Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Prick Admin
    vCash
    The Risk are now out as they received the fewest votes.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

Vacant
    vCash
    And Johnny gone in the vote off against Kitty. Janet and Frankie should count themselves very lucky tonight.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Well Janet has the Irish vote, but I'm still trying to figure out who is voting for Frankie?
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Life post X-Factor:

Matt Cardle's "Run For Your Life" single is down to number 96 in its 4th week and the album "Letters" is down to number 12 in it's 3rd week.

I'm sure this is not what Simon Cowell hoped for. Taking bets on him getting dumped by Syco in three months or so, unless they can find a second single that will turn this around (if they even release it ).

Cher Lloyd debuted at number 4 with "With Ur Love" (her first single managed to get to number 1).

It probably says more about my neuroticism than the song but I cried watching Will Young's "Come On" video.

I always despaired at how boring Will's music is because his voice is beautiful and he's a lovely, down-to-earth guy despite his huge success.

I think his new album "Echoes" is his best so far. It's still a bit granny music but sounds more contemporary than his previous efforts and the mood is just enchanting.

Nicole Scherzinger's "Try With Me" totally bombed debuting down at number 18. I guess the godawful X-Factor performance didn't help.

I'm surprised because I think it's really catchy. And the recorded, mastered vocals sound great.

vCash
    Johnny sang beautifully tonight, I'm really pissed off that he had to leave while some of the weaker links are still in the competition
    Hopefully he can still make a career out of it.

vCash
    Janet gave an awful performance but she seems to have a huge fan base and I think she's a safe bet on making it to the final three.

The Risk leaving I am fine with, they were very underwhelming throughout the competition.

Kitty and Johnny did perform poorly yesterday and even thought both sang extremely well in the sing-off, I'd also agree with sending Johnny home.

But it's so infuriating that he had to leave whilst Frankie is still in the competition.

Who's voting for him? Teenage girls who want to party wild with him and then get knocked up by him in the toilet I guess.

P.S. I think it's a pretty safe guess that Kitty had less votes than Johnny.
    Last edited by Ziggy; 11-06-2011 at 10:41 PM.

vCash
    What a mess! I don't think i've been this bored by a set of contestants since....last year I guess!

The song choices were awful. I was expecting a modern "club classics" like they did last year which was entertaining, this was just rubbish.

Marcus and Misha are just light years ahead of everyone else at this stage. But Misha trying to be Tina didn't really work for me at all so I preferred Marcus this week.

Johnny's performance was cringeworthy. I didn't see the point of the hung up mash up with dead or alive. The dead or alive part was so much better than the Hung up part. If I were Louis and really wanted to go that way then i'd have had him sing Dannii Minogue's version of "I begin to spin" which was was at least a legitimate mash up.

Surivial song - just showed that while he can sing in tune and hit the notes, he still sounds like a catrato on helium - it's just not a pleasent sound to listen to. In any event, he will be booked for every Gay Pride up and down the country for years to come (christ if Diva Fever are making a living out of it, Johnny will more than make a living out of it).

Kitty - Agree with Ziggy could she come across any more annoying in the VT beforehand? Blathering on about how she wanted to do something oh so original and different with the song so she......went with Gospel singers....and you know you're in trouble vocally if Madonna can sing the riffs at the end better than you.

Survival song was really good and was vocally much better than the Madonna mess from the night before.

Frankie - how is he still in the competition? He never should have made it to the live shows and the fact he's still in is ridiculous.

Janet - I felt for her - she tried something different, looked awkward as hell, forgot the words and didn't even try to cover it up, went rabbit in headlights and then stumbled her way through.

I got so irritated with Louis being a bitch to Kelly and then remembered that the whole thing is scripted for TV and Master Cowell has supposedly been on the phone bollocking them all for such a crap show this has been (begging the question does he watch the crap he's churning out in the US?). Clearly Tulisa/Kelly wars created interest so why not make Louis try to fight with Kelly.

Double eviction didn't make any sense (and was clearly an attempt to get rid of either Frankie or Kitty or both and failed, take that producers!) but it means that if one contestant goes every week from now on they'll be down to four by 3 December which is normally what they have in the final but seems to be a week or two early.

vCash
    I'm sad about Johnny leaving but as you say he'll probably make good living out of it. Gay Pride appearances, gay club appearances and so on. Hopefully he'll be able to move out of his awful bedsit soon.

Simon should better worry about how crap US X-Factor is turning out to be because I think that this UK season has been a very good show so far.

Kelly. <3

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    I'm sad about Johnny leaving but as you say he'll probably make good living out of it. Gay Pride appearances, gay club appearances and so on. Hopefully he'll be able to move out of his awful bedsit soon.

Simon should better worry about how crap US X-Factor is turning out to be because I think that this UK season has been a very good show so far.

Kelly. <3
    Kelly has been the star of the show hasn't she. Weirdly after being so promising at the audition stages in the UK I don't think Nicole is particularly good on the US version, though I did laugh last week that she clearly said that someone was "so fcuking good" and they had to blank it out! But Simon annoucned that X factor US has got a contract for next year so he's not coming back to the UK any time soon. I fear that we will lose Kelly to the US version

vCash

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    bring johnny back!
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Oh what a shame, he will be missed.

Apparently, it's because of drugs:
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s103/...ys-report.html

Given Frankie's behaviour and substance abuse so far, sacking him now for talking about taking cocaine shows how ridiculously hypocritical the society's attitude to drugs is.

And yes, as my equine friend says, I really hope this means that Johnny is brought back. I think producers will be keen to return him because the public really liked him (well can't be sure about the tv viewers but he was always given amazing ovations by the studio audience).

Tomorrow X-Factor will announce any changes following Frankie's exit.
    Last edited by Ziggy; 11-08-2011 at 04:37 PM.

vCash
    A lovely interview with Johnny on Digital Spy.

It's great to see he's being so realist about his 5 minutes of fame. Obviously, he won't be a major recording artist, but I am sure he can make a good living off PAs.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s103/...he-gutter.html

Vacant
    vCash
    That is fabulous and I'll bet her PA got an absolute rollicking when they were off air! Can't believe she never got a text or anything!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by floskate View Post
    That is fabulous and I'll bet her PA got an absolute rollicking when they were off air! Can't believe she never got a text or anything!!

To be honest, I am surprised that the producers didn't contact the judges straight away after they decided to kick him off. Seems very unprofessional.

Prick Admin
    vCash

vCash
    Matt Cardle's second single "Starlight".

I might have to eat my hat. This is much better than "Run For Your Life". Quite catchy and I predict it's going to do really well (if they promote it decently).

vCash
    How exciting and lovely! There will be a vote amongst Amelia, James, 2Shoes, and Jonjo to get back in the competition!

http://www.mjsbigblog.com/x-factor-u...ie-cocozza.htm

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by haribobo View Post
    How exciting and lovely! There will be a vote amongst Amelia, James, 2Shoes, and Jonjo to get back in the competition!

http://www.mjsbigblog.com/x-factor-u...ie-cocozza.htm
    An interesting twist from the producers but it's extremely unfair to Johnny.

The four did not compete in the four last live shows and could have been eliminated at any stage, if they did.

I guess Amelia is going to win it?

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast