Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    A sneak "peak"? I think Evan needs to go to college!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyedwards View Post
    Universal Sports has an article about Lysacek training quads. So glad the anti-Lysacek revisions to the COP making quads worth doing has the anti-quad activist doing quads. Chan can do three a competition so there is a way to go. Kind of sad though how some people are acting like an Olympic Champion doing a quad is newsworthy. That is really kind of sad. What is it the 1980's or something? It's like a video of Jason Brown trying a 3A. So dumb of the judges to give someone quadless the gold medal over PLushenko who did two quad triples. Well if it wasn't for Plushenko and the anti-Lysacek COP revisions to prevent quadless gold medalists this wouldn't be happening.

http://www.universalsports.com/news-...id=550378.html
    Oh. My. God. Will you ever let it rest?

Quote Originally Posted by LilJen View Post
    Anybody can make a typo, even college graduates.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LilJen View Post
    It is a high point in his training, so it may have been intentional. They don't teach spelling in college anymore - everything has to be typed, so spell check and grammar check eliminates a lot of the errors without the writer learning a darn thing.

A lot of people confuse "peek" (to look) with "peak" (to reach the top) and "pique" (to inspire interest).

How's this:

This thread piqued my interest to peek at Evan's video once more and see if he reaches the peak of his jump apex!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FigureSpins View Post
    This thread piqued my interest to peek at Evan's video once more and see if he reaches the peak of his jump apex!
    This has got to be the best post I have ever read in this place.

If Evan is going to add a quad, well, good luck to him and good on him, I say. It takes balls to add skills at this point in his career. It would have been very easy for him to retire after the Olympics, as so many others have done; but to give him his due, he is going to try and mix it with the new generation.

...now can he please also work on the badly-skidded 3A?

vCash
    Good grief, casey, you act like Evan never was able to do quads. He did them before successfully in competition. He decided to leave it out of the Olympics because he was injured. In fact, Evan himself even told you all about why he didn't do a quad in the Olympics when you badgered him about it in an online chat and insulted him by calling him a chicken.

Honestly, I'm surprised you were able to post about this all. I thought for sure your tiny little brain would explode when you watched the video of Evan doing the quad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sassybuford View Post
    Good grief, casey, you act like Evan never was able to do quads. He did them before successfully in competition. He decided to leave it out of the Olympics because he was injured. In fact, Evan himself even told you all about why he didn't do a quad in the Olympics when you badgered him about it in an online chat and insulted him by calling him a chicken.

Honestly, I'm surprised you were able to post about this all. I thought for sure your tiny little brain would explode when you watched the video of Evan doing the quad.
    Sadly, no.
    I guess the hard thing for a lot of people to accept is why God would allow me to go running through their yards, yelling and spinning around.

vCash
    Don't feed the troll and it will go away.

vCash
    He tried a quad at 2010 US Nationals. It was just too risky. That is why most men had stopped doing quads. Quads had nearly vanished from Short programs. The fact that the 2010 Olympic champion was quadless was a disaster. The three previous Olympic champions did them. The sport had moved backwards in a horrible way and the ISU had to make sure that programs like Lysaceks could not win again over a program lke Plushenkos. They increased values for quads, changed GOE for triples, took out step sequence from the short and made one in a FS a level one only. These new rules are making people work harder. Quads are more necessary. No more all triple programs and treating them like the apex of skating. To have a real complete program a quad is necessary. Like it was for three Olympics. I am sad that the Olympic champion did not even try one quad but it is good the new rules are making him work harder now.

vCash
    What is the big fuss? Evan has always trained those things that get rewarded under CoP. When quads weren't rewarded, he didn't do them ... when quads were (and are) rewarded, he did them. Also, don't read too much into the current rule change. Quads used to be highly rewarded under the CoP ... then, after 2006, when the skating at Olys was horrible, and, people got angry because a fall on a quad got more points than certain well done triples, they changed ... and quads weren't worth the risk. Right now, when a loud bunch has been screaming because the Oly champ didn't do a quad, the ISU changed the rules (again) so that quads are rewarded (again). Let another mess happen (again) ... and the rewards will be cut (again)

vCash
    Making him work harder? That's right, that's the real problem. We all know what a slacker Lysacek is on the ice.

Yes, I am well aware that Evan attempted a quad at 2010 Nationals. Did it ever occur to you that his injured foot was the reason he wasn't able to land it successfully? Evan made a strategic decision. He, his coach and his choreographer worked to make a program that fully emphasized his strengths. Your idol Plushenko did not do that. To have a "real, complete program," as you put it, there must be more than just that quad jump that you worship. Sure, Plushenko had a quad, but Evan's entire program was better. That is why Evan won. And that is how all figure skating programs are judged: On the entire program, as skated. Not just one element of the whole program.

I don't know why you get yourself all worked up over one single element of a whole skating package. What I do know is you need to get a grip, move on, get over it and maybe even get some therapy.

vCash
    I'm more interested in whether he's actually managed to stop cheating his triple axels....

vCash
    Lysaceks program was not better. Without a quad it was inadequate and unbecoming of an Olympic champion. That is why the ISU made the rule changes it did. Why if Lysaceks program was so good did the changes the ISU made after the Olympics not reward Lysaceks type of program more? Because it would have been rewarding regression and skating going backwards where all triple programs were common and you would see quads very rarely if ever. It was getting to the point where Plushenko was the only at the Olympics who did two clean quad combos and three 3A's. The repudiation of Lysaceks win was very important and Lysacek doing quads is proof that repudiating that nonsense is working.

vCash
    Lysaceks program was not better.

Funny thing about that, I do believe the judges disagree with you.
    'Life's hard. It's even harder when you're stupid.'--John Wayne

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChelleC View Post
    Lysaceks program was not better. Without a quad it was inadequate and unbecoming of an Olympic champion. That is why the ISU made the rule changes it did. Why if Lysaceks program was so good did the changes the ISU made after the Olympics not reward Lysaceks type of program more? Because it would have been rewarding regression and skating going backwards where all triple programs were common and you would see quads very rarely if ever. It was getting to the point where Plushenko was the only at the Olympics who did two clean quad combos and three 3A's. The repudiation of Lysaceks win was very important and Lysacek doing quads is proof that repudiating that nonsense is working.
    IIRC, Plushenko's LP had the higher base value, so one could argue that it was the better program. His performance, however, was not one of his better efforts - to put it mildly. I'm a fan of neither Lysacek nor Plushenko, so I have no agenda here (my favorites were way off the podium) but it wasn't as if either skater blew the other out of the water. Lysacek made a strategic decision to focus on the quality of his elements rather than on difficulty, and it paid off, but it was a close call in the end, not a decisive victory.

Of course, had Takahashi played it safe like Lysacek did (which, considering his far more serious medical issues, would have been perfectly understandable), chances are we'd have had a different OGM altogether.

Loving on babies!
    vCash
    Anti-Casey Edwards revisions to FSU = quad troll going away??

Sadly, it seems no...
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.~W. C. Fields

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sassybuford View Post

Yup, we all wish ... Actions speak louder than words, Evan landed a great quad here, where's your quad Casey Edwards?

Go Evan! Use your quad to kick all the haters' butts.

vCash
    It seems that Evan has great desire, discipline, and the work ethic necessary to compete.
    If that is what he wishes to do, more power to him!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChelleC View Post
    They did and of course it would lead to huge changes in the system. Quads are rewarded more now because you can't have judges at the Olympics of all places giving gold to a quadless skater over someone who did two quad triples.

vCash
    He tried a quad at 2010 US Nationals. It was just too risky. That is why most men had stopped doing quads. Quads had nearly vanished from Short programs. The fact that the 2010 Olympic champion was quadless was a disaster. The three previous Olympic champions did them. The sport had moved backwards in a horrible way and the ISU had to make sure that programs like Lysaceks could not win again over a program lke Plushenkos. They increased values for quads, changed GOE for triples, took out step sequence from the short and made one in a FS a level one only. These new rules are making people work harder. Quads are more necessary. No more all triple programs and treating them like the apex of skating. To have a real complete program a quad is necessary. Like it was for three Olympics. I am sad that the Olympic champion did not even try one quad but it is good the new rules are making him work harder now.
    No, I think your sad the Olympic Champion is American, honestly.
    Last edited by Jenna; 08-20-2011 at 08:23 PM.

vCash
    To have a real complete program a quad is necessary.
    You can say it as many times as you want, but that doesn't make it true.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast