Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast
    vCash
    I don't think there was any doubt that Misha B was way better both on Saturday and in the sing-off.

I have to say it was a great PR stunt for Kelly. She obviously wanted to send Janet home but she was lucky enough with all other judges making that decision for her.

I guess Misha B received the fewest amount of votes and would be going, if not for the judges' decisions being in place.

Wasn't it always down to the fewest amount of votes and no judges involved at this stage of the competition?

Can't say I am complaining though. GOOD RIDDANCE!

Quote Originally Posted by floskate View Post
    Wow jessie j sang soooooo flat
    Misha B sang that song much much better.

vCash
    I think everyone else has said what i thought about the acts.

Few random extra comments:

Marcus - really, really struggles with ballads (i kept thinking how much better craig would have performed Stevie Wonder).

Amelia Lily - really can only do quiet and breathy or full on shout and nothing in between. China in your hand went from quiet sat on the floor, to shouty shout SHOUT in about 3 seconds, she didn't build the song at all Then the shouty and flat second song was worse. Gary's right, the songs she sings are too high for her and no kelly, she does not hit the notes. I really do hope she goes next week.

Janet - was just awful. If she's such a big chillis fan, why on earth didn't she do one of their songs in rock week? Agree with floskate, all the moaning in the VT about who she "really is", I want to scream at her "WHY THE FECK DID YOU AUDITION FOR THE X FACTOR IF YOU ARE OH-SO-ALTERNATIVE AND UNIQUE AND NOT MAINSTREAM!!!!". Good ridance.

Even though Jessie Jay was flat, it was nice to have both guests actually sing live, not mime, not sing over a backing track of themselves.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Marcus was wearing the H&M Versace pink jacket and shoes on Saturday night. He's about the only person I've seen who it looks semi-decent on.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    I hope it's going to be judges' decisions next week too.

Because if not, Misha B will leave the show for sure.

But if judges will be deciding, they might keep her in, especially if she stood against Amelia Lily (and that is the most likely bottom 2, I reckon).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    I hope it's going to be judges' decisions next week too.

Because if not, Misha B will leave the show for sure.

But if judges will be deciding, they might keep her in, especially if she stood against Amelia Lily (and that is the most likely bottom 2, I reckon).
    I always thought that the semifinal was public vote, no judges votes as it's too tempting to be tactical and vote the best one off so your act survives in the finals.

It should be Amelia Lily leaving but I think you're right it will be Misha B.

vCash
    I knew it!

It might be total bullshit because it's an unattributed rumour but Digital Spy reports that Simon is considering swapping Kelly and Nicole.

Would make sense because Yanks would love Kelly. And she's bigger statewide whilst Nicole is bigger in the UK (her singles tanked in the US and the album didn't get proper release and promotion).

vCash
    I can't stand Janet but at least she has really good music taste.

Amongst others, she named Wild Beasts as one of her favourite artists and their "Smother" is easily one of the best albums of the year.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUJYqhKZrwA

vCash
    It might be total bullshit because it's an unattributed rumour but Digital Spy reports that Simon is considering swapping Kelly and Nicole.

Would make sense because Yanks would love Kelly. And she's bigger statewide whilst Nicole is bigger in the UK (her singles tanked in the US and the album didn't get proper release and promotion).
    I've heard the same rumour. I'd be gutted because Kelly has been really good (illness notwithstanding). I loved Nicole last year when she stepped in for the panel when Dannii was on maternity leave, however, I think she's been beyond shyte on the US version. She comes across as so fake in her critique (remember when Celine Dion was the "mentor" for a week in the season they had celebs working with the acts? She comes across like that). She seems to have changed a lot since she was on the UK version if rumour is to believed the amount of shyte she's shoving up her nose might be to blame. Allegedly.

Do you mean her oh-so-alternative taste in music, that makes her oh-so different from anyone else her age or in the competition. And her oh-so-alternative taste requires her to have an oh-so-alternative boyfriend, so they can be oh-so-alternative together, while they listen to...the red hot chilli peppers and snorew patrol?

Prick Admin
    vCash
    And an offer for a recording contract already.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by antmanb View Post
    Do you mean her oh-so-alternative taste in music, that makes her oh-so different from anyone else her age or in the competition. And her oh-so-alternative taste requires her to have an oh-so-alternative boyfriend, so they can be oh-so-alternative together, while they listen to...the red hot chilli peppers and snorew patrol?

In all fairness to her though, it's the producers who were making her sing popular songs.

Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    And an offer for a recording contract already.
    It's not a proper label, though.

I mean, it's just been set up, god knows how long it's gonna survive and whether it's going to achieve any success.

I hope Janet is going to refuse it, because I think she's pretty likely to receive an offer from a more established label.

vCash
    So Misha B is going to be eliminated next week and Little Mix are going to win.

Both of those are so likely to happen, there's pretty much no tension and excitement left.

vCash
    So Misha B is going to be eliminated next week and Little Mix are going to win.

Both of those are so likely to happen, there's pretty much no tension and excitement left.
    I really do hope Little Mix will win, but I think Marcus is in with a big chance, especially as he'll appeal to old lday demogaphic that vote and are unlikely to vote for little mix.

vCash
    I dunno, to me it looks like Little Mix are going to easily win and Marcus and Amelia will fight a close (and meaningless ) battle for 2nd place.

Kelly Rowland got her promotional slot after all. She'll perform "Down For Whatever" on Sunday. They'll also play a prerecorded performance of Bieber's "Mistletoe". I mean god forbid he had to sing live.

The two songs performed by the contestants on Saturday will be Motown (boring!) and "Song To Get You To The Final" (what-evah! ).

Celebrity performers for the final have been announced too. Coldplay (LOL!), Michael Buble (zzz) and that's as far as "celebrities" go. The remaining slots are for Syco to promote their best-selling acts: JLS, 1D and Leona Lewis.

On another note, Andy Gill has totally slammed Olly Murs's new album in an absolutely hilarious fashion.

As for Rebecca Ferguson: By the law of averages, talent-show telly has to throw up at least one genuinely serviceable talent every ten years or so, and Rebecca Ferguson is surely that one.

Prick Admin
    vCash

On another note, Andy Gill has totally slammed Olly Murs's new album in an absolutely hilarious fashion.
    He slates the album alright, but I didn't find it hilarious at all. The review was as mediocrely written as Olly's album.

Am I the only one here who thinks Marcus is head and shoulders above the rest of the contestants left?

Vacant
    vCash
    I thought the whole semi-final was boring. No one really sang their best and the whole 'songs to get you to the final' thing was pathetic. Talk about uninspired choices.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    So it's Little Mix, Marcus and Amelia Lily into the final. How excited are we?

vCash
    So it's Little Mix, Marcus and Amelia Lily into the final. How excited are we?

vCash
    Week 9 - Motown & Song To Get You To The Final

Motown

Misha B gave arguably one of her best performances. She was really relaxed, confident, really worked the stage and the vocals were great.

In a totally different league to the other contestants. There's just no comparison. To think she's not going to make the final because of what Tulisa and Louis did...

Amelia Lily had her vocal shortcomings laid bare with her song. It wasn't too bad but I just think it's too early for her. She does have the popstar image but not the voice yet.

Little Mix totally blew it. A weak, flawed performance. They are very likeable but vocally they also need so much work. Are they ready for this? I'm not sure.

Marcus Collins - That was good. Not mindblowingly good but good nevertheless. Solid performance. Although as in the past, he needed a little while to get into the song. He's usually a bit rough at the start.

Motown:
    1. Misha B
    [huge gulf]
    2. Marcus Collins
    [another huge gulf]
    3. Amelia Lily
    4. Little Mix

Song To Get You To The Final

Misha B was absolutely mindblowing even for her standard. Left me speechless.

Big big props to Gary for saying what he did. I would have loved to see Tulisa and Louis's faces then.

Amelia Lily - What I said above stands. She was very shouty again. Gary was spot on (I can't believe Louis has made such a huge career in music, given how totally clueless he is...). Sadly the general public seems to regard full on shouting as good singing.

Marcus Collins - Totally blew it at the start, this time even more so than usual. Later on it was on and off.

I would blame the ridiculous over-the-top production. There was way too much movement on stage and he couldn't focus on the singing, I guess. And he seemed very tense and not very comfortable.

Little Mix - Again, great chemistry between them but vocally it was a little sub-par. Poor Tulisa couldn't handle the truth, she probably needed some valium.

Song To Get You To The Final:
    1. Misha B
    [huge gulf]
    2. Little Mix
    3. Amelia Lily
    4. Marcus Collins

In the end, I'd boot Amelia Lily because vocally she's clearly the weakest link.

But of course, as we all know, life isn't fair and as widely predicted, Misha B who delivered clearly the best performances in both songs and was very consistent throughout the competition had to go home.

Screw this.

Am I the only one here who thinks Marcus is head and shoulders above the rest of the contestants left?
    He's definitely better than Little Mix and Amelia Lily. No doubt about that.

But we all know that Little Mix are going to win.

As meaningless as it is, I really hope that Amelia is going to come last.

vCash
    I agree with Ziggy's comments this week. I'm really not that fussed about who wins now, I'd also like Amelia Lily to be out first next week.

Does seem a bit tragic that the best singer has gone in the semi final and then when she did a hell of a lot better singing Jessie J's song than Jessie J managed last week it was kind of and at the same time.

I think between Marcus and Little Mix, Marcus stands the most to lose by winning the show (if that makes sense!). If you look back at the likes of Matt Cardle, Joe McElderry (sp?), Leon, Shayne Ward, Steve Brookstein. The programme just doesn't do any good for solo male singers, the only one having any kind of success from these things has been Will Young, and he only really started making half decent music after his contractual obligations to Pop Idol were over.

I actually think Little Mix would do well to have the more forced manufactured root to their career that winning the show would give them.

vCash
    I totally agree. It would be best for Marcus to come second and develop his own sound. If he won, Simon would make him rush record a cheap copy of Bruno Mars' album.

Although I'm not sure if he can become a successful solo artist. He's cute, he's very likeable but I don't see a star. I don't see a strong artistic identity, somebody who could become a brand and sell lots of records.

Little Mix are not exactly artistes extraordinaire, there really isn't an original sound to be developed there, I don't think.

If they won and got a capable manager and a team working on their vocals, dancing, styling, the whole lot, they could hope to become moderately successful, at least in the UK. There's definitely a niche on the market for a slightly edgy girlband, especially now that Girls Aloud are gone.

Amelia Lily would be lucky to get some West End work. I don't think she can hope for much more but who knows I might be totally wrong. She's well liked, the fact she can't sing very well might not hinder her that much.

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast