Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelskates View Post
    'Joke Act' walks out on X-Factor

? I can't watch it. Missing out of all the fun
    Sure you can. Everything is on youtube, and they stream it live on justintv also, just search "x factor"

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Disappointed a bit with the boys tonight. Thought the girls looked stronger.

Looking forward to seeing who will make the final 16 tomorrow. Although not so much that I'd make a poll about it.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    I look forward to do about 6 hours of catching up next week
    Freeeed, where are they?

vCash
    The most interesting thing about the boys category was the banter between Gary and Robbie

Vacant
    vCash
    I thought a lot of the boys underperformed but poor Luke was just awful Gary and Robbie stole the show for sure. Kelly and Jennifer Hudson were surprisingly bland. They looked all starchy and stiff, as though they were waiting a really long time for tea to be served and didn't have much conversation in the meantime!

vCash
    Nevermind, Fred

vCash
    Must have been quite the party

vCash
    Does Dermot do anything other than hug people at this stage?

vCash
    Oh Louis...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadin View Post
    Does Dermot do anything other than hug people at this stage?
    I'd love to hug Dermot...I'd love to do more than just hugging...

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Have to say I'm pretty happy with the final lineup. Nobody I particularly loathe or dislike.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    I'm disappointed that Jade didn't make it through. The whole versatility thing is a bit

Vacant
    vCash
    I'm a bit gutted Jade didn't get through either, especially after Kelly's crying and raving after her initial audition. Substitute 'versatility' for body weight and I think you have your answer.

I wasn't that impressed on the first audition but she showed at bootcamp that her voice is actually capable of much more. She's interesting and I think it's a mistake to drop her at the expense of other 'talents' such as Janet who is irritating in the extreme, as un-versatile as it's possible to get and cannot sustain a single not to save her life without cracking all over it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by floskate View Post
    She's interesting and I think it's a mistake to drop her at the expense of other 'talents' such as Janet who is irritating in the extreme, as un-versatile as it's possible to get and cannot sustain a single not to save her life without cracking all over it.
    OMG ITA x infinity!!! I think Jade's judges house song choice was a bit predictable and blah, but Janet is really a copycat of so many people we've seen before and I think we are going to find her live show performances very "precious" and underwhelming. I'm very satisfied with the other 3 - Amelia, Sophie, and Mischa- all are really great, but man if Jade was in there it would be even better. Tough year eh? I'd like to see if Cheryl would've taken Katie Waissel over Jade last year...I can only hope Jade returns in fierce form next year.

The only weak link I can see in the final 16 is Jonny. Boys, girls, and groups are looking great. Sami, Jonjo, and Kitty are quite good also. Seems like a much deeper field than last year.

vCash
    I also think Janet Devlin is overrated. She looks lovely and I think her voice is quite interesting but she is not ready yet. And she really needs breathing lessons.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    I guess I'm alone in preferring Janet to Jade. Great voice and all, but it's the X Factor after all. You have to have more than singing ability.

Vacant
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    I guess I'm alone in preferring Janet to Jade. Great voice and all, but it's the X Factor after all. You have to have more than singing ability.
    Yes you do but some singing ability would help!!! And what X factor does Janet have? Her lost little girl act will get very old, very soon and she's going to have to find different facets to her voice and performing style if she has any real future beyond the show. Maybe Kelly Rowlands can do that for her and if Janet can deliver the goods all power to the girl, but she has some dreadful vocal habits that I don't see going away anytime soon.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Diana Vickers made the Top 4 and I think Janet is infinitely better than Diana Vickers. The vocal style is not going to appeal to everyone, but whether you like her or don't there's no mistaking it's her.

Plus she's Irish and we bought the .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by floskate View Post
    Substitute 'versatility' for body weight and I think you have your answer.
    I'm blaming the accent! Not sure Kelly understood a word Jade was saying

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    Not at all, Jade looked like she stunk of piss. I don;t care how nice your voice is, if you give the appearance that you don't wash your knickers, I'm not going to listen without prejudice.

I watched all of the judges houses, boys were tripe. Overs were horrific....Seriously, there isn't one potential star over 25!! (it's not 40) in Britain??

My favourite was the bands That guy who sang "written in the stars" was awesome...and the two rappers from both groups had great quality. Especially the one named after a city in Norn Iron..Derry?

Completely agree that the blonde girl who sang that tripe Ketie Perry song, kind of put Perry in the shade and was believable as a pop star. Her brother is Lewis from Any drem will do.

I'm saying Nu vibe for the win, with Sophie () and Amelia giving her a push.
    Last edited by poths; 10-05-2011 at 08:23 PM.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast