much more mature and sophisticated (and obviously she needs decent choreography because her programs so far have been very poorly constructed).

vCash
    No. It's a shame because her positions are quite stunning, but so far her choreography has been front loaded and empty. I think she will improve dramatically in this area in a season or two, though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple Butz View Post
    No. It's a shame because her positions are quite stunning, but so far her choreography has been front loaded and empty. I think she will improve dramatically in this area in a season or two, though.
    Oh, there's another thing I just remembered. Her spins need work, her layback is not very good (and the bielmann isn't either), and that weird camel catchfoot thing that the Russian juniors do looks awful.

vCash
    May be it's easy to compare two competitive skating in good quality? Like this year Jr. champ.
    Adelina - gold: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeXXrxjNXtA
    Liza - silver: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDXMc...eature=related

vCash
    LOL! Skating is so funny! I swear, it's completely subjective; people see things differently...

Some people here find Adelina a bit boring...but that's my impression of Liza T! It's so weird! I do agree Adelina needs some better choreography but I don't find her boring or deaf to the music, though she does skate through it rather than to it. But, in my eyes, Liza T isn't much better in either category. She has more choreography but it's rather contrived to me; I don't get the sense that she feels what she's doing...yet.

Say what you will about her competitive programs, but Adelina's Black Swan exhibition was fabulous. There was a lot of power in that routine as well as elegance and I think she pulled it off brilliantly and believably. I much preferred it to Liza T's Michael Jackson exhibition, though it was good.

Thankfully, all of this can be corrected on both sides. Both have things to work on but that's the beauty of being 14 and 15 years old...there's plenty of time to work on technique, spins, posture, line, musicality, interpretation, etc.

I have high hopes for both of them...

vCash
    No. I agree she has wonderful posture, presence, high jumps etc. But sometimes I can't make myself to watch her program till the end.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple Butz View Post
    She already has improved dramatically in expression department during this summer. To me she looks obviously different to what we saw last season and at JW in particular. Looks like she's more relaxed now and really feels the music (check Black swan video from Korea).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    I do agree Adelina needs some better choreography but I don't find her boring or deaf to the music, though she does skate through it rather than to it.
    So you don't find her deaf to the music but you agree that she skates through it. Right...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    So you don't find her deaf to the music but you agree that she skates through it. Right...
    Your snark is appreciated. However, there's a difference. When I say she skates through the music I don't mean she skates as if there's no music on or she's on the ice with earplugs, ie. "deaf to the music." I mean, her movements emphasize the right notes in the music but the music isn't a part of her like it is with skaters who really feel, relate to, and interpret the music more thoroughly a la Yu-Na Kim or Mao Asada.

Point is, there's more that can be pulled out of the music, a deeper feeling and understanding can be conveyed, and she's not doing that right now...thus she's skating through it. Get it now?
    Last edited by kwanatic; 08-24-2011 at 02:38 AM.

vCash
    Some very good points

However they compare, looks like they are both friends:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMuK5Gqv794

Interesting to note how this compare's with the relationship between various skaters down the years.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast