Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

vCash
    Johnny sounds like a smurf on helium i personally love that he's living his dream and gets to have a lot of fun. He's the only one who's actually being himself and enjoying it, ignoring the media training and being genuinely hilarious.

Kitty is not likable even though she has a good voice. Her VTs are all "oh i'm just so controversial and I will not apologise for being me, I inspire people who are bullied, I am singing for my fans (what fans?)" and then she goes on stage a jibbering fragile mess. One of those is an act, assuming that the hard faced "I'm just sooooooo controversial" part is the persona, she should ditch it immediatly and she would instantly be more likeable. The problem is, like Katie Waisel last year, a 180 - personality transplant will come across as equally fake and it might be too late. The whole media training has not really worked when Dermot asked her a couple of unrelated questions and all she could say was "i'm just having fun and enjoying myself". I think this competition might break her.

I think the boys are a total snoozefest. Markus seems like a lovely guy but I've hated both of his song choices. Craig's performance this week was totally weak - he hit all the notes but there was nothing else there. Why would Gary choose a Beyonce song that is so recent that everyone still hears it on the radio and has seen her easy and amazing live performances of it?

Frankie Coconuts can go immediately - he's been awful since his first audition. He looks like he could do with a good wash too. Also if he's had as much sex as he claims to have done, I'm left wondering with what, because his trousers every week have been virtually spray on, and he appears to have the anatomy of a Ken doll .

Misha B is miles ahead of everyone else.

I don't understand Kelly's gushing over Sophie, who seems a bit blah to me. Worse she keeps giving her songs to showcase her as "The Voice" with no chroegraphy or production, but this week she was out of tune for a large part of her song which means the whole thing fell flat.

I really like the Risk and think they're all and I have enjoyed their performances even though i can't stand the Bruno Mars track they did this week.

It is all a little bit boring for now. Hoping it will get better.

Vacant
    vCash
    Agree with you both Ziggy and antmanb.

The sooner Kitty gets voted off the better for her own sake. She is a car crash waiting to happen. Her whole - the audience booed me that's so meeaaaan - VT was shocking and obviously the editing is to show her in the worst possible light. I also hate her whole shaking like a leaf sob with relief act when she gets through another stage. Whatever

As someone who used to sing on cruise ships for a living I totally take offense at the negative connotation used by Simon and now Gary. I know so many terrific singers - waaaaay better than Sophie - who worked on ships for a living. They had talent, integrity and star quality but never got the break they needed. Everyone I ever worked with on ships was an utter professional with West End credits to their name and long distinguished careers behind them. Of course you get the odd dross act but on the whole they just were sooooo much more than is implied by the connotation. Regarding Sophie - tired old songs and some really dogy outfits aren't going to help.

I've said all I need to say about Janet

Who are the boys again? Honestly other than Frankie I can't think who the are. And the only reason I can remember Frankie is NOT to do with any X Factor he may possess. I agree he needs a wash and a makeover. Emo birds nest hair, skinny jeans and unwashed is soooo old.

Johnny could be a novelty act in a GOOD way if Louis actually knew what he was doing, but thats way too much to ask obviously.

Sophie is blah, and Misha B is a bonafide rockstar already. If she doesn't win the whole thing will be a travesty.

The groups left can at least sing to a degree in harmony but the girls group sounded as though they were doing some kind of group impression of Cher Lloyd which is just sooo not cool.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by floskate View Post
    As someone who used to sing on cruise ships for a living I totally take offense at the negative connotation used by Simon and now Gary. I know so many terrific singers - waaaaay better than Sophie - who worked on ships for a living. They had talent, integrity and star quality but never got the break they needed. Everyone I ever worked with on ships was an utter professional with West End credits to their name and long distinguished careers behind them. Of course you get the odd dross act but on the whole they just were sooooo much more than is implied by the connotation. Regarding Sophie - tired old songs and some really dogy outfits aren't going to help.
    I think the cruise ship comments were aimed at Sami this week rather than Sophie. I agree I think that it is an unthought insult, which, pisses me off coming from the lack of personality that is Gary Barlow. The more the programme goes on the more of an idiot he becomes - he sounds like he doesn't have two brain cells to rub to together, and he's completely deluded in a way that Simon Cowell was not. Simon, I'm sure would have been honest with Frankie this week and said something along the lines of "you know that wasn't one of your best performances" or "you know what you have to work on", but to find that the three other judges were all saying the same thing and then to say "back in the real world" just made me shout obscenities at the TV. I know, I know, most of it is scripted and inteded to do that for "fun", but still I can't help liking him a little bit less each week. Simon Cowell he is not.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    I like all three girls, Marcus and The Risk. I guess I'm easily pleased.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

Vacant
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by antmanb View Post
    I think the cruise ship comments were aimed at Sami this week rather than Sophie. I agree I think that it is an unthought insult, which, pisses me off coming from the lack of personality that is Gary Barlow. The more the programme goes on the more of an idiot he becomes - he sounds like he doesn't have two brain cells to rub to together, and he's completely deluded in a way that Simon Cowell was not. Simon, I'm sure would have been honest with Frankie this week and said something along the lines of "you know that wasn't one of your best performances" or "you know what you have to work on", but to find that the three other judges were all saying the same thing and then to say "back in the real world" just made me shout obscenities at the TV. I know, I know, most of it is scripted and inteded to do that for "fun", but still I can't help liking him a little bit less each week. Simon Cowell he is not.
    Ooops my bad, yes I meant Sami. And that should have read dodgy outfits not dogy but then again.....she does come from Rhyl

vCash
    My favorite is Misha by far, I like The Risk and I find Johnny very entertainment. The rest...

vCash
    When I said cruise ship, what I meant was being a good, competent craftsman but without the charisma and overall package, the star quality.

That pretty much sums Sami up. She's a great singer technically but her qualities end there as far as I am concerned.

Of course Flo, I am sure that there are many cruise ship singers who have star quality and just never were lucky enough to get a break.

It will be interesting to see where Louis takes Johnny.

At this stage him and Misha B are the only two contestants I even remotely care about. Well Markus too but that's only because of his looks and personality and definitely not because of his singing.

I still can't get over the fact Goldie resigned. Now that would be something to watch. And her singing has actually been getting better and better as the show progressed.

vCash
    Is Sami really technically that good of a singer though? When she did "one moment in time" in her audition I thought she sounded like a competent Karaoke singer and not much more, i certainly didn't think she was amazing or noteworthy. She used too much vibrato in a way I always associate with old women in Church choirs and cher. I don't know that she's imporved technically much more from her audition. Maybe I just don't particularly like her voice.

Vacant
    vCash
    I think Sami sings one way - BELT. She can't do anything else, she's pitchy and badly packaged by Louis. In other words she's fooked

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by floskate View Post
    I think Sami sings one way - BELT. She can't do anything else, she's pitchy and badly packaged by Louis. In other words she's fooked

vCash
    Amelia's make over is a make under! Cheap pink hair? And no real improvement on the eye make up?

I'm fine with the ones they kicked out. Wouldn't have kicked out Amelia necessarely but hey, sooner or later she'll be out. Don't get the hype over Frankie. He's nothing special and he really does look dirty and it has gotten to his head already.

vCash
    Tulisa and Louis

vCash
    [QUOTE=Jackie Sparrow;3327802. Don't get the hype over Frankie. He's nothing special and he really does look dirty and it has gotten to his head already. [/QUOTE]

Dirty in many ways

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Interesting how there was a lot more banter between the judges last night. Cynical old me thinks they were told to disagree more for the sake of ratings.

Was it just me or did Tulisa look she had overindulged on the fake tan?
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Does anyone have a live link that works outside the UK?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadin View Post
    Does anyone have a live link that works outside the UK?
    You can watch the XFactor YT channel everywhere.

Or are you after a live link?

Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    Was it just me or did Tulisa look she had overindulged on the fake tan?
    Tangerine nightmare.
    Last edited by Ziggy; 10-24-2011 at 01:09 AM.

vCash
    Week 3
    (Don't read this, if you don't want to be spoiled)

Marcus Collins

I don't get all the praise. It was alright but didn't blew me away. I find his high tones quite irritating at times.

He's definitely the most likeable (well, second most after Johnny ) person in the final, it'll carry him far.

Janet Devlin

Boring. As usual. It was a rock song. She lacked power and was too introverted. She can't seem to break out of her shell.

Sami Brookes

I can't stand Gary but he's right. It was a cheap, cruise-shippy song. And it was a karaoke performance. As others remarked before, all she can do is belt. And belt she did. But there was no interpretation of the song, no feeling of it, no x-factor.

Boring.

Rhytmix

I like them but it was a little bit of a mess. They need a lot of work on the vocals, on their harmonies, etc.

And yes, obviously it wasn't rock and they weren't brought out of their comfort zone at all.

Sophie Habibis

I hated the arrangement. Why did they change such a powerful song into a boring ballad. And she was wailing. It sounded like a cat being murdered.

I want Amelie back.

Craig Colton

Ok so I am being extremely moody and hate everything even more than usual but Craig's wailing was even worse than Sophie's. I usually liked the tone of his voice a lot but not this time.

And he's boring. ;P

Kitty Brucknell

The styling... WTF?!!

A perfect example of trying too hard. Tulisa's facial expression, the first time they cut to the judges said it all. They way that the song was cut and arranged was even more mental than her styling.

And she screamed more than sang.

Frankie Cocozza

Lol at the lyrics, given it's "a family show". Great to hear some proper music on the X-Factor for once. But he can't sing. What-so-ever.

He was mumbling into the microphone again. It sounded like a drunken idiot managed to get on stage during a karaoke night.

I also can't stand him as a person. He needs to go asap. At this stage, Kitty is much much more likeable.

The Risk

The harmonies were a bit of a mess. Individual vocals weren't particularly strong either. They are just really mediocre and I find them really annoying. I don't get the hype at all.

Johnny Robinson

The choruses were a mess. He wasn't managing with singing that fast. But the falsetto worked great in the verses.

You could see, he wasn't feeling the song at all. But vocally he more or less delivered.

Misha B

She slayed it. As usual. I didn't like the performance as much as the first two but it was great.

X-Factor this season is like Skate America this season. Or any given Europeans.

There 1-2 ladies capable of landing something and then there's a big gulf.

Here's there's Misha and then there's a big void.

Tulisa's and Louis's comments were extremely stupid. They should leave stuff like this backstage. Contestants should be judged on their performances.

I really don't understand what Tulisa is doing judging this show. She's such an annoying simpleton. I hope it's the first and last time she does it.

So, my bottom two:

Frankie was the worst clearly.
    Not sure about the other act. I guess I'd pick Sami because she's nothing more but a competent karaoke singer.

Sami's Sing Off

Again, a very competent performance, decent technically but no x-factor. Sorry Sami. (Well, she did sing with emotion but it was still boring, sorry )

Kitty's Sing Off

She was really emotional and I thought she's gonna break down any moment and lose it. But she kept it together somehow.

Powerful vocals. Shame that she didn't sing this instead of the awfully arranged Paul McCartney song.

My choice: Without any doubts, I'd be sending Sami home.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    She's such an annoying simpleton.
    But she sure is beautiful.

Totally spot-on with your comments. I believe that it's Misha B's to lose, but I fear that the public is going to screw this up somehow.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i like johnny best, actually he is the only one i like. this song is stupid but it isnt his fault.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Running from Morozov...I'm blonde, after all! IL
    vCash
    been watching Janet devlin on youtube. I need to catch up.

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast