Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

vCash

Adelina Sotnikova & Elizaveta Tuktamysheva - Some Videos From Their Summer Shows

Both Adelina and Liza have been doing a few summer shows during the off season. Here are some video's:-

Adelina Sotnikova - World Dream Skaters on Ice - 6th - 7th Aug 2011

Adelina Sotnikova - World Dream Skaters on Ice - 6th - 7th Aug 2011 - second video

Elizaveta Tuktamysheva - Mishin Mission Gala - 9th July 2011

Really enjoyed Adelina's Swan Lake/Black Swan - must be difficult to jump in that costume.

vCash
    ^Thank you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maofan7 View Post
    Both Adelina and Liza have been doing a few summer shows during the off season. Here are some video's:-

Adelina Sotnikova - World Dream Skaters on Ice - 6th - 7th Aug 2011 - second video

Really enjoyed Adelina's Swan Lake/Black Swan - must be difficult to jump in that costume.
    Thanks for posting!

LOVE Liza's new free program. She's really becoming quite expressive. Looks like she's definitely going for that 3A...wow! She still needs to loosen up her upper body a bit, but that will come!

vCash

I like Adelina's potential, but as far as the Black swan music goes, I think Oksana Baiul's skate to this music was one for the ages, and she was just 15 when I first saw her skate to it live, at skate America. The link below is her 94 Olympics SP performance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6zKfZVurJY

Somehow I found Adelina's tutu distracting while watching, though the costume looked gorgeous at the start. Oddly, Oksana's tutu never seemed to distract me from watching her performance. I will need to see if hers was smaller (for lack of a better word) than Adelina's.

I hope Adelina and Liza can both develop into world champions, some day win the OGM (in two different Olympics, obviously).

Thanks for posting these links.

ETA: Just looked at both of Oskana's tutu's (black and white), and they seem to come down more than Adelina's whose tutu is almost horizontal, which may make jumping more difficult, as the OP noted, but it also made it more distracting to me.
    Last edited by Vash01; 08-21-2011 at 07:19 PM.

vCash

I really liked Liza's performance, in spite of the fall on the first jump. She seems to have it all. I am really interested in seeing how she does in the upcoming GPs.

vCash
    Is that the same exhibition that Adelina has been doing for awhile?

vCash
    Yes, it is.
    Adelina Sotnikova is the 2014 Olympic champion!

vCash
    Sorry but Liza T just isn't pulling me in at all. I can see that she's grown a bit which does help her appearance on the ice some, but there's something about her skating that just isn't clicking for me right now. I'm not really seeing the expression people are talking about. And sorry again, but that program wasn't very good...I didn't like any of it. Judging from the length, that may be her long program. Hopefully, that's just an early version of it and it'll be better by the time the competitions start. Still, I'm not a fan of the music at all...maybe that's just her style. I'm really hoping she'll have that breakout performance that really makes me love her b/c right now, she's just meh to me...

IDK, I guess I should wait to see more. But I will say that I'm definitely much more a fan of Adelina. Her presence on the ice is wonderful and that Black Swan exhibition of hers if fabulous. I love the oversized skirt! She could use something like that for a competitive program, but I think the circumference of the skirt would have to be reduced a bit. Oksana's dress wasn't that big around...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    Sorry but Liza T just isn't pulling me in at all. I can see that she's grown a bit which does help her appearance on the ice some, but there's something about her skating that just isn't clicking for me right now. I'm not really seeing the expression people are talking about. And sorry again, but that program wasn't very good...I didn't like any of it. Judging from the length, that may be her long program. Hopefully, that's just an early version of it and it'll be better by the time the competitions start. Still, I'm not a fan of the music at all...maybe that's just her style. I'm really hoping she'll have that breakout performance that really makes me love her b/c right now, she's just meh to me...

IDK, I guess I should wait to see more. But I will say that I'm definitely much more a fan of Adelina. Her presence on the ice is wonderful and that Black Swan exhibition of hers if fabulous. I love the oversized skirt! She could use something like that for a competitive program, but I think the circumference of the skirt would have to be reduced a bit. Oksana's dress wasn't that big around...
    ITA. I really love Sotnikova, but I just do not get the Tuktamisheva hype yet.

vCash
    Thank you for the videos!
    I see that both of them are amazingly talented. But so far I strongly prefer Mirai or Alissa or Mao ( or Yu-Na or Carolina or Alena...) to Adelina and Lisa. They do not yet- to my eyes- have individual style that sets them apart. They are very promising skaters just out of Juniors.
    improving my ballad- like lines

vCash
    I agree with dinakt in that the young Russian ladies need to develop their style, maturity, etc. I am probably going to root for Mao all the way to 2014 but at this point I am not even sure she will be around by then. I may like the finished product from Russia before Sochi, who knows? I am still impressed by the young talent in Russia in the ladies field.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chipso1 View Post
    ITA. I really love Sotnikova, but I just do not get the Tuktamisheva hype yet.
    Agree. If Mishin wants her to shine he really needs to let her go.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    Is that the same exhibition that Adelina has been doing for awhile?
    I have a feeling this will also be her music for Sochi.

vCash
    Looks like as long as Liza trains with Mishin, she will be disliked by some on this board.

I would rather wait and see how she develops, regardless of who her coach is. Mishin has coached a few Olympic champions. I don't see why Liza could not be one of them.

vCash
    Love Adelina, she really has it all. As for Liza, she's surely talented, but for me she isn't soup yet and still has a long way to go. It doesn't mean she won't get there, but for me, Adelina is head and shoulders above her at this point. But as well all know that all could change over the course of a season or two...

vCash
    If there's one this Sotnikova needs to work on, it is her expression. She kinda looks overly focused when she's skating..not just before the jumps but the entire program.

vCash
    IIRC both these young ladies are really young (16?). They have time to develop maturity and artistry. I also liked some other young ladies from Russia. I am really excited about the ladies field in general.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    IIRC both these young ladies are really young (16?). They have time to develop maturity and artistry. I also liked some other young ladies from Russia. I am really excited about the ladies field in general.
    Nono, they 15 (Adelina) and 14 (Liza), not even eligible for Senior Worlds! So, yes, there is PLENTY of time for them to develop their on-ice personalities

vCash
    Adelina is 15, Liza is 14.

vCash
    They really are 'babies'. However, Michelle won worlds at age 15 and Tara at age 14, so we cannot count them out. The new rules however are keeping them out and that's a shame.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast